75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Lord you people are updating before I can....Great work!

I have been in touch with 4 TV News stations for interviews and hopefully the other 3 will be a bit better than what was shown tonight on Fox 4 news.

We are getting great responses from others wanting to help. HSUS, Kansas Big Horse Rescues, Newspaper Reporters, and even the Governors Office seems to be taking an interest. Time will tell if these reporters will get it right.

Please, Please do not stop the emails, calls and Faxs. They are making a difference. Hopefully by noon tomorrow I will have good news in the legal department. There is no way I am going to let those minis stay under Mr Tremblys care.

We have just begun to fight! I think somebody else said that! LOL

I am encouraged by the huge response. But by the same token, I am swamped with emails and I may not be able to answer them all, but I am reading them. If there is something any of you think I need to know immediately, please call me.

I want to thank each and every one of you that has helped, it makes my old heart feel good when I see so many people pulling together. We are contacting the FFA, 4H and others, also the EPA and GVT officials. Most won't get back to us till tomorrow as most had the day off.

All of us working together will get those minis out and to safe homes.

Thank you all again.

Ginny St Pierre, President CMHR

Can someone give me the contact info for Gini? I need it fairly quickly! Here is a post from Equisearch,

I just got a phone call from a local tv reporter who will be going to Uniontown tomorrow morning to do a story on the starving minis. He has an interview set up with Vern (the owner) and has already talked to the sheriff, but definitely gets the impression he is not getting the whole story there. Is there a rescue contact in the area who would be willing to talk to the reporter? He seems very sincerely interested in making sure he gets the story right from all the right people. I need to get him some information tonight if possible.
Anyother contacts that will help this reporter get the full story. Please help!

Can someone stop arguing with eachother long enough to give me Gini's contact info. I thought the point of this was to save the minis, not flame eachother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it would be a good idea to put CMHR's contact info on the contact thread so if someone is looking to contact them for a media source, they can find it quickly instead of having to hunt for it.

I decided to check to see if any other news sources had picked up the Fox story so punched in a Google search for Kansas neglected miniature horses. This was the first thing Google spat out.

Peta Link

The article itself was actually rather nicely done.

Thank you to all who replied. I have been following this thread since its begining, but I am not sure which Ginni/Ginny I needed either.

I agree...with your comment, not always with PETA.
default_wink.png
:

Gee, it could be worse for Vern...someone from the ALF could get involved. (The Animal Liberation Front...remember them? Oh boy.)

Marty, they'd have those minis out in a jiffy!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I think you want Gini St. P and there was a post SOMEwhere in here with her phone number. Can that be noted in the pinned post so that it is there in case other media wants to contact her?????

Thank you to all who replied. I have been following this thread since its begining, but I am not sure which Ginni/Ginny I needed either.
Either of them can get you the information you need.

http://www.blueridgeminis.com/http://www.blueridgeminis.com/

Ginny St. Pierre is President of the CMHR

I think you can find what you are looking for there... or below:

http://www.chancesminihorserescue.org/contact/index.htm

Gini Acton is Treasurer of the CMHR

Not sure which Gini/Ginny you are looking for!

Here is the link to the CMHR:

http://www.chancesminihorserescue.org/index.htm

Hello

This is Gini Acton, Treasurer of CMHR Please do not call my # as I'm not in Arizona right now.

I'm on an island in Alaska for another 25 days.

The # you need to reach is

Virginia (aka Ginny) St Pierre

Blueridge Mountain Miniatures

Thanks for everyone's help with this. Let's just keep our minds focused on helping these mini's.

We are making a difference. Like Ginny says, even the Governor of Kansas knows about this.

We all know about the "good ole boy's" sticking together. Let's make sure it just isn't like that

this time.

I think some of us need to take a breath and cool down. Arguing with each other won't accomplish anything, except as someone said, perhaps getting the thread locked or deleted. We are all deeply distressed about these horses. This is extremely upsetting to all of us, but we all need to keep up the pressure where it counts, it seems it is beginning to have an effect, even if it has taken way too long. C'mon guys, work together and chanel all that anger and frustration into getting a positive result!

Thanks for your update Ginny! You put sanity back into this forum.

I am frustrated that some members of this forum are thowing out suggestions of what to do and then basically say "all righty then,who is going to do it?"

Yesterday in one afternoon, I emailed the commissioners, the governor, all the television stations in eastern Kansas, and friends, family and everyone I could think of. Today I faxed letters to several high school FFA and 4H groups. I supplied my telephone numbers, work, home, and cell. Guess what?? I got two phone calls, Fox 4 and the ABC affiliate in Joplin. Fox 4's Linda Wagner may not have ripped the man a new one tonight but get real folks....they have to investigate! Do you think they are blind? Do you think they can not see through the old buzzard??? The story is not over!

I am not saying sit back and do nothing but maybe it is time to stop ranting and raving. Chill out and be sane about what you are doing and saying. Save your energy and bloodpressure for the needed work coming in the next few weeks. It sounds as though the legal steps are being taken with the lawyer who has stepped up to help, the media is involved, people are ready to give foster homes, money and supplies have been and are being donated,etc.

Don't you see the positive steps that are being taken.

This is not directed at any one person as I don't know any of you, and never heard of you before September 17th when my son called me to tell me about the horses that were going to need homes. That phone call led me to www.miniaturehorsetalk.com. I admire all that you have done in the past few weeks. I only got guts enough to start doing something myself yesterday afternoon.

Instead of continuing to want to tear the man apart (which I do) lets start being the calmer more reasonable parties in this situation. I now need to expend my energy in preparing my land to accept these little horses.

I have a barn to clean out and fences to build. Feed and hay to buy. These horses are coming. I want to make them as welcome and comfortable as possible.

Faye

I agree! Dont get caught up again in the frustration and all.. that is not the point. The point is, some of the media is starting to pay attention and people are starting to take notice!! Let's keep it up!

And bless you Faye for jumping in!!

This whole thing has made me embarrassed to even call KS my old home state. However, now I wish I DID still live there so I could be closer to help out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa - whoa - lets not tear each other up because the situation is difficult. "We do this not because it is easy, we do this because it is hard." JFK Carrots and whips are best worked in a cooridinated effort. While the public spot light has not yet seen what we have, we are at risk of turning ol' Mr. Trembly into a victim by bashing him without considering a carrot offer. Negotiations get much farther than police action can in and of itself. Trembly is not going to be able to work with us if we have publicly crucified him. Non-horse, non-mini folks aren't going to side with us if we are an out of control mob.

We need to afford our own vet to give an independent expert opinion. We don't have a legal foot to stand on yet I believe if we go in and ask a court for an independent medical exam of the animals we may show we are serious although I can't promise that we would have a bats chance of winning the request. We will get much farther if we approach Mr. Trembly with a more humble approach - we know you love your horses and have tried - lets work out how we can help you to provide care for the animals and get them moved before it is too dire for you to pull it out. Let's get the reporters in for a positive story about the mini community comes together to care for the animals and show you standing up to the responsibility of these dignified gentle animals. WE GET WANT WE WANT in a way that may feel repugnant but it is a POSITIVE OUTCOME. Lawsuits do not result in crucifictions on the civil or criminal side and true resolutions require exceptional negotiations. A good settlement leaves all parties feeling a bit raw about the deal but in the end the right things can occur. We need set aside anger and rage and replace it with patience and deliberate, considered action to get to the bottom line - not punishment but progress.

I share your outrage and pain to the point that I can't even look at the pictures or video based on your testimony of what is there. Let's make a difference not a rumble. If no measurable progress is seen tomorrow once all of the offices are open then lets put a negotiation team together to go there and meet with Mr. Trembly on Wednesday. I am on board.

It is not fate, chance or the tides of history that shape our destinies as individuals or as a nation. It is reason, principle and the work of our own hands. Robert Kennedy

Let use our best reason. principles and work to bring this situation to a positive conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back