75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the legal system sometimes.

We are talking again about filing papers and more red tape and rumors back and forth while the horses are hungry and need a vet and shelter.

Are hands are tied yet again.

I feel so helpless.

We need an window of opportunity.

I just don't know when one will ever open for these little guys.

There must be a way..........

Thank you, Ginny, for the update! Thank you Lonnie and the reporter!

I hope that MaryKansas has contacted you or other CMHR officers, as she had reported earlier that she is going there tomorrow.

May I ask why Mary from HSUS or another rep did not attend the meeting today? I was so very hopeful about that.

Holy cow people!

Run this search on Google! Absolutely amazing! :aktion033:

Kansas starving miniature horses

Marty, I am starting to think that the "convoy" thing....

Time to seriously think of buying a plane ticket and asking for some time off from work.

Ginny, was there any word from anyone there today that the minis have been fed and watered or has Mr. T. still not done anything at this point or the sheriff himself? I truly feel we need someone there, some volunteers, etc. to take date stamped videos and pictures. Also, what is the weather like in Kansas at this time. You say they are moving them to another location, some of them. Is there still decent pasture for them to eat or are we just being appeased... why is he not feeding hay? I know the answer to that one, he doesn't have the money to FEED THEM TO START WITH!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
With news cameras out there today I expect it's a pretty safe bet that they at least had water.

The temperature in this area has been higher than normal (upper 80s). A cool front set in yesterday. Later this week they're calling for lows in the 40s. I'm about 200 miles from there.

Marty, I am starting to think that the "convoy" thing....

Right, but that would have been illegal
default_whistling.gif
: but it would have solved the whole problem too.

Dani, they are not going to feed these horses.

If they do, it won't last.

I don't know anything else exept this whole thing is a crime and they are getting away with it because they know they can.

sre...you forgot the banjo music playing in the background! LOL

Its time for the news again here in Kansas City....still nothing mentioned about the horses, not even the little teaser lines they do before going to commercial. I'm trying to find other stations and newspapers online, but so far, havent found any updated articles.

Has anyone heard anything on the Pittsburgh Kansas stations??

Here's a desperate idea;

I don't have any better ideas

Does anyone?

*County Commissioners number: 620-223-3800. They meet on Mondays and Fridays.

Susan O. posted that she did talk with him, but was not able to get him to agree to give up horses at this time.

This is hard for me to say because I hurt for those minis but I sure hope no one donates feed to this man. It's a quick fix for him and I'm so afraid that as soon as all this dies down things will go back to just the way they are now. Why wouldn't they?

Sre - I spoke with Kathy Grissum yesterday. She assured me she is on board. Last I heard she was going to call Ginny with some ideas.

Gotta agree with and share your concerns about going out there alone. Told someone today I'm not real crazy about the idea of getting this old butt thrown in Sheriff Colemans jail.

Lastly, and this is of some concern to me. Is the focus shifting from having the horses seized to the laying of charges?

The way I see it, yes and no. Vicki is acting as our legal advisor and we of course CHMR has been trying to go "by the book" and not do anything wrong, and take the proper legal steps which in the long run, would have hopefully gotten us a seizure.

On a personal note, I just wanted the horses out of there legal or otherwise

Susan O. posted that she did talk with him, but was not able to get him to agree to give up horses at this time.

This is hard for me to say because I hurt for those minis but I sure hope no one donates feed to this man. It's a quick fix for him and I'm so afraid that as soon as all this dies down things will go back to just the way they are now. Why wouldn't they?
I can't justify why we should not want these poor horses fed and watered when all I can think of is how pathetic they are, so hungry and thirsty. So abandoned. If I could I would be feeding them and watering them- Trembly be d----d. I believe the legal system will eventually win out. But what good is the win if the horses are dead?

A little food and water is not going to pull the old coot's n-ts out of the fire. With Ronni's help letting us know what is going on, we will continue to heap the coals on his head.

I am praying that the good folks of Uniontown will take it upon themselves to take care of the minis. As far as I know the only villians in Uniontown are Trembly and the sheriff.

Be honest- could you be around them and not try to give them something to eat or something to drink.

Just go without a drink for as long as you can and then start thinking about wanting that drink of water, it will drive you insane.

I plan to go there on Thursday- just to take a look see. If I see empty water buckets, you can be sure I will put water in them. Now look into your heart and tell me you would not do the same.

Faye

I'm with Marty, I want them out of there one way or another. Right now however (and I hate Howevers) we have to at least try the legal system, unless you want to bail the whole of CMHR out of jail. We can't do much from in there. Other rescues are helping us, I just can't say who yet.

There will be a presence tomorrow at the farm from the other rescue and from CMHR. I may need someone to check on the farm on Thursday but I hope to be there myself on Friday. It depends on whether or not the other rescue succeeds. If we wind up filing the Action against the Sheriff and Mr T and if it's successful, they will have to tell us where the minis are that may have been moved. We don't know yet if any were moved. Like I said I sur hope not cause if they are put on a green feild of grass, it will kill them.

Sheriff...Mr Trembly did you read that???. Green grass will KILL the minis, it wil make them founder. They need to be dry lotted with specialized feeding in order for them to recover from STARVATION and I'm sure an over load of worms!

As for HSUS, they talked to the Sheriff before going to the DAs and were assured everything was under control and would be taken care of by Thursday. So they did not accompany Ronni and the reporter.

'm exhausted so I'm going to bed. Wish the KS Minis could be as well fed and comfortable as I am. Winter is coming!

Ginny

In response to sre-showtime. I called Victor McMullen today. He was talking on the other

line to someone about the horses so we didn't talk long, however, I do know that he hasn't

given up and is working with others to help the horses. He said the Humane Society of the

US filed a complaint, but as I said we were unable to talk so I got no further details. I haven't

been able to keep up with the recent posts so I wasn't aware whether or not this is something

that has been discussed.

Also, I recall in the beginning posts there was someone who said they lived down the road

from where the horses are pastured. Is this person able to keep everyone updated on

what is going on since they would only have to drive down the road?

Janet

Ginni/Ginny/Sharon whoever is on and in the know:

http://www.userl.org/

A friend just contacted me with their site. Said thought they had offices all over...there is a neglect form you can fill out..I figured it best to come from one of you and not me but I will fill it out if you want me to.. :aktion033:

Has anyone talked to the DA? I was told this was the person the sheriff had to answer to.

In my county we had a severe abuse case and it had to go to the DA because the sheriff would do nothing. So I was told that the DA is the person to politely contact and ask about progress.

I was also told that the US Human Society was on the case. I was told they would not give up.

to the question about if someone contacted

Eric Thompson- certified equine inspector
. Yes on the weekend I sent him an email, never even received an acknowledgement email back. I am working on my "open letter to Sheriff Coleman" which I will be sending to every newspaper I can think of around and in Kansas. I want residents in kansas and surounding states to think long and hard when they elect officials, I want the Governor of Kansas to explain to the people of Kansas why laws are made and it seems some county Sheriff feels he is above that law.. I thought "justice for all" meant just that, justice for all under the law and the law states very clearly in the state of Kansas that this IS animal cruelty and is punishable by law. I certainly wouldn't want to live in a county where the sheriff decides which law he is going to apply, just because he can. Someone has to be above the Sheriff and that someone (if it's the DA) has to have someone he or she answers to, follow the ladder and go to the top if need be.

I can't justify why we should not want these poor horses fed and watered when all I can think of is how pathetic they are, so hungry and thirsty. So abandoned. If I could I would be feeding them and watering them- Trembly be d----d. I believe the legal system will eventually win out. But what good is the win if the horses are dead?

A little food and water is not going to pull the old coot's n-ts out of the fire. With Ronni's help letting us know what is going on, we will continue to heap the coals on his head.

I am praying that the good folks of Uniontown will take it upon themselves to take care of the minis. As far as I know the only villians in Uniontown are Trembly and the sheriff.

Be honest- could you be around them and not try to give them something to eat or something to drink.

Just go without a drink for as long as you can and then start thinking about wanting that drink of water, it will drive you insane.

I plan to go there on Thursday- just to take a look see. If I see empty water buckets, you can be sure I will put water in them. Now look into your heart and tell me you would not do the same.

Faye
Yes I have to say I would do nothing.....the reason is I watched horses end up dying because people did just that fed and watered when the wheels of justice were rusted and not moving. The act of feeding them cost alot of people months of work to try and get a seizure. In the ensuing months more horses died than would have if it had been left as it was.

I have also been party to a seizure where only one horse was removed after 6 months and we ended up paying 1500 to buy the other one as the courts would not force the release. Several years later the originally seized one was humanely euthanized as his feet were completely ruined and no amount of special shoeing, diets etc could ever repair the damage. The other is happily living with a herd and fat and sassy.

Years ago I played the part of the eyes and drove by a starving horse ....a skeleton covered with some hair tied to a tree.....multiple times a day with a camera until the guy tried to shoot me....yes I had a shotgun pointed at me while in my car on the shoulder of a public road. We spent 4 months no internet back then going in circles....then one day the horse disappeared.......

Lets see it took six months to get a herd of mares seized meanwhile they were dying many foals drown in the pond on the property that had become a mudhole. 1 of the mares I still am in contact with her owners.

Another case took 8 months then a year later most of the horses were returned to the owner (due to very minor mistakes on the part of the rescuers) only to be seized again a couple years later.

So although it seems this is moving too slowly it actually is moving. And the only way to prevent it happening again is to follow the laws of the state/county.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back