8ft. Gator as a pet

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_thumbup.gif
default_worshippy.gif

You guys are awesome
default_cheers.gif

This is a tough one but if you call you will betraying a trust. They told you this in confidence and trust.

This is the part that bothered me the most, betraying a trust.

In hindsight, I am wondering why they just didn't apply for a permit to keep him long time ago. They obviously thought of him as their child or loving pet.

You handled this perfectly Heidi. If there had been an accident, you would have never forgiven yourself for not coming forward and stepping up. I can see a perfect ending here.

Thanks everyone but its not a done deal yet. We were at their home this evening and there are 2 places that we found that can take him. Both Mike and Helen agree its for the best and they are more amazed that there are actual rescue organizations that do this sort of thing. No authorities have to be told as far a the "feds" as long as we are not transporting. Both places do all the transporting anyway. Mike really does not want to be home when they arrive so hopefully it will be after he goes into the hospital. I showed them this site and had them read all your comments and suggestions....they were so funny and couldnt believe that I would put this on a mini horse site. I told them that this is where we all come for our ???'s and answers LOL .I told them Bonnie( bfogg ) was an animal communicater.....she was so impressed. Now she wants to have a reading done w/Grits when he gets to his new home. Oh Lordy...what have I done. Thanks again all

heidi

I hope it all works out for them all. They sound like a wonderful couple...and you're the best for helping them out! This was no easy decision which ever way you turned.

Thanks everyone but its not a done deal yet. We were at their home this evening and there are 2 places that we found that can take him. Both Mike and Helen agree its for the best and they are more amazed that there are actual rescue organizations that do this sort of thing. No authorities have to be told as far a the "feds" as long as we are not transporting. Both places do all the transporting anyway. Mike really does not want to be home when they arrive so hopefully it will be after he goes into the hospital. I showed them this site and had them read all your comments and suggestions....they were so funny and couldnt believe that I would put this on a mini horse site. I told them that this is where we all come for our ???'s and answers LOL .I told them Bonnie( bfogg ) was an animal communicater.....she was so impressed. Now she wants to have a reading done w/Grits when he gets to his new home. Oh Lordy...what have I done. Thanks again allheidi
I hope everything works out and there's a happy ending for all involved. For this being a mini horse forum i've really enjoyed this thread, you, your husband, Helen and Mike sound like great people. If they do get Bonnie to do a reading and it's ok with them, would you share what Grits has to say?
default_smile.png

default_thumbup.gif
It definitely sounds like things are looking up. Thank goodness Mike and Helen realize that something needs to be done. As for Grits......I would imagine he's gonna have to make some serious adjustments to no longer being an only child. He's never had to fight for food and has never been around his own kind. If Bonnie does do a reading it's just possible she'll get an ear full.

This has been such an interesting topic - I can certainly understand their care and concern for Grits.

We have had a license for years to do wild animal rehabilitation - it has been fun, a great learning experience and some very heartbreaking endings.

Of course it never makes it any easier when you name them and they actually become a part of the family "until" their natural instincts take over.

I think it is wonderful that you are helping Grit's "parents" help to find him a new home - I'm sure in the long run they will be relieved and Grits will be happy to be with his own kind.

Thanks for sharing - this is just another great reason for being a member of Lil Beginnings!!
default_wub.png

Back