A quick update.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam

We are sending prayers to you and your family.

Take care.

Thanks guys! You really are an amazing group of people. A quick update - my dad had his first procedure this morning. They ended up not being able to finish as the tumor they originally went in for isn't where they thought. He is now being referred to the Mayo Clinic for several weeks of radiation before the next surgery. I'll keep you all posted on how things are going.

I hope you all have a very Happy Holiday season if I don't visit with each of you before. Also, as for the Christmas cards, they haven't hit the mail yet
default_smile.png
I think mine may be Happy Valentine cards at this rate.

Adam, you already know that my thoughts and prayers are with your dad and grandpa. I sorry to hear they didn't get that removed today from your dad. I hope you find a nice place to move to nearby soon.

With prayers and warm thoughts,

Robin

Adam,

You and your family are in my prayers. I know how worried you must be. Hang in there.
default_pray.gif

Adam, our family will be praying for your dad and your grandfather. This has to be very hard to watch your love ones go through this.

I haven't read the replies but wanted to say you're in my prayers and I know what you're going through. Seems like so many people we know have been struck down with the Big C this year! It's scary and a good reminder to all of us to get regular checkups.

Leia

Adam,

You know how I feel about you and you're in my prayers constantly.
default_wub.png

Today my dad is at the Mayo clinic for his first appointment there. He is seeing the United States' lead researcher for colon cancer. This doctor usually is scheduled between 1-2 months out, but since it was a holiday week, he had one open appointment. My cousin is a doctor at the Mayo clinic and was able to get him in....... we should know more in a couple of hours what the next steps will be here.

Oh Adam, so sorry to hear about your Dad and Granddad. Many prayers coming their way!! I'm very glad your Dad got in sooner! Keep us posted- we know you will- and hope things work out ok. Does your Granddad have Multiple Meyloma or something else....?

My thoughts are with you as you all weather this. I hope for the best possible outcomes...thank you for checking in and continued best wishes....

Liz

I'm so sorry for all you've been through and of course my prayers are with you and your family. I'm praying that everything turns out as good as possible. Thanks for the update.

Adam, You and your family are in my prayers and your dad sounds like he is being well taken care of. Be as close as you can to your Grandpa, sometimes men don't know how to express how they truely feel (I was Involved with Hospice for 12 years) and it always seemed the men had a harder time talking about their feelings. Anyway lots of prayers to you and your family

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your father's illness and your grandfather's. I pray that everything goes well for your dad. Sorry your grandfather is having a bad time of it. I hope for the best for both of them.

Mom and Dad got home from the Mayo Clinic last night - they had to repeat a bunch of stuff (the local hospital sent the records of a WOMAN
default_new_shocked.gif
) so they couldn't go by THAT obviously. I'm a little frustrated with their incompetence as of late. They are headed back to the Mayo on Monday for more appointments and tests. It sounds right now as though there will be many weeks of radiation and chemotherapry ahead before surgery.

Adam,

My thoughts will be with your and your family through all of this. It sounds like your dad is in excellent hands and fortunate to be away from the local hospital!

Just from what you've said, it's obvious that your parents are wonderful, loving folk, and I'm so glad that you all have one another during a very difficult time.

Take care,

susanne

Adam I have missed you! Certainly you and your family are in my prayers..... also my SHirley girl..... Keep us posted.

Lyn

Prayers for your dad, grandpa and entire family during this difficult time. The Mayo Clinic is the best place to be.

My dad battled colon cancer in 1991 and won. Grandma had colon cancer at age 91 and lived to be 105 years old and died this year of old age. My point is.....there has been great advancement in colon cancer research/tretments and it can be beat.

Good luck and my thoughts/prayers to your family.

Sorry that your father and grandfather are going through this, Adam. Sending prayers your way...
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back