A quick update.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alongman

Reaction score
I know that I have been mighty scarce the past month or so. It wasn't intentional, just a lot going on.

First, my partner and I moved officially back to the farm. The new location is closer to the horses, closer to my family and my job. Also, since both Jason, my mom and I are working with the horses now, we are taking on just one or two more for next year to keep us all busy (like that's ever a problem). We are still in the process of finding our own place within a few miles of the farm so for now are living with my parents. It's been quite interesting - lack of privacy and having to live in a pretty cramped "personal space" (my bedroom). But, it's working out well and I couldn't ever thank them more for allowing us to live here for a while.

Second, and this is where the prayers start being needed, my dad found out last week that he has colon cancer. His doctors have given him a 50% chance of survival - he's a pretty strong guy, but I can see that he's VERY worried which is unlike him. He is going into surgery as I write this update. I know that he has been doctoring quite a bit the past two years, but supposedly wasn't anything serious (or so I was told). Last week was his first colonoscopy and they found a section that's definitely cancerous. Today's surgery is remove part of his colon and look for other areas that it may have spread. Please say a little prayer that they get it all.

Finally, my grandfather (dad's dad) found out he had cancer this past year - it has spread to almost everywhere including bones. He is in a great deal of pain from what I am told and he isn't planning on seeing much of next year. He has finalized his estate and taken care of a lot of personal matters. He and I haven't been close lately, but it's still a little scary when death is this close to home. Please send a prayer his way as well - I know he will pass from this horrible disease, but please make it as painless as possible.

Thanks for listening.....I'll be back in full force soon.

Adam, I wondered where you have been.. Sound slike you guys have been busy!!

I am so sorry to hear about your father. I will send prayers that he gets thru the surgery and they get all the cancer.

Sorry your grandfathers not doing well, ..it sounds like he is ready to go I pray he has a painless passing.

Missy

OH Adam, I am so sorry to hear all of this happening to your family at the same time. It has got to be hard for you. Spending quality time with your grandfather will be good for both of you now. Have him tell you stores of when he was young, I found with my grandmother, that it helped her think of good times rather than the pain. As for your dad, where this is life, there is hope, we will say extra prayers for you, your dad, grandfather and family. Take care of yourself.

Karen

Adam....you know I am thinking of you and your family at this time and hoping your dad comes thru the surgery OK and has good news afterwards! Hoping also that your grandfather finds the peace he deserves from the pain he lives with today and passes over in his sleep. You have been on my mind a lot lately and I know we try to stay in contact, but with so many things going on its been difficult. ((((Hugs))))

Adam, I am sorry you and your family are going through this. Of course you all will be in my prayers.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad and Grandfather. Even though you haven't been close with your grandfather it is still a painful time for you and I understand that. I hope they will be able to bring your Dad back to full health and give you many more years with him.

Marie

Adam-

So sorry about your dad and granddad.

I work with a man who had colon cancer - following surgery and chemo, he is now 6 years clean. Tell your dad to stay strong and not to give up.

Prayers for you and yours.

Barbie

Adam, you and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. Remember pray is extremely powerful. I know that you dad will come through surgery just fine. I also ask GOD to help your grandfather make a peaceful journey home.

Peace be with you and prayers to guide the surgeons hands with utmost care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our prayers are with you and your family. This is the time of miracles, so we will pray for one for you.

It was such a pleasure to meet you at nationals, and I hope to see you next year also.

Adam,

So sorry to hear about your dad and grand-dad -- they will be in my thoughts.

Also hoping that you and Jason (hope I got his name right) are able to find your own place close by soon.

Thinking of you, in your time of need
default_pray.gif

I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

Back