Do only pregnant mares get this?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I did notice the spot but had to ask, that was a big change, lol. It can be quiet, lately the foaling experts have been busy or something, hopefully they will be back soon 🤷‍♀️. Maidens can foal without a bag or with a very small one but it's not the norm as far as I know. It's nice when they follow the book or at least give you an idea of what's going on but as far as I can tell you're basically winging it, of course looking back after they foal it's easy to say it was obvious when she was ready, why did I spend so much time waking up to check the camera? I've found it's easier to go by feel than pictures until they start showing a little udder development. Wish I had a crystal ball and could tell you when she's going to foal but I'd still go by udder and elongation changes for an idea. I can't tell if she has more in that last picture, maybe a bit?

Last edited:
Sometimes threads that I would be really interested in just seem to evade me. And then a week later I suddenly realise there’s sn update or thread that I missed. I don’t know if there are algorithms or what! I have no knowledge to share with you but I’m so grateful there are people like Taz who generously step up to help! ❤️

Any changes?
Hi Taz, actually today while checking her basically non existent udder i caught this and you might be able to see it made her flinch, I slowed it down. Does it look like fetal movement and isn’t it so far back?

Attachments

• IMG_9137.MOV
    7.7 MB
I caught this about 10 days ago also slowed down, maybe in foal after all?!
I can't get either of them to work, I don't think it's you, I have a new chromebook and I'm having problems with everything I download. If you see an outward movement it very well could be a baby, flinching is a good sign too :) 🤞

I was able to get them up. To me it just looks like belly twitches. Hard to be sure with a really short video. But foal movement usually looks more like something “punching” from the inside.
Even the first one from today, right side udder area

I got this one, the second said it was private. I can't tell you what that was, muscle spasm, baby.....? She didn't like whatever it was but it did look a little too far back to me. When I've seen foal movement it was like the movie alien when it was trying to get out. I'm not nearly as experienced as Elizabeth. What day is she at now if she is in foal? Do you have any luck feeling anything when you hug her belly whike she's eating grain or right after you get her to go for a bit of a trot around? Again you want to feel a 'punch' if possible for a definite yes. Crazy making 😁

Is this a slight change maybe and what are those tiny white dots all over her udders & teats? One side “appears” to be fuller?!A780C74B-344C-4D62-A90C-939BE1DA7E66.jpegA780C74B-344C-4D62-A90C-939BE1DA7E66.jpegCA8245B5-2694-442F-BE32-E332BB30AAC3.png

Last edited:
The one side looks like it's thicker to me. I would guess the white dots are dirt/mud, I've seen that in my pictures before.

Latest posts

Back