75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, this is beyond horrible. These poor little minis need all of our help! I just got through sending all my letters off, and I didnt wrote exactly what I thought. I live in Wisconsin, but if there is anyway I can help please let me know. Praying for all those little ones. Corinne

I sent my letter(s)

Update to add: No response as of yet today

Last edited by a moderator:
:new_shocked: OMG!!!!

I was notified by a friend about this neglectful situation!

We live in Southwestern Kansas and are quite aways away...but if they seize the minis and get them into better care, we could foster several to help out and find them loving homes when they are fully ready!

I will email all I know that may have ideas on how to help and publicize this situation!

Keep me posted and I will keep checking in to see updates as this progresses!

Poor little things...all life's creatures deserve the best and if you can't give it, them give them to someone who can! :saludando:

FMC Minis

fivemilecreek

All done..our letter/...

My name is Christine Chambers and I am writing you about a situation that has been brought to my attention. There is a miniature horse farm by the name of Timbles Tiny Trails in Uniontown, KS on Limestone Road that is guilty of gross neglect and abuse of their horses. I have seen photos taken of these poor horses which made my stomach turn. There are pregnant mares so weak that they can barely walk, much less provide proper nutrition for a healthy foal. This operation is nothing more than an underhanded ploy for money. These animals are emaciated, completely surrounded by hazardous materials, including mountains of tires, barrels of harmful chemicals, and rusty tools. This is an outrage to anyone who values life. These animals are not capable of taking care of themselves, or of speaking up, but I am. I refuse to sit back and watch as these animals are being tortured.

Please utilize any and all resources that you have available as soon as possible in order to have these horses removed from the inhumane conditions that they are being forced to endure. As mentioned before, they have no voice, they can only suffer. Please don't make them suffer any longer than they already have. Please be the voice and the influence that these poor animals don't have.

Sincerely,

Christine Chambers

default_yes.gif
: Nicely said ~ Marty & Christine!!!

I have contacted over 15 people I know personally that have either interest in horses or just down right have better morals than the caretaker of the minis involved.

Hope all will help!!!!

FMC Minis
default_wink.png
:

I'm not excusing anything, those animals should have obviously been saved a long time ago, but I do understand the need to tread carefully here by law enforcement officials. Jerks like this get their animals back if the letter of the law isn't followed. Cases just get thrown out. :no:

I'm all for stricter laws, worse punishments.

To All concerned Mini Lovers:

This situation is beyond what CMHR can do as an organization, but we can at least get the word out and will be setting up a Special Fund to help any and all organizations that will be involved in rescueing these poor starved minis. I am appalled at their condition and CMHR will do everything in our power to help out. We will keep a list of all persons who have offer their care, transport and homes. This is going to be a long drawnout affair as we all know how slow the Justice System works. Just as soon as we know anything at all, it will be posted here. PLEASE PLEASE keep the letters and calls going to the people listed in several posts, but also remember, to be polite and reasonable..these are the people we are depending on to help.

I don't think I've ever been more disgusted and upset with a situation. This goes beyond cruelty. It is inhumane and just down right WRONG. I will be posting another thread shortly with the donation information.

Thank you all for caring.

Ginny St Pierre, President CMHR

Those photos made me cry, those poor poor horses not knowing any love or not even being given the most basic care, my heart breaks for them. I have sent an email to all listed with one of the photos attached and included my name, address and telephone number so they know it is legit and not spam. I will call the numbers listed tomorrow. Please keep us updated with any progress, I hope they can get out of there, if it was closer I would take some in but I will donate to the fund once we know that they are getting out of their torture chamber.

Yvonne

Emails sent. I made it clear that this story is being heard right across the world. And we are all eagerly waiting to hear the outcome.

Thanks for letting us know and allowing us all the chance to help.

:no: It is unbeliveable that someone could be this cruel, I hope they are punished severly.

Those poor minis. If they were closer I would bring them all here as my grandmother has a 32 stall pig barn sitting empty. It has 32 huge boxstalls in it, perfect for minis, not for large horses though, ceiling is to low. Each stall could fit 3 minis no problem and I would nurse them back to health. My vet is great and would do it for barely nothing. Also the sawmill owner is a friend of my dads and loves horses and would supply nice clean bedding for them at a low cost. Just a shame I am so far away as I would go tell that owner a thing or 2. If you can't afford to feed them, don't own them. All 17 of my horses are fat and happy. I rather have them to fat, then to skinny.

I had a standardbred mare that I was not able to feed for 3 weeks. I knew it was 3 weeks and I could have given her 1/2 ration for 3 weeks. But I loved this horse so I sold her rather than have her lose weight. Why can't people have the brains "god gave a jack butt" and take care of their animals or get rid of them. I heard of an emu farmer in Texas that went out and shot his whole flock of emu's because he couldn't feed them. He was arrested for cruelty to animals. I don't know if it stuck. But at least he was trying to keep them from starving.

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

For all wanting to help incourage the seizure of these neglected horses!!!!!

[SIZE=12pt]I was just informed by an acquaintance that lives not but 10 miles from Uniontown, that the law enforcement department {sheriff} is not likely to do anything about it. (*no pun intended, just the truth). The info below is from someone that lives right there and knows that these are the best routes to get something done![/SIZE]
It was suggested to me to contact the

Southeast Kansas Humane Society in Pittsburg, 620-232-1840,

a non-profit organization for more info as to what needs to be done.

Also contact KOAM TV in Pittsburg, who have done this sort of thing before. Koam has a website with email contacts. It's http://www.koamtv.com

And contact the local newspapers, ie. Fort Scott Tribune, Pittsburg Morning Sun, Parsons Sun, Iola Register, etc...

Hope this will help with the proceeding of this time sensitive matter!
PM me if you need any more info. Thanks!

I have always liked this poster because it rings so true. After seeing these pics I am a firm believer that humanbeings are just evil:(

l_0210c5190c9b08aa25f0ef8d4e222039.jpg

I am wondering if Vern Trembly is sick or something? I feel badly for the poor thin horses but also for Vern. I met him years ago when he lived in Colorado and bought my little stallion Vega Light Vant Huttenest from him right before he was forced to move due to a divorce. He took all his horses to Kansas himself. When I went to his farm in Colorado to get Vega, his horses were healthy and fat and happy. And he adored them and they adored him. It was obvious. He was not what I would call a puppy mill. He didn't even have that many foals, but loved his herd who came running when he whistled for them. I watched it! He appeared to be an older man then, and that was 12 years ago. He did call me a few times but it has been a long time now. I know he had some health problems though I can't remember exactly what. I think some were heart related. So to see his horses in this condition makes me really wonder what happened to him. I wish he had contacted people for help before they reached this condition but I wanted people to know he was a good and caring man back then, when I met him and when I talked to him over the years. I think the Vern I met would have fed his horses before himself! He was definitely not an Evil person!

A picture of him was in the Mniature Horse World with his buckskin hitch of 8 minis lots of times on the Rocky Mountain Club page. And he loved training them to drive. He was very proud of his horses and they were what kept him going after his divorce, so I feel something else must have happened that we do not know.

What a sad sad situation.

Susan O.

I'm not excusing anything, those animals should have obviously been saved a long time ago, but I do understand the need to tread carefully here by law enforcement officials. Jerks like this get their animals back if the letter of the law isn't followed. Cases just get thrown out. :no:

I'm all for stricter laws, worse punishments.
We know you're in favor of rescuing those horses. You were very helpful with my recent rescue (who arrived home this past evening), and I agree with harsher punishment. I can only imagine what these horses have been through and how much worse this situation would be by winter with the hay shortage. :new_shocked:

I have a very hard time having any sympathy for the owner. This isn't something that has occured overnight, so it's hard to imagine that it couldn't have been prevented had they asked for assistance. I am sending my letters too and I believe that the newspapers and television stations are the way to go. Making the public more aware of this situation should provide a better outcome for these horses.

I'm sorry- is old age now an excuse for stupidity and cruelty??

I do not give a TOSS if he is old and infirm (well, somewhere inside I do but I can guess he is not starving to death?????) he is LOOKING at those horses- he is walking past them everyday on his way to his kitchen, isn't he??

My animals eat before I do.

Get the horses away form him and \THEN I may have some sympathy for him.

Why is he still breeding if he cannot take care of the ones he has??

If you look at the AMHA stud book he appears to still own all the animals he has bred, so basically he is a hoarder.

Get the animals out, THEN sort out the old guy.

My e-mails are on their way.

I am wondering if Vern Trembly is sick or something?.......... I think the Vern I met would have fed his horses before himself! He was definitely not an Evil person!

A picture of him was in the Mniature Horse World with his buckskin hitch of 8 minis lots of times on the Rocky Mountain Club page. And he loved training them to drive. He was very proud of his horses and they were what kept him going after his divorce, so I feel something else must have happened that we do not know.

What a sad sad situation.

Susan O.
Has anyone been in to see if he is alive and well? If he lives on his own perhaps something has happened to him that has made him incapable of caring for them or getting help. Would someone be able to get over there and check on him? I know the horses are in appalling condition and need help but if a human being is in the same kind of situation he also needs help!

Edited to add: I have also sent emails to everyone and hope that help is gotten for ALL concerned! This could indeed have happened in relatively short time if those water troughs are empty and the animals are dehydrated. I realize the garbage has taken a fair bit of time to pile up but it appears that the barrels and tires are to form a type of fence to keep the animals inside perhaps electric fencing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back