75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am not surprised he is moving them or trying to- I am not surprised there are those out there who are defending him and helping him seeing him as some poor old victim in this is America after all where the abusers always have more rights then the victims

very disheartning to say the least I hope someone is close and can keep an eye on them or even that they are going somewhere where they will get help we can keep hoping anyway

Jessica 06 - I have contacted Animal Planet, Animal Cops, Detroit, San Francisco, Miami, Houston and Animal Precinct New York. Just go to their website and connect to each and email., along with everyone else emailing anywhere and everywhere I can.

Connie Parr

CLP Miniatures

Michigan

:aktion033: Good Job! Connie. We maybe should have done that sooner. But all is not over yet.

Here is the address to the place for anyone reading and not responding to their actions to help:
default_wink.png
:

TAKE 54 WEST OUT OF FORT SCOTT KANSAS 15-16 MILES. GO 1 MILE SOUTH ON 85TH STREET. YOU WILL REACH MAPLE ROAD. GO LEFT BACK WEST FOR 1 MILE TO 85TH. TAKE THIS SOUTH FOR 1 MILE TAKE THE CURVE LEFT AND THIS IS LIMESTONE. FARM IS STRAIGHT AHEAD ABOUT .5 MILE ON THE LEFT. YOU CANT MISS IT.

default_wub.png
: ~In this case it is better to ask forgiveness then permission...time is of the essence~

I was afraid when I had heard he may posssibly own several pieces of land, that he may move them, hide them from "prying eyes"................ :no: :no: Hope this isn't true!!!!

Marty.....I've just got to ask. How do you know - why do you believe - he is moving the horses??? What has happened to make you and Virginia think this will happen?

Because WE KNOW THIS AS FACT

Someone please keep calling the all the media you can to get out there and film.

That is the only thing that is holding them up.

Here is the address to the place for anyone reading and not responding to their actions to help:

TAKE 54 WEST OUT OF FORT SCOTT KANSAS 15-16 MILES. GO 1 MILE SOUTH ON 85TH STREET. YOU WILL REACH MAPLE ROAD. GO LEFT BACK WEST FOR 1 MILE TO 85TH. TAKE THIS SOUTH FOR 1 MILE TAKE THE CURVE LEFT AND THIS IS LIMESTONE. FARM IS STRAIGHT AHEAD ABOUT .5 MILE ON THE LEFT. YOU CANT MISS IT.

~In this case it is better to ask forgiveness then permission...time is of the essence~

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Trembly and Mr. Sheriff - If you are reading this I am BEGGING (not too proud to beg) you to PLEASE, PLEASE (ON HANDS AND KNEES) evaluate your herd of miniatures and admit to yourself that you are in over your head and do what is right by these animals. They will love you and appreciate you for it. You obviously have too many horses to be cared for by you and they are suffering the consequences. You should do what is best FOR THEM- IF YOU TRULY LOVED THESE ANIMALS YOU WOULD SIT DOWN AND THINK ABOUT IT. YOU ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE THIS MANY PEOPLE WILLING TO HELP YOU. TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO BE-FRIEND US AND LET US HELP YOU AND THE HORSES. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoenstly, I don't even see how saying that some of them are old would make it all right. My hubby and I rescued a 30 year old toothless mare that had been left ina field to starve. Yes there was plenty of grass, but she couldn't eat it. With the proper care and nutrition she came back from skin and bones and was even able to be ridden. So saying that they are old is no excuse. If they are so old that they can no longer keep weight on, then they should have been put down not allowed to suffer. There is no excuse that make what is happening okay.

Fox 4 news was trying to get a news helicopter out there today, hopefully, this will be enough to deter them from moving the horses at least until something can be done to stop the move.

I am emailing all TV, Radio, etc. I have already had some bounce back that their mailboxes are full. I would say that was great, if it were not for the fact that they are being moved, and the media are probably just ignoring emails now. I will continue though. Candy

Oh, MaryKansas, that is great news. Thanks for the update

Candy~down on my knees praying

Well I am not surprised he is moving them or trying to- I am not surprised there are those out there who are defending him and helping him seeing him as some poor old victim in this is America after all where the abusers always have more rights then the victims

very disheartning to say the least I hope someone is close and can keep an eye on them or even that they are going somewhere where they will get help we can keep hoping anyway
I so agree with you Lisa. I also was afraid that this would happen if we gave them time and if we put on the pressure. Unfortunately, there is not a right answer on how to work this one.

As far as going somewhere to get help.... :no: When help is nocking on the door and all that had to be done was to say ok I'll accept that help, yet to have the help turned away...... :no: well, my fears are that they are not going to get it. :no:

I was afraid when I had heard he may posssibly own several pieces of land, that he may move them, hide them from "prying eyes"................ :no: :no: Hope this isn't true!!!!
Yes, having several peices of land in different states could be an issue.

But..... if he has to cross state lines with those horses, he could very well be breaking some big laws. The trick would be to find where those horses are going. After all, according to the sherif, no health certificates going to be issued.

Question for anyone in the know reguarding KS laws.... Are there brand inspection laws? If so, how do they apply to horses and will that also be an issue if the horses are being moved? I know in Idaho we have some laws concerning brand inspections, and they apply to all livestock EVEN if they are NOT branded.
default_wink.png
:

ADDED: Just found a link to Kansas Animal Health Department... They do NOT require manditory brand inspections. Sigh. But.... What about where the horses are being taken? If only we knew more.

I just e-mailed the Fox4 reporters office who contacted me for photographs prior to the newscast.

"Tanya.......late breaking news. It has come to our attention that the horses are being taken from the farm in Uniontown. We do not know where they are being moved to. We do not know whether Mr. Trembly is removing them from public view, or or if another rescue was successful in rescuing them.

Is there any way additional coverage or an update can be done????

Thank you very much"

Maybe we can find out something this way. Fingers crossed!!!

But..... if he has to cross state lines with those horses, he could very well be breaking some big laws. The trick would be to find where those horses are going. After all, according to the sherif, no health certificates going to be issued.
Excellent point!!!!! There's also a very good possibility that moving them within the state without Coggins papers could be illegal. I know it would be in a good number of states.

If I thought jumping in my vehicle right now would help I would do it - but I am 6-7 hours away. PLEASE if someone is closer, PLEASE GO THERE!!! AND LET US KNOW!! Or let Marty know, or Ginny, or whomever.

We're not dropping this just because they are getting moved!! BUT we are losing precious time for these minis if we have to start all over again and find them. Not to mention many of those are not going to survive a trip!!!

A little research into past issues of MHW has shown that Mr. T has been a longtime member of RMMHC, and was included in their 'Club' ad in the MHW as recently as the Apr/May '06 issue of MHW. (I can't check any more recent issues, as I stopped taking the magazine at the end of '05-pretty much stopped breed showing, am not particularly interested in paying for page after page of slick ads, etc..)

He also apparently got divorced and moved to the Uniontown area between the end of '94 and the end of '95.(I just checked the Dec. issue of each year starting in '86.) Prior ads mentioned 'stallions, geldings, and foals' for sale....

How MISERABLY upsetting it is to find that 'officialdom' either does not care, does not WANT to hear about it, passes the buck, or flatly refuses to do the job for which taxpayers are paying...of course, it happens a LOT, but where the lives of those who CANNOT SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES, and are TOTALLY at the mercy of their 'supposed' caretaker, are at stake??? To stonewall, to lie, to refuse to act,and very possibly to be 'aiding' the wrongdoer--that is BEYOND sinful!!

(Thanks for the answer about my question about where to go ahead and mail another donation, Ginny--I have to go down to 'town' today anyway(to buy some more $10+/bale grass hay bales-that weigh around 45 lbs. each, MAYBE!)-so I can take it by the PO.)

I continue to deeply admire such wonderful efforts on the part of SO many!

Margo

banging head against wall

[SIZE=12pt]Is there a way there can be a "closed to comments" thread where only CHMR people can post updates of WHAT is going on / the current situation? I want to know, but it's over 100 pages now which is probably 30 or more since I last read. I would love it if there was a place to read the status, vs. what everyone thinks of it (without any offense to anyone -- I have not read the posts in the past 5 or so days).[/SIZE]

(Please?)

Can someone do that google Earth thingy to see his property? I hear you can see things with great detail with that.
The google Earth thingy does show up good if you have a big monitor (which I don't) but it's not in real time. By that I mean you couldn't see what was there today.

I thought there was supposed to be health papers and a negative coggins on any horse leaving his home property? I can't find the statute though, but I know that is what my vet told me before. Could that be used to keep him from moving them, at least until a vet has seen them and drawn a coggins?

Google Earth - tried that. Not enough resolution, and I couldn't find the "live" feed I've heard rumors of...

Re: an update, or condensed version of the events, that's a great idea, but I think the CMHR folks might be on the scene now, since there are rumors/sightings of the horses being moved as we type. So Ginny and Gini may not be available for a bit, and they are the ones, as far as I know, who have the most factual info.

I've read here that Fox 4 is trying to send a helicopter this afternoon to see what's going on.

Keep those fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back