A Day at the Library

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janet_D.

Reaction score
My little mare, Fee Fee (Stormy Rivers Femme Fatale-- a W & LD's Cherokee Flash daughter), was invited to be the "special guest" at the summer reading program for the kids at the Stanfield Public Library. The kids would take turns walking up to pet Fee Fee. Fee Fee is a gentle soul and didn't seem to mind. They asked a lot of questions about miniature horses.It looked liked the kids enjoyed themselves. Hopefully it was a learning experience for them too. Janet Day
DCP_2415.jpg

OH! that's fabulous! great to get kids to read over the summer, and looks like you all had fun! what a cute picture--a horse in a public building. now that's something you don't see every day! lol

nothing's better than kids and minis!

FeeFee is really cute by the way
default_blush.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I just noticed those shoes you put on her! PINK!!! how much cuter do they come....
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

I wrapped hot pink Vet Trap bandage around Fee Fee's feet to keep her from slipping on the floor. I learned that trick from when I took my little horses in the nursing homes.
default_wink.png
:

Aw, how fun!! I wish a horse came to my library when I was little!

I thought that was Vet Wrap...hehe. Well! Isn't she just adorable! I hope that once I get my mini that I can take him/her into nursing homes and libraries and such to see the patients. I remember when my cousin was in the Toledo Childen's Hospital because of his rare heart condition and he didn't get a lot of light in his day. Animals really are the key to the heart and I wish all of those kids in the hospital could've seen a mini while they were stuck inside a hospital room. You just inspired me. Thanks so much!!!

great pic! I hope you had as good a time as the kids seem to be having. I have one question tho, how do you keep them from pooping in a building? Ive heard of hospital visits before and the first thing to come to mind was....DR. enquiring minds want to know!

Fortunately, most of the time, they clean themselves out real good in the horse trailer. At one nursing home we used to visit, it was so close, I would walk there with my little mare. She did poop on the floor one time. The nurses said not to worry about it. They said there are far worse messes on those floors than a little horse poop!
default_rolleyes.gif
: Just in case, I do bring along a plastic bucket with a trowel, sani-wipes and a disposible latex glove.

Back