75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Mary. That one worked!

Danielle, Jenny told me this morning when I spoke to her that Yolanda Grey is the private practice vet who was called on earlier. She is not connected with the State Vets office.

They did show some pictures of the emaciated horses (one of CMHRs) there was also a live shot of a very pregnant mare.

SilverDollar - check on pages 64 and 67 for the latest pictures.

Edited to delete an unkind comment. Unfortunately I let my mouth overrun my head.
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Didnt the sheriff say that the the Vet Hosp(?) had already been contacted and thats when the worming program started?

Now, Trembly himself said the vet will see them on Tuesday? hmmmmmmmm..........?

I have been trying to keep up with this today and after watching the 'coverage' on channel 4 I am thinking we should keep up trying to get something NATIONAL...and I have been trying...nothing yet... :no:

Okay, I just watched the report and my blood is absolutely boiling now. Susan, I know you posted before how this owner is in your eyes but the only thing I saw WAS A LIAR. I do not see a caring old man, I see one trying to save face and having criminal charges of abuse brought agaisn't him. How convenient there was water in that trough. THIS MAKES ME SICK! and ANGRIER THAN HECK!!!! How can you defend an individual like that!!!! Where is the hay these horses need. If he TRULY cared about these animals well-being this NEVERwould have gone this far in the first place and he would be doing everything to ensure they got the IMMEDIATE care they need and deserve. This did not happen overnight, that's for sure. I am sorry if I am coming down hard on you on this but I don't buy the argument anymore about this old man. I am not much impressed by this vet either. Amazing how some humans can just twist and turn in the wind trying to cover their butts. Thank you Ronni for coming to the forefront for these helpless minis, a BIG hug to you for doing this. You are an amazing woman!!!!

How terribly disappointing. Hoped and prayed for media attention and they are listening to

Trembly and the sheriff instead of hearing/knowing the truth. I can only hope that someone else who can do something will see this broadcast. And the vet only has concerns? What is up with this? Small town and everybody is afraid to speak up?

I am so frustrated, angry and upset as I know you are too. What do we do now??? Any ideas...anyone???

Ginny, Marty....any new updates?

AAARRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ugh:

HENNEKE SCALE! Does this vet even know what it is? How many cases of neglect has she seen?

Back on the warpath!!! I have not yet begun to fight!!!!!

("Crude Ol' Boy"? Gimme a break!)

Trembly is worried about how he is going to pay for the vet bills...but he is "supposedly" trying to buy an additional 20 acres of land for the horses? Give me a break!!

I'm wondering why the Sheriff wasnt interviewed? He is the one that is covering for Trembly, and apparently has been for years according to the person who wrote the Craigs List ad. He needs to be called out and made to publicly answer for all of this!!!

Hi folks just checking in to let you know I didn't jump off the bridge just yet, I have a bad case of "phone ear" getting lied to all day long yet again.

I am extremely depressed now seeing that interview. It did not nearly touch on anything we needed it to~ The goings on with the Sheriff's department,. the whole thing.

It's bothering me that people may donate to Trembly now and feel sorry for him.

He's not going to surrender.

The Sherrif will do nothing.

does anybody know how to reach Katie Couric?When I was at our state Fair in July a young man named Eric who works for her stopped here looking at my Minis.He said he was married to a vet and they had Minis near New York City.He fell in love with 1 of my blk&white fillies who was spoken for.I have tried to contact him , but he left no number.If anybody knows how to reach national media I think he might help.I would be glad to talk to him.It is the Mini farm in Delaware on the way to Ocean City where he was on vacation.We need action SOOOON.I just don't know how to reach him.Someone at my vet's office suggested Betty white who is a big animal lover.Those Minis need to belong to someone else other than Vern Trembly.

Trying to get past my frustration here. One thing I want to mention to the others of you who are frustrated. (Wouldn't that be ALL of you?) Yesterday we set a goal for ourselves. That goal was to get media coverage. Today that goal was accomplished. We did a darned good job!!

What I think needs to happen now is.....we set our next goal and go at it with as much enthusasiasm and furvor as this one. We ain't done yet!!!! As I said in some of the e-mails I sent out....We WILL NOT sit idly by and see these horses continue to suffer. We will not be still until they receive the care they need.

Danielle as you can see from my earlier outburst I too am no longer willing to give Vern the benefit of the doubt. After the past 3 weeks there is no longer any doubt in my mind.

I might suggest getting an article written up and passed out to newspapers throughout the state of KS. The equine atty highly recommended newspapers coverage. Get all the info together and submit it to the newspapers. Anyone willing to do just that?

PEggy

I would just like to tell everyone out there reading this thread how much I like truckers.

convoy.jpg

The news coverage was less than I would have hoped. Nevertheless it is a start.

The shot of the owner petting one horse with an extremely emaciated horse right behind him, and then the shot with just the owner and the emaciated horse, are to my mind very darning evidence that he does not have the ability to take care of these horses. I am sure I am not the only person that will see that. That makes me feel there is room to hope this will just be a start.

Who is good at capturing stills from video? A photo of the owner with that really emaciated horse in the background would make a great picture to show just what is going on here.

That said, my main concern would be to help the horses, not to try and go after the owner. He's obviously in over his head, crucifying him will not help the horses (as satisfying as it may be). It would be better if he voluntarily turned them over to others for care. Perhaps if the vet explains it's going to cost thousands and thousands of dollars to get those horses healty he will see reason. It doesn't matter to me if he "saves face" or whatever, all I care about is to try and help the horses.

ETA: I was not suggesting the owner was really good at repairing socks..... apparently the software "fixed" my word. You will have to add the m in for yourself. (This would be in the third sentence of my post.)

Is there an email address for the reporter that did the story? I think someone needs to tell them the WHOLE story- the TRUTH. Maybe also send them a copy of that post on Craig's List!!! Bless the person who did that!!! And the person who found it!

The media is going to continue to be fed lies and BS to cover all this up... and then they will just go away. They need to know the sheriff is just as big a liar and is covering all this up as well.

How about the vet? She has no more bal** , oops, backbone than that to step forward and say what is REAL and she knows it? COME ON!! Any email or fax number for her?

I think if ANY were removed, it was probably by a front end loader to remove the ones that DIED already!!

Also this old creep never called any vet - the sheriff was accompanied by the vet when he went out there because CMHR insisted. He doesnt know how he'll pay for it? Well that tells me right there he needs to get rid of them cause he cant afford them!! Wait til winter comes in and the water (oh that's right, they dont get any) freezes- these horses will drop like flies. Wonder what happened to the one that was down and the other that kept going down? Hidden in the back 40 til they can be hauled away?

Thanks Marty, I need a laugh just about now. I can just see it now, Marty at the helm, driving like a mad woman :bgrin with all of use in tow in a convoy, ROFLMAO. Bunch of really really MAD women, with their hair flying, their teeth gritted... pretty picture, isn't it, ROFLMAO. If that doesn't scare the authroties nothing will
default_wink.png
:

default_frusty.gif
: This is just so frustrating. The news interview mentioned nothing about the horses starving to death, are they blind or what .Gosh I wish I lived near by..

Mr Trembly looks to be a liar and manipulator of the worst kind. He doesn't care one dang bit about these poor innocent horses. He looks to be well fed! Gosh this is so horrible.

It will really make me think long and hard about where my horses get sold too. You just never know once they leave your place.So heartbreaking. I need to go cry some more.

Thanks everyone for all the hard work you are doing! Everyone who has wrote an email, sent a fax, made a call, donated and prayed for these poor babies THANK YOU!

Marty my trailers ready
default_wink.png
:

Hang on guys.....lets consider it a blessing that it made the news. Not everyone in Kansas is naive that video did show some darn thin horses combined with the still photo's. There also did not appear to be any feed in the pens in the video.

It may not be exactly what one would hope for but is is now out there for more non horse owning people to see.

I also was one to not want to charge in guns a blazing....WHY....well what is happening now might have been avoided if the sheriff hadn't been pushed and got his hackles up. I also believe if we want the laws in this country to mean anything we do need to work with them as much as possible. Once the system proves it is broken, then you move on and up the food chain.

I do not judge this person that is not my job. I do want to see those horses helped so I will continue writing and communicating with those I hope can help. Forced rescue NEVER happens quickly or without a fight, it just does not. At this point those who suggest taking food to the horses....you will only prolong this, sadly what needs to be seen is the neglect which means do not feed them and do not water them........

I have been getting great feedback from many I have written...and alot of them won't be in their offices until tomorrow. With the story breaking tomorrow morning on two more networks and a possible newspaper covering it, we are getting closer. Kinda like a big fat boil coming to a head. We have lined up other respected rescues to help with letter writing, and transport and all other aspects, several are local and were going to get others on board.

Put your anger aside and focus on getting the horses the help they need after all isn't that what we all want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back