A few questions for AMHR shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alisha514

Reaction score
Ok. I will be going to my first rated AMHR show in May. My stallion that I show is actually in my moms name. Am I able to show him or does she have to do something to make it ok for me to show him? I can actually transfer him into my name but dont think it will be done in time for the show. Also I have two neices that will be showing two of my mares. If I read it correctly all I have to do is have them fill out a junior membership and I sponser them and they get a youth card and they can show the mares? I want to make sure I have all the bases covered so when I get to the show they dont tell me that I cant or they cant show.

Alisha

Hi, Alisha --

As long as you are not a minor, you should be able to show the stallion in both open and ammy because family members can show each other's horses in ammy class.

I do not know the answer about the Youth question, but someone else will I'm sure.

Have fun and good luck,

Jill

In the past a youth can show someone else's horse and they do want them to get their youth card. I know that if they are planning on showing at AMHR Nationals that they have to show the horse at a show (could be more then one) prior to Nationals. Don't know all the details but have picked up this information at shows last year.
default_unsure.png

The answer is yes to both questions.

You may show the stallion in open and amateur classes (if you have an amateur card)

Your nieces may show the mares in youth or open classes. Just need a youth card which is free.

Ok. Thank you. Also does your AMHR membership number carry over yr after yr? I have to renew my membership still and I was going to do that and send in the junior memberships for my nieces at the same time but I need to put my membership number on it. I just want to make sure that the number is going to be the same as last yr.

Alisha

Ok. Thank you. Also does your AMHR membership number carry over yr after yr? I have to renew my membership still and I was going to do that and send in the junior memberships for my nieces at the same time but I need to put my membership number on it. I just want to make sure that the number is going to be the same as last yr.

Alisha
Yes, you will have the same number every year.

Latest posts

Back