75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The story just aired... they interviewed Roni, the vet and Vern. I have it saved on my Tivo and can type out word-for-word if interested, or if someone else hasn't already done so.
Please do I would appreciate it very much

Oh my gosh, that poem has me in tears. How touching. How beautiful. How sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on the live feed website for Fox 4 Kansas but the feed is not coming through, even on satellite connection I have which is usually pretty fast. I did leave a comment on that site and suggest ALL of you do as well.

This is posted in the Farm and Garden section of Kansas City Missouri CraigsList right now!!!

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED I ENCOURAGE YOU TO TAKE TIME AND VISIT THIS SO CALLED FARM. IT IS AN 80 ACRE PIECE OF GROUND WITH NO GRASS. WITH THIS MANY HORSES AND GOATS ON IT THINK ABOUT IT. I LIVE NEARBY AND IT IS PLAIN DISGUSTING AND THIS IS NOT A NEW PROBLEM, IT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR QUITE SOME TIME. 6-8 YEARS. YES THAT LONG. THIS GUY IS A FREAK. THEY ARE NOT UP FOR ADOPTION. HE WANTS TOP DOLLAR FOR THESE ABUSED HORSES.

TAKE AN HOUR OUT OF YOUR DAY AND GO THERE. HERE ARE THE DIRECTIONS.

TAKE 54 WEST OUT OF FORT SCOTT KANSAS 15-16 MILES. GO 1 MILE SOUTH ON 85TH STREET. YOU WILL REACH MAPLE ROAD. GO LEFT BACK WEST FOR 1 MILE TO 85TH. TAKE THIS SOUTH FOR 1 MILE TAKE THE CURVE LEFT AND THIS IS LIMESTONE. FARM IS STRAIGHT AHEAD ABOUT .5 MILE ON THE LEFT. YOU CANT MISS IT. I REALLY HOPE SOMETHING GETS DONE ABOUT THIS. THANKS FOR LISTENING

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS, JUST GO THERE

I haven;t yet read all the new pages added today so this may be a repeat. This is the reply I got from the site Danielle posted about ((((think of you all the time by the way kiddo)))))
Hey yourself kiddo :saludando: :saludando: . I think of you often as well, hope your mare is doing well, Crystal is doing just fine :bgrin

How do I get a form to fill out for fostering if it comes to that?

Linda Wagar: (in pasture with horses) when you think of miniture horses, you think of adorable 3' high pets with braids and bows in their hair. You don't think of missing eyes and gaping wounds, but that's what one woman says she saw.

Ronni Fulden: so I was in tears.

Linda: Ronni Fulden says that was her reaction when she saw the minature horses on this suburban county kansas farm. She even took pictures.

Ronni: Some of them have pasture rott all over their backs. Some of them are... you know, there was one little on that was bleeding. Um. This last time I went out one of them was missing an eye. It's pitiful.

Linda: So pitiful that Fulden called her rescue group to try and save the lives of nearly 100 horses. That group put the information on its website and urged members to contact the local sheriff. (photo of website)

He sent out veterinarian Yolanda Grey to take a look.

Yolanda: I can say that I think there are some concerns there.

Linda: But that was several weeks ago, that Dr.Grey paid a visit. And Ronni Fulden is concerned that nothing else has been done. So we decided to take a look.

Vern Trembly: I'm just a crude old country boy.

Linda: That's how owner Vern Trembly explains the discarded tires and abandoned vehicles his miniture horses share their space with. He insists he cares more for these little horses than life itself.

Vern: I've had them for so many years they're part of me. It's that simple.

Linda: He says they never lack for food or clean water. Thou he admits that some of them don't look well.

Vern: Some of them are thin. Some of them are thin. That's why I was concerned about them.

Linda: He's asked a vet from Kansas State to examine them Tuesday. Although he's not sure how he'll pay if the care they need is expensive.

Linda: (in studio) Now the miniture horse rescue group says it remains concerned that Trembly just has more horses than he can care for, and something needs to be done. The Sheriffs department tells us it is monitoring the situation- carefully.

Of course, contacting the authorities to check on this would take time, red tape (you know how the government works.
default_rolleyes.gif
: )...and would only result in Mr. Trembly possibly losing his Government assisted housing. It wouldn't help these poor horses situation at all. :no:
It couldn't put them in a worse situation than they are in and maybe if he did loose everything he'd have to let them go and wouldn't be able to do this to another animal in the future.

Great now people who want to help;and have kind hearts will send this guy money for the supposed vet bills what more does he need to know from a vet FEED THEM there ya go saved him money

Thank You SeeingSpots!!

Im glad you tivo'd it and was able to get the exact words used. I made a mistake in mine, I thought it was Trembly that said he had to many horses....I'm so sorry for any confusion!!

I am also getting the same thing you are from that supposed live feed.

Is that all that was covered in the broadcast? What about pictures? Did they SHOW any of the thin horses??? Did the reporter interview anyone from CMHR about their findings?????

The Sheriffs department tells us it is monitoring the situation- carefully.
This is interesting since the sheriff told one of the reporters scheduled to air the story tomorrow that there is NO ongoing investigation.

And the report from the fort scott tribune I recieved said the sheriff said some of the mini's had been removed from the owners care and the rest just have worms.

Maybe we need to collect all the emails with the varying sheriff responses and send those off to the commissioners.

Well now we have a name ot the veterinarian Yolanda Grey. Does she work for the State Veterinary Office or is she a private practice vet? I am not sending a letter to the state veterinary office.

Here's the link for Yolonda Gray

http://www.myvetonline.com/website/animalcarecenter/

Question: Can anyone tell me what pages the photos are on? I copied them to my home computer and I need to print some from work. I just found out my physical therapist worked at KSU vet school for ten years and I want to show these to her at my appt. in a half hour. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back