A past due Hi! & what you can do to help the breed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitestar

Reaction score
First I want to say a past due hi to all my friends, I have been getting lots of pms from my old forum buddies when I do post everyonce in a while & I want to let everyone know that although I dont have any more minis ( horses that is..I am now raising mini aussie pups) I am still reading posts here on a daily basis. Life has been good to me after I sold the farm, I am working for a vet & ( & think that this is my dream job) , traveling as much as I can & enjoying the time with my family & life in general.

One thing I want to mention is in the importance of each & every one of you in the breed. If you are not a member of a local club, join! It is usually a very small yearly membership fee & you can do so much for the club & the breed by attending seminars, shows & just meetings & learning from other members. They are the best resource for your questions. Dont just be a silent member, offer to help out & offer your home or farm for seminars & meetings! Even the old timers can learn something new from each other, even the newbies, as we all have something to contribute & every situation in life should be considered a learning experience. If you dont have a local club, consider starting one. You dont even have to be a sanctioned club by AMHA or AMHR ( which has rules, fees etc) you can start a mini club to have meetings & seminars to share your experiences with the minis ( sorta like the forum) & have a network of friends to help our & lean on at times. It is so much more fun to have people to share your love of the horses with, as most of you know, family is sometimes a little to close to action & finances to really understand the emotion that we feel for these horses. I remember crying on my best friends shoulder & having a shoulder to offer when she needed one that could really understand my feelings when I lost a foal, or something bad happened. She was also a great resource that I could go to when I was stumped. I am also proud to say that my farm turned out to be a great educational experience for my vet, who started off treating minis the same as large size horses & turned out to be an outstanding expert in minis, expecially in foaling after working with my farm. Too many vet dismiss miniatures as cheap little ponys & in my opinion, should treat every animal as a million dollar animal as long as the owner is willing to pay the bill. It is up to the owner to make their vet realize this, & to have the funds to back it up.

So remember, everyone out there, you are very important to the breed, no question is a wrong question, and what works for one person may not work for everyone, but you can be a great steward of the breed which is what everyone should strive for.

Debbie

( White Star Minis)

Debbie....
laugh.gif
So wonderful to see your posts! I've learned so much from you through the years, I'm so happy to see you still offering your vast wealth of helpful advice. WELCOME BACK...each and every time.
wub.gif

I remember you
saludando.gif
......... Glad to hear your okay. I was just thinking the other day about some of the older members. Hope you can pop in more often
yes.gif

Hi Debbie! I'm always glad to see you post! I was sad when you sold all the horses. I hope you start posting more. You always had good info to share and I hope you share more in the future. I'm so glad you're happy in your "new" life!

{{{Hugs}}}

Robin

Debbie..so GLAD to hear from you!!
aktion033.gif

I think of you and wonder what you are doing..now I know!! Your information and help are invaluable...hope to see your posts more often
yes.gif

Hi Debbie,

I was just thinking about you recently and saw one of your posts the other day.

I am so happy for you to have your dream job now! :)

I feel the same way about raising my minis :)

It is great to have you back on here and thanks for your good tips!

Susan O.

Nice hearing from you Debbie and glad to hear you are still reading the Forum.

Sounds like your life is full and you are doing well. I don't know if you will remember me or not but I just wanted to say hello this rainy day in CT.

Joyce

Little Folks Farm.

Debbie - Welcome back!!!!

I have to share with you that years ago, you posted information on how to deal with a foaling situation when the foal is hiplocked. After reading the post, I thought - interesting.

Then it was only a few weeks after reading your post, that we had a severe hiplock situation . I remembered your post and followed your instructions and they worked perfectly -I was amazed and so very thankful as we saved both the mare and the colt - and since that time, we have used your advice at least once or twice each foaling season.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for taking the time over the years to share your advice, it saved the lives of many of our horses.
yes.gif

Please don't be a stranger
saludando.gif
saludando.gif

HI Debbie! It's wonderful to see your post and I'm so glad that your doing well!

I also have been thinking abt all the old forum members lately as well as missing them! It's so different without all of ya'll!

I have a 2 yr old filly out of one of your mares now. She's homozygous & the sweetest thing. I believe her dams name is White Star's Diamond Solitare.

Great post as usual, Debbie. You know, you really should consider writing a Miniature Horse book with all the good info from experience you have! I'd sure buy it in a New York Minute! ;)

Debi

I'd love to say Hi too! From another Aussie breeder (only got 1 mini tho). I'm also one of those newbies to the forum so I'll enjoy your posts whenever I see one. Howdie!! from Ontario, Canada!!

Hey Deb--I seem to remember a hot red sports car.....(I'm pretty sure that was you
biggrin.gif
)

Love to read your posts--and I took a lot of things to heart you said about minis and family.

It is always so good to hear from you Debbie. I am glad that you are doing well and would welcome you back into the business any time! Tell Stuart hello for me too.

Hello Debbie - I saw that WhiteStar and wondered if that was you!

So glad to hear your keeping busy with minis - even if they aren't horses! (We just bought our first Mini Aussie last month - great dogs!)

As everyone mentioned thank you for all the wonderful information you've shared in the past - it is generous of you and definitely helpful!

Hi, Debbie,

I am always glad to see your nickname, here, and I remember you very well. I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and are happy. You certainly deserve every bit of it. I know you worked so hard when you had minis, you are just that kind of person to be so devoted, and that is just why I think you should be happy.

Please know that I think of you often and wish you the best! I really enjoy your advice, too.

Liz M.

Hi Debbie,

I was so glad to see your post and to read that you are doing so well. Hang around, ok??

Latest posts

Back