A quick question... regarding my mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question,

regarding a mare that could POSSIBLY be pregnant...

can mares get milk veins... or veins under the tummy if they aren't pregnant?

if my mare is pregnant she would be coming up to 300 days at the end of this month... I am guessing... I got her March last year...

I tested her with the wee foal test back in November and it had a faint negative line, so I put her on a diet thinking she was just fat and she hasn't lost the tummy, it has gotten bigger...

she is a bigger mare at 35-36" she isn't showing much from behind... hardly anything and her tummy isn't massive but it is quite low.

my main question is would the veins under her tummy be milk veins or could this be from something else?

would love some advice regarding this.

Thanks you.

Cassie

will add pic of her later tonight... I would love some advice please?!

Last edited by a moderator:
She very well could be pregnant.If so, she should be starting a bag unless she is a maiden, it might not start as early.Also, try feeling for foal movement.Right after you put feed in front of her,place your hand on the lowest part of her belly,and concentrate on a little "kick" or "roll".

Not to confuse you more, but I bought a mare a few years ago that was "bred", she had a full bag, huge tummy....and NEVER was even pregnant! She literally had milk, too. I was perplexed to say the least. She was bred the following Spring and foaled the next year. And her size was the same hugeness as the previous year
default_wacko.png

Thanks heaps Karin,
default_saludando.gif

she has had 2/3 foals previously...

I was rubbing my hands over her yesterday (this was what made me suspicious again since the test came back negative...) and I could feel a slight fluttering... felt more then just tummy movements... but I will have a good feel of her tonight.

WOW your mare must have driven you crazy LOL it would have if it was me LOL hope it doesn't happen with my mare
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for you advice
default_laugh.png

You're welcome, Cassie.

Yes, minis have a way of driving us crazy at times
default_yes.gif
But I guess that is why we love them so much!!

Good luck with your girl
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
oh cassie i remember it took you a long time to get the wee,,LOL but can you try and get some more

and try again..oh i hope she is
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah old photos and new photos would be good
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back