A sad day...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowRidge Farm

Reaction score
My daughter called me this morning and told me that Buddy, there 9 yr old blue heeler, that was diagonaised (sp) with cushing this past July, got really bad overnight. He has been going downhill for about the past month. She told my 2 grandsons (ages 4 and 2) when they got up to tell Buddy how much they love him. My 4 yr old grandson went up to Buddy, and said "Buddy, your my best bud, but its time for you to go and be with all your friends in doggie heaven, and I love you, and I will talk to you every day" its so heart breaking to lose a dog but to have to see my 4 yr old g-son go thru this is beyond words! He is really taking this like a little trooper and seems to know completely what is happening to his dog. I have my 2 yr old g-son with me, while Mom and Dad take Buddy to the vet. Travis has not stopped talking about Buddy going to doggie heaven. They also have a pomeranian who is 17 years old and I am so afraid that once Buddy is gone she will go fast too. Buddy is going to cross rainbow bridge today at 2:15. I just HATE days like this and have done nothing but cried like a big baby all darn day! I really think the older we get the harder we take it. Thanks for listening. Rest in peace Buddy, we all loved you! Corinne

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very sorry for your loss. What a wonderful grandson you have.

Hugs

Bonnie

Oh Corinne, I feel so bad for you and your entire family. I think kids communicate easily with animals, and they know much more than we give them credit for. I am sure my oldest grandson was able to communicate with Clyde, our Great Dane we had. He always said he was his best friend, and when he was here visiting, he would spend hours with Clyde. There were a few instances that I truely felt he and Clyde were "talking".
default_yes.gif
: I wish I had the ability. Sending you my deepest heartfelt condolences...I know the pain you are all feeling today, all too well.

Corinne I thought I got this e-mail today to share it with Mona after reading her thread last night... maybe it was you instead... or also? Sounds to me like your grandson would really relate to the boy in this story:

Why Dogs Don't Live As Long As People...

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old
Irish Wolfhound named Belker.

The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very much attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle. I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family there were no miracles left for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home. As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for the four-year-old Shane to observe the procedure.

They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why." Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?" The four-year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

(((HUGS))) to you Ce. I can only imagine the pain you are going thru. It hurts to lose our beloved pets that are members of our family, I think we all have been there. I will be thinking of you today. So sorry.

Corrine it sounds like your grandson was well raised and is a very well adjusted little guy.

Susan, that e-mail was/is priceless!

Corinne, Your little grandson gave Buddy such a wonderful parting gift! That dog will be a part of him forever.

Lyn

Oh Ce...I am so sorry. I am just typing through tears. :no: It is sad losing such a good loyal friend. Buddy was loved...and he is not sick anymore. Hugs my friend.

I have tears for you all Corrine. I am so sorry but what a grandson to be proud of. You have my love and sorrow.

[SIZE=14pt]Corinne, so sorry to hear about Buddy. so sad to lose our friends
default_sad.png
, Nikki
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
OH Corrine I'm so sorry. I really hate this so much.........I"m sorry

[SIZE=12pt]Oh Ce, I wish I could be there to give you a big hug. Losing a pet is so tough. I hope you and your family can begin to heal. I'm glad Buddy's not hurting anymore and he is at peace. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Take care my Friend...I am so sorry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Shannon[/SIZE]

Thanks everyone for all you kind thoughts and emails. I am going to print them off and put them in Alex's scrapbook of his Buddy. Corinne

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! I know exactly what he and you are going through as I had to put down my Dad's dog this week. His dog was 11 and we raised him from a puppy. It was heartbreaking for me. My heart goes out to your grandson! What a special little boy he is.

default_sad.png
I know how you feel as I am 58 and have seen some of my family pets past on. It will not matter what the pet is as it is part of the family and always your friend and love by one and all. They are there on happy days and sad days to comfort you and today your son will be there for him, yes the little trooper now and an angel for you to lean on at this time. Sorry for the loss of a value friend
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back