A LiVE ONE - FILLY * New Updated Photos on Page 4.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_wub.png
:wub Congratulations Joanne!!!!! What a cutie!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Yeah Joanne !!!!! Congratulations, She is a cutie. Is it chilly there??? I see she has a blanket on.

Thank you all for your support and comments! Yes, you are right that this is the best medicine after last week.

The foal is just over 300 days old (LBD 9/27). She was 301 days last night and with the finest silky coat and not a lot of extra mass, we did dress her up in a burgandy flannel lined jacket. She is shivering without it and we do have a heated barn if needed. Temps are in the 60's here.

I know it is in the 100's elsewhere in the U.S., but we are right on the coast.
default_smile.png

Once dry she became a bay pinto (makes sense as both sire and dam are bays). She appears to be a frame sabino pattern. With two blue eyes.

We hope to get photos either Friday or Saturday and I will post them at that time.

Thanks again to all of you for your kind thoughts and wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
How I dearly miss Fort Bragg and the weather there!

Congrats on your filly!
default_laugh.png

I know you were wondering why it was taking so long to get you photos. She is a premie and we have not wanted to put her outside when it is cool. We are located on the Pacific Coast and have had a lot of fog during the day recently.

So here she is at last! Pacific Sapphire Rose. We think she will test as a Bay frame sabino like her sire Magic Man's Color Prints.

RtSideNewbornWeb.jpg
LeftSide.jpg
Head.jpg

default_new_shocked.gif
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
WOW-these pics are fantastic!!!! You sure can't tell on cam how gorgeous she really is!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Congratulations again!!!

She is really starting to put on some weight everyday now. Gaining about a pound a day! For a preemie I am very impressed with that. Our vet was here today to draw a coggins and could not believe that a 301 day foal survived!

I find it so interesting that equine vets are just programed that before 320 days equals a dead foal. I am not saying it is easy and you need to be right there when they foal, but our earliest was 383 days and he was cooked enough to do what he needed to survive!

Congratulations Joanne! I'm so happy for you all. She is adorable...my husband and I were just admiring her antics on the camera.
default_wub.png
I'm glad to hear she is gaining weight so quickly; she certainly seems to have a lot of energy!
default_laugh.png

default_aktion033.gif
Congratulations! She is an absolute cutie! I LOVE her markings and blue eyes. You know, if you ever get tired of her, you can just send her right on over to my house! LOL!!
default_yes.gif

She is approaching 30 pounds now is gaining and growing at an appropriate rate.

She sure loves racing around her stall and her outside pen!

Here are some updated photos.

RtSideWeb-2.jpg
LeftSideWeb.jpg

RtHeadWeb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back