75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you that Mr. T lived in this county prior to the move to CO, so he is a 'homeboy' there. I hope they do go out there.... any way we can get their report on tape- somebody in KS?

I hope they do go, because this is the reply I got from the other news station who is sending the generic copy and paste replies. It's obvious they dont care.

Their response to telling them my thoughts on the 'cancer'

Thanks for your submission. I am not withholding this story due to my personal ethic or ability. I was, am, and will be in steady contact with all news directors at our station regarding this story. Thus, my last e-mail to you remains consistent and true to our station’s decision as a whole.

Once again, thanks for contacting us.

CBS KOAM-TV/FOX KFJX-TV

Pittsburg, KS / Joplin , MO

[email protected]

[email protected]

(417) 624-0233 Ext. 155

(417) 438-6031

We're bearing with you guys Marty........it's just so darned hard to sit and do nothing when soooo much needs to be done. I'm sure those of you who are actively involved are frustrated, but at least you're doing something besides just sitting on your hands like the rest of us. That's really the hard part. Our hearts are breaking - especially since the new pictures have been posted - and there's not a darned thing we can do about it. Guess all we can really do is pray. I know I'm definitely sending special prayers out that help is out there somewhere for those poor horses who are in such critical need of care.

God please keep them safe until we humans can help them ourselves.

Here's some interesting info off the new stud book online

IF this is correct, there are 158 horses registered to Vern and or Vern & Mary Trembly. The last ones I see that were registered were in the year 2000. None since. It's pretty amazing, cause he still has horses living from the late 70's and tons from the mid 80's. Gee no wonder they have 'cancer'- they are ancient.

If anyone has access to the A regular stud book, perhaps someone can double check the numbers? Some of these were registered in Mary's name only but not a lot

Well if those statistics are near correct, give or take a dozen or so, that means with good care the horses are now supposed to be getting, assuming we are being told the truth, Mr. T would be paying out about $20,000 a year for farrier work, vaccines, feed, hay, and let's say about another 5 or 10 grand a piece for the cancer patients.......ya think????

Sorry, I'm not the village idiot.

Very

Frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa, Do you think anyone that has been adding to this thread is trying to go over Vern Trembly's head? I know we all don't think alike but darn it, this is abuse and anyone being quiet about abuse of any, person or animal is only aiding the abuser. I know what it is like to have been abused and had no one to speak up for me....these minis don't have any voice except ours to speak for them. I would much rather hear it shouted from the roof tops of every home in America that these little horses have been abused then to have anyone sit with their hands over their mouth. It is because of silence that these minis have come to be the way they are. This may be bigger than what CMHR can handle and by speaking out there is a good chance more help will be given. We were asked to write.....

As for the sherrif, I hope he is reading this forum and I hopehe does see that we care and are concerned. If anything is said on here that he doesn't think should be said, he can step up and tell us about it. that would be the brave and honest thing to do. We do want facts and we do want the truth and if we aren't getting it, to pass on, then he is the one that could help that. Mary

Like I said in a earlier post I really think we all need to take a breath and wait till someone from CMHR tells us what they need next- I do think that to many trying to go over this guys head and it will end up hurting the situation

Remember he has friends on this board who are telling him what is being written and what is going on- I can bet you at this point the sheriff himself is reading this and all of this can be very counter productive

Any vet who truly believes these horses are not in immenint danger (not a one)got his diploma from the back of a comic book but that aside while we are all angry and upset I think we really need to look to the BOD at CMHR to tell us what and when they need us to get involved

I would think with the reference to where they live, and the rabbits it is someone who posts on this thread alot... as those things have been mentioned several times the state and the rabbits and the rabbit rescue and show rabbits but I could be wrong

Now all of that said again I realize this is frustrating and it is heartbreaking to look at those pictures.

I know how helpless we all feel knowing another night has gone by and these poor things are in the same situation.

I also know these things take time and the reality is horses are property in the eyes of the law. There are only a few in the right position to actually help that truly care and I am trusting that CMHR with the help of other rescues are doing what they can the best way they can to ensure things keep moving forwardand I am sure they have gotten advice on what and how to say it to officals to keep them from turning off completely and working to go forward it is a VERY THIN LINE.

Again for us the line is not thin we know what we see however the law doesnt work that way like it or not.

I understand we want action and we want it now for the horses but please lets try and refer to CMHR board members and see what actions we can take that will help not hinder the process.

I would rather it take 2-3 weeks to get something done then to anger the wrong people and have it be 2-3 months or longer till anything is done.

Yes our system sucks just ask any child who has been a victim of abuse but you have to force yourself to work within the contraints of the system if you want to have any shot of it working for you not against you.

Last edited:
Wow. Pretty amazing insinuations.

Who said the Red Cross and other charities didnt get money for Katrina victims? Or didnt pass it on to the victims? Funny, two men were arrested and jailed and have to pay back the thousands they stole from Red Cross by filing false Katrina claims! After 10 months the Red Cross okeyed about 12 million dollars to be paid out. The payout went to the businesses that had offered to help with the repairs, rebuilding or whatever. No, they were not just going to hand a family a check for $8,000- we all have a good idea what would happen with that. It's not that funds didnt go out, it was all the fraudsters who jumped on the bandwagon to get a free check to spend on a new car, a vacation or plastic surgery! Or hey, how about the season football tickets that were purchased on some of the 1.5 million dollars worth of debit cards that were mailed out to supposed victims.

Nearly 6300 medical personel were sent to help with victims- what if those folks had said they were not interested in helping?

Nearly 100,000 damaged roofs were covered with the 'blue roofs' so that the families could continue to live in their house while repairs were being done. More than 112,000 mobile homes were used as housing for folks that needed them. More than 1.3 million inspections were done in three states to get accurate reports of what the actual impact on homes were.

More than 99 million cubic yards of debris and trash were removed and disposed of at a cost beyond 3.7 billion dollars. More than 650 million dollars was paid out for hotel and motel rooms for those that were homeless. Six BILLION dollars was provided to victims for housing and other needs. And over 15.3 billion was paid out to National Flood Insurance Program policyholders. This is all only a drop in the bucket.

For ONE backhoe cleaning up debris, do you have a clue what it costs to run one per day?

The folks at CMHR donate a lot of their time and their own finances, but do you think that they should just foot the bill all on their own? Dont donate anything because heaven forbid, they might get paid back $20 for the $150 they spent on gas to haul horses to safety, or to a vet somewhere? Or a free tube of wormer for a horse they are putting hours into to try to save that doesnt even belong to them?

Do you think this is all for free? How about adding up the cost of a few tons of hay, wormer for over a hundred horses, antibiotics and other meds for those that will need it, not to mention the farrier work, shots per piece, etc.... the final bill just for MINIMAL stuff could be astounding.

Go ahead and go through life being skeptical and sitting on your hands, but when you need help, remember how many you helped in your lifetime, and expect to get back what you gave out.

Unfortunately, with all the 'things being collected', if they are not used on this bunch of horses, they will certainly be used on another. I have about seen my fill of emaciated horses the last week to last me a lifetime. Perhaps you should volunteer to help out at a homeless shelter, battered women's shelter or some place and see just what it costs to run something like that on a daily basis and look at all the people there that are 'not getting help'.

Sorry I got off topic here, but what an unbelievable attitude and things to say about folks that are seriously trying to help out here and get some of our equine friends out of horrible situations that they should never have been put in!

I'm physically sick of looking at those pictures and do not care to see them again so I'm not going to look anymore. It makes me puke knowing that I am here and not there.

Katiean, I'm very sad that you have chosen to bash CHMR on other forums and once again, you do not know the GREAT lengths that have been taken by many other people whom you do not know who they are or a thing about that are working with us behind the scenes to help these little horses. We already offered to refund money to anyone that wants anything returned that they sent they can have it back right now this minute no problem. I know that Ginny's ears are sore from having two phones going at once in each ear from her round the clock and two different computers going and she hasn't sleep in days. I know that Shannon must be pretty much blind by now going through paperwork and she's got kids to tend to also. Jess has probably got a huge headache at the very least from the whole thing and I'm trouble shooting a million things and I haven't been able to visit the dad blasted freggin cemetary this week yet to visit my little boy darn it. We all have our own families and our own horses to care for and much of our daily "normal" work has gone to heck in a handbasket but we are not complaining one bit we are working on this. We want those horses saved now and fast and today in good loving homes so badly we can't stand it but running your mouth around the net is hurting the reputation of CHMR this we do not need especially now when our credibility is on the line to get this rescue done. So if you still feel the need to bash people for doing the best we possibly can than I don't know what to say to you. I told you before we still have many wheels turning like you cannot imagine and I am very sorry they are not turning fast enough to suit you but it is what it is and we are only human so dang it give us a break here!

PS: Michael I'm coming tomorrow no matter what and I won't foget your Dr. Pepper. Love Mommy.

I believe an earlier post did mention that the usual CMHR fee was being waived at this time for those coming forward to be fosters?

And CMHR - I doubt if you were considering it, but PLEASE don't change your requirement that people supply a vet and farrier reference!! If those simple references cannot be provided or an explanation cannot be provided (such as "I am my own farrier"), I would be so scared about the type of environment these horses were going to end up in.

Why would one ever think it would be a good idea to take on a starved unhealthy horse if they can't get a vet out to their farm in an emergency situation?? If I had that problem here I don't know that I'd want to own any horses at all, let alone take on horses such as these.

And why in the world would anyone lambast CMHR for attempting to be prepared to take in these horses by requesting donations? They have even said they are willing to return donations if they do not get these horses and that is what the donators would like to happen. What else would you have them do?! They are working with a situation that they don't have control over - they are just willing to pick up the pieces and save these little horses if they are allowed to do so. And being somewhat prepared is the only real chance they have at doing this successfully.

Animal rescue is hard work! If you let it, it can take up just about every second of your life and it can take most if not all of any extra resources you might have, if you're willing to give them.

PLEASE give rescuers the respect they deserve! They aren't doing it for any personal gain, they are doing it for the animals. Cheers to you, CMHR!

I believe an earlier post did mention that the usual CMHR fee was being waived at this time for those coming forward to be fosters?

And CMHR - I doubt if you were considering it, but PLEASE don't change your requirement that people supply a vet and farrier reference!!

Yes, this is an emergency situation so we have waived the membership fees for this particular rescue in Kansas because it's of catastrophic proportions because there are so many horses, where we need so many homes available right away. We need Kansas people first to foster, and then permanent homes after wards when they can be released from out of state of Kansas.

Yes, we are also still very much screening all applications and many have already been ok'd.

Ginny, anyone who has rescued and rehabilitated horses KNOWS how hard your volunteer job is with CMHR--one you do out of the goodness of your heart and soul. Those who think you are in it for the money are among the most ignorant people in the world. It takes an extraordinary amount of time, energy, personal (and family) sacrifice, and yes, money, to do rescue of animals, especially horses--due to the logistics of their size and zoning laws (you can't just put them in any backyard). And to take on public officials in rescues--now that's a huge challenge (but doable!). (Been there, done that.)

I am sure that the majority of people on this board sincerely appreciate all the hard work you do, as evidenced by the many who are willing to jump in and help in any way they can, no matter how small. :aktion033:

It is unfortunate that some people feel the need to slander and libel CMHR and other organizations who step up to the plate to do what needs to be done in times of crisis. :no: Personally, I believe in karma and what goes around, comes around.
default_yes.gif
:

I hope that we can meet one day and swap stories. And I pray you continue to have the strength and courage to do what needs to be done, in spite of insensitive people.
default_wink.png
:

Take care.

Rebecca

...I'm trouble shooting a million things and I haven't been able to visit the dad blasted freggin cemetary this week yet to visit my little boy darn it.
Marty, after reading about the kind of person Michael was here on Earth, I can only imagine that he is grinning ear to ear at what you are doing to help these little horses.
default_yes.gif
: It sounds exactly like what he would have done.

A HUGE thanks to you, Jess, Shannon, and all the other "behind the scenes" people who are working so hard to save these horses (and of course all the CMHR board members, too).
default_thumbup.gif
: :worshippy: Hugs to all of you!! Don't give up and keep the faith...we're all behind you.

I had a thought on how we may get more information and possibly more help. Could you people in Kansas contact your vet, show him the pictures, tell him that we're trying to help the horses and ask him for advice. Ask if there is a "state vet". If so, who is it? Does your vet know that person well enough to call them to verify that care is being given? Ask who he thinks should be contacted. Maybe if we can get a Kansas vet (or 2) involved they can help get us some of the answers we're so desperate for. Just a thought, but possibly worth a try.

I would rather it take 2-3 weeks to get something done then to anger the wrong people and have it be 2-3 months or longer till anything is done.

Lisa hit the nail on the head with the above statement! Its a very fine line to walk to get help to the horses and not make the situation worse. Is it frustrating? YES!! Situations like this always are and they always seem to take much longer then anyone wants. But we have to keep the ultimate goal in mind here and just keep plugging away.

This does remind me of the situation with hurricane Katrina. We plugged away non stop for weeks until we finally got hay and feed into the state for the Bradford family(and helped move horses to safer ground). many of you were here when that occurred and it was quite the situation. It didnt happen overnight and it was so frustrating but in the end we got it there and also helped many other farms there.

The great thing is that thanks to the ones on this thread that helped, the horses are better off now then before (they are getting hay and water) Yes its just a baby step but still a big improvement for the horses. I do think the local authorities know that CMHR and others are watching and will not go away. Slow and steady wins the race and helps the horses
default_smile.png

Lisa and Marty I bow before you both. Ginny I know personally how much you care and how this just physically hurts your heart as it does all CMHR members and the rest of MOST of us. I am not posting here daily because I am patiently waiting for the wheels to turn and turn they will.

Anyone who dares to bash CMHR or any of it's members should be ashamed. You walk a mile in their shoes, spend a day dealing with situations like this and then see what's what. No excuse for it, it plain tickes me off that some folks just gotta be negative and cause trouble. This is a situation that earmarks what is yet to come. This is the dry run, the learning experience of rescues to come in the next few years, it could set a precident, so for God sake, for the horse's sake back down, let those who are giving their all do their job and in time, YES IN TIME, things will get to rights. JMHO!!! :eek:

I applaud any and all involved in helping these horse in any way large or small but help is what we all should be doing noy hurting those who are giving everything to help themselves. Where would the horses be if there was no one to care and make miracles happen! CMHR and other rescues make miracles happen, let them do it.

We ASSUME they are getting feed and water- this is coming from someone who changes the story when talking to different people... sorry I am skeptical but there are too many shadows of doubt going on there with whether those horses were really seen by a vet and if they are getting any care in my opinion.

I agree that sometimes things take time, but I think the 30 days is stall.... and if the horses are 53 more than what is allowed, then whoever is in charge of that governmentally needs to get involved and have them removed. That is double what he is allowed there.

There are also folks outside of CMHR and this forum that are working on this, as a lot of people know about these minis now. So whatever anyone's thoughts are about what we should do and shouldn't do, or what is or isn't being done - it's not really up to us. Other officials have been alerted to this situation (as mentioned in previous posts) and it sounds like they are planning to investigate the matter further. Whether that helps things or sets things back, is again out of our hands. We can only hope that it helps.

If there are others working on this situation, it would be helpful to know what is being done. I think alot of the questions and skepticism on this post have to do with the not knowing. It's really easy when people love minis as we do, to let our imaginations, fears and past experiences take over. Ginny has said before that there are things that cannot be told at this time. We need to trust CMHR and other rescue organizations to do what they do best.....save these horses. I have complete faith that they are working as hard as they can to do just that.
default_yes.gif
:

I am one who also donated money to help these minis. As I told Ginny, if the money doesn't end up being needed for these horses, I'm sure another one down the road will need it. Keep the money and use it where it is most needed. I trust Ginny and CMHR to do just that.

If there are others working on this situation, it would be helpful to know what is being done.

Hi -

The info I know is mentioned in previous posts recently, about some outside officials being contacted. And I would bet there are other private individuals that are trying to contact whomever they think will help as well. Even non-horsey folks that are in small animal rescue are starting to hear about this situation, and they probably won't enlighten us - they may not even know anything about Lil' Beginnings or CMHR.

Sorry, I didn't mean for my post to sound secretive.

Renee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back