75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like FMC, i'm wondering why can't the sherrif or vet talk to Mr. Trembly about selling some horses. Have the ones that are in the worst condition get taken out but have maybe a horse person near him help him out with selling some of the others so he's down to a managable number.

I know it's said that he's over on the number he can have, is there 53 that are in such bad conditions? I think if he could sell some he'd have money to feed and care for the ones he was able to keep.
I am in agreement on this -- I think that from my understanding not ALL of the horses are in this condition and IF I remember right the original post said that the horses were found based on a for sale ad that mr. Trembly had posted so sounds to me like he was trying to reduce his numbers. I see no problem in wanting him to surrender the ones that are in such horrible shape and keeping in touch with him after that to make sure all is going well but I think that he should definetly be given the chance to sell a few as well. This is total speculation BUT beings that he is older he is probably retired and he may live off of what he makes on selling his horses and so if 53 of them are taken from him to be surrendered then he would be left with nothing to show for them which might mean that he doesnt have the money to feed the others -- just speculating there but I would think if he were given a chance to sell some of the healthier ones that maybe he would be more willing to surrend the few that are in bad shape. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

As far as the donation comment that was made about 85% of us not donating yet -- I do not intend to donate until it is a for sure thing -- I originally offered to foster and since that alone would cost money I am not sure that I would want to donate X amount and then have to spend X amount to get the horses healthy and mabye over-extend my finances. Now if it does go and I dont foster any then sure I would donate money but until the case is clearer as to what is REALLY going to happen I dont blame the 85% for not donating anything.

Like FMC, i'm wondering why can't the sherrif or vet talk to Mr. Trembly about selling some horses.

You do not know that this conversation has not taken place so no need to assume anything.

In regards to the registration papers, if they are accessable we will purse them if possible because it can definately not hurt and will be an asset. BUTT! The main objective at this time is getting the horses to safety with or without them and the paperwork thing would only be the icing on the cake so let's not make another issue of this one please. This is about horses, not a piece of paper we are all very well aware of it.

As for the lack of donations,

I do not intend to donate until it is a for sure thing

don't forget that CHMR works behind the scenes 365 days a year and can always use monatary help.

I know you want to be ready, we all need to be ready, but please do not go through large expenses of this nature until you know for 100% positive that you will be assigned a horse(s) to foster from this herd.

That's correct. It is in fact a conflicting statement because we won't know anything until the very last minute. It is not up to us. Many things are up in the air I'm sorry.

So if the donations made are not needed for the Uniontown, ks minis, then they will be kept and used at a later date according to Marty?

Jess or Ginny if you are reading and have the time, please comment on the donations for the peoples sake of caring about the Uniontown minis only at this time. Thank you!

This is becoming more of a one thought track situation for some!

No, I didn't say that & sorry if the post led you to think that. I believe Virgina stated eariler that if we do not get custody of these horses those donations that were ear marked for this rescue will be returned.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
A few have already been generous but for the most part, approximately 85% posters on this particular thread have donated zero. We need donations.
THEN

I know you want to be ready, we all need to be ready, but please do not go through large expenses of this nature until you know for 100% positive that you will be assigned a horse(s) to foster from this herd.
:new_shocked: IMG~How hypocritical does this sound!? But you need to start making donations, but don't prepare your place for possible foster care...so what happens to the donations for this rescue IF it doesn't end up in the hands of CMHR? These comments are going to turn people away.
default_unsure.png
:

Here is a Quote from a concerned foster home, per the statement above:

"I think it should be held off on the donations, till the minis actually go to homes and then the homes can be posted and people can donate directly to them! They could list what they might need help with or money donations could just be sent to help with those items!"

Good points:dgrminis!
default_yes.gif
:

I too am feeling this is being turned into a sharade; I and several seriously wanting to help. Although it is turning into a hassle and opinions from people (especially associated with CMHR) pertaining to what others aren't doing is not good incouragement for foster homes to help. Thank you to all keeping a positive (unselfish) mind and we hopefully will know more after Tuesday! :bgrin

:aktion033: Big Thank you to Jess and All for all your assistance. Hope the new options are helpful if necessary! If what you are doing is working and accomplishing our goal...Power to you!!!! :aktion033:

Great post FMC and I agree, let's please keep the horses welfare and health first and foremost. Also Mr. Trembly. Nothing else matters.

Like FMC, i'm wondering why can't the sherrif or vet talk to Mr. Trembly about selling some horses.

You do not know that this conversation has not taken place so no need to assume anything.

In regards to the registration papers, if they are accessable we will purse them if possible because it can definately not hurt and will be an asset. BUTT! The main objective at this time is getting the horses to safety with or without them and the paperwork thing would only be the icing on the cake so let's not make another issue of this one please. This is about horses, not a piece of paper we are all very well aware of it.

As for the lack of donations,

I do not intend to donate until it is a for sure thing

don't forget that CHMR works behind the scenes 365 days a year and can always use monatary help.

Thank you
default_please.gif
: First of all~It is not nice to bash people for wanting to help foster or donate, but would like a more secure plan! Especially where that person lives in Kansas and the horses are going to need all the help they can get in our state.

Just to set some things:

1~In the recent updates it is said that the sheriff is discussing only surrender, not owner benefit/profit.

2~Now that is okay to just donate to CMHR for good nature....BUT the point here is some are donating for this particular mini rescue...not just any that take place anywhere. Some people wanting to help and aren't setting very wealthy and want to help with a particular case...that is their right!

So if the donations made are not needed for the Uniontown, ks minis, then they will be kept and used at a later date according to Marty?

Jess or Ginny if you are reading and have the time, please comment on the donations for the peoples sake of caring about the Uniontown minis only at this time. Thank you!

default_wacko.png
:

Thank you HGFarm!!!! :cheeky-smiley-006:

default_wink.png
: I will not comment any more on any negative persuant remarks...it is a waste of time!

Thanks to all who have offered to help and are in hope for the minis!
default_thumbup.gif
:

Please contact myself or Shannon if you are able to offer help or assist with donations. When we have a definite, we will let you know when and where. Thanks!

[email protected] OR [email protected]

I guess I'm a little puzzled by a few things.

We know that at least some of the horses are pathetically thin. Thin is an understatement. Starving seems like a better word. But are all the horses in this condition? Or are there some that are still in good/decent/okay shape? If some are starved and others are okay, can all be confiscated?

There are 53 horses too many for the number of acres. Are there 53 seriously underweight horses, or will some of the 53 that are removed be in at least reasonably good shape yet? Can horses be taken by a rescue even if they aren't in poor condition? Just curious, because here if someone had too many horses for the property size, they would get a letter from the municipality pointing out that there are too many animals and a certain number must be removed by a specific date. A rescue could not just come and take them. If the animals were not removed by the specified date, then authorities could come & remove them--and they would have to be sold and the money--less impound fees--would have to be turned over to the owner.

If there were starving horses on a property here, authorities would come in & try to work with the owner and get things back on track. If there were too many animals for the property size, and if the horses were starving, they would be removed, fostered & probably sold, again with expenses being paid and then the balance of the sale price going to the owner. If authorities were to find that the owner was not co-operative in caring for the animals under supervision, then steps would be taken to remove the animals. Or, if the animals were in imminent danger--as in, animals already down, or animals so weak that they were likely to go down any time--the animals would be removed immediately. Our Animal Care Act does provide for animals in immediate danger to be removed and cared for. Otherwise, though, authorities try to work with the owner. If it were found that the owner was not in physical or mental shape to be able to care for the animals, assistance would be given to him to care for the animals and find new homes, whether by selling or giving them away. If the owner were not capable of making the decision to give away the animals or to agree to selling them, attempts would be made to locate family members that may be able to make the decisions, or else a court order would have to be obtained.

I've not yet read anything on here that tells us each & every horse in this instance is in the skin & bones condition of those shown in the posted photos. If some, or even the majority, of the horses are in much better condition I guess I do need someone to explain how a rescue can just go in, take every one of them, and leave the owner with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Someone please tell us--are all the horses as bad off as those in the photos? Or are some in better condition? If so, how much better is better? A little better, quite a bit better? Are any in "good" condition?

We have been told that the vet will not issue health certificates for any of the minis. To me this means they are all in need of serious care. Another thing I would like to point out to those who think this man is unable to use his mental abilities to make good judgements is that the Sherrif is trying to reason with him...do you think the Sherrif would try and reason with him if he thought the man wasn't mentally stable? :no: I rather doubt it.
default_sad.png
We have been told that this is a problem that has been going on for awhile and things are serious so that has to be taken into consideration. Mary

I guess I'm a little puzzled by a few things.

We know that at least some of the horses are pathetically thin. Thin is an understatement. Starving seems like a better word. But are all the horses in this condition? Or are there some that are still in good/decent/okay shape? If some are starved and others are okay, can all be confiscated?

There are 53 horses too many for the number of acres. Are there 53 seriously underweight horses, or will some of the 53 that are removed be in at least reasonably good shape yet? Can horses be taken by a rescue even if they aren't in poor condition? Just curious, because here if someone had too many horses for the property size, they would get a letter from the municipality pointing out that there are too many animals and a certain number must be removed by a specific date. A rescue could not just come and take them. If the animals were not removed by the specified date, then authorities could come & remove them--and they would have to be sold and the money--less impound fees--would have to be turned over to the owner.

If there were starving horses on a property here, authorities would come in & try to work with the owner and get things back on track. If there were too many animals for the property size, and if the horses were starving, they would be removed, fostered & probably sold, again with expenses being paid and then the balance of the sale price going to the owner. If authorities were to find that the owner was not co-operative in caring for the animals under supervision, then steps would be taken to remove the animals. Or, if the animals were in imminent danger--as in, animals already down, or animals so weak that they were likely to go down any time--the animals would be removed immediately. Our Animal Care Act does provide for animals in immediate danger to be removed and cared for. Otherwise, though, authorities try to work with the owner. If it were found that the owner was not in physical or mental shape to be able to care for the animals, assistance would be given to him to care for the animals and find new homes, whether by selling or giving them away. If the owner were not capable of making the decision to give away the animals or to agree to selling them, attempts would be made to locate family members that may be able to make the decisions, or else a court order would have to be obtained.

I've not yet read anything on here that tells us each & every horse in this instance is in the skin & bones condition of those shown in the posted photos. If some, or even the majority, of the horses are in much better condition I guess I do need someone to explain how a rescue can just go in, take every one of them, and leave the owner with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Someone please tell us--are all the horses as bad off as those in the photos? Or are some in better condition? If so, how much better is better? A little better, quite a bit better? Are any in "good" condition?

Excuse me, Mary, but I have to say that a sheriff probably isn't the one to be making any judgment calls on someone's mental stability. It can often take close acquaintance, and/or extended time spent with a person and/or specific training (such as a medical doctor) to make a determination of a person's mental stability.

In some people there could well be obvious "clues" to a problem after a lengthy conversation; in others a person may appear to be entirely "normal" until the right 'trigger' is touched, and then a mental disability may become obvious.

All are assuming that the vet won't issue health certificates for sending the horses out of state because all are too poor to travel. I'm reserving judgment on that one--there may be more to it than that. Or maybe not. There's just too much reading between the lines on everything in this case.

Okay, so a Sheriff would try and reason with a mentally unstable person from your point of view. Do you realize that the Sherrif has to make judgement calls in situations like this? That is his job, and my understanding is the sherrif has been having conversations with the man so he does know if he is stable enough or not to reason with. I am sure the sherrif would have enough common sense to call in someone to evaluate the guy if he had any idea that he wasn't capable of straight thinking.

And I am assuming nothing as far as the state the horses are in. The vet made the statement of not giving any health certificates to any of them and it may not be just because they are too poor to travel. Vets don't issue health certificates if they see any health problems or deseases or at least aren't suppose to. Even if a horse has warts a vet isn't supposed to issue a health certificate. From waht I have read and found out, this man is not as some people make him out to be....someone unable to know that something is wrong for it has been said that he did know something was wrong, he just didn't see to having something done about it. See we alll have our points of views and I was only trying to help you with your puzzlement and meant nothing more. mary

Excuse me, Mary, but I have to say that a sheriff probably isn't the one to be making any judgment calls on someone's mental stability. It can often take close acquaintance, and/or extended time spent with a person and/or specific training (such as a medical doctor) to make a determination of a person's mental stability.

In some people there could well be obvious "clues" to a problem after a lengthy conversation; in others a person may appear to be entirely "normal" until the right 'trigger' is touched, and then a mental disability may become obvious.

All are assuming that the vet won't issue health certificates for sending the horses out of state because all are too poor to travel. I'm reserving judgment on that one--there may be more to it than that. Or maybe not. There's just too much reading between the lines on everything in this case.

If these horses have papers, efforts should be made to connect them. It will make it much easier to foster/adopt/put in homes with papers, no matter what some think.

Unfortunately I am too far away to foster/adopt, but if I were able, and find that I have ended up with a beautiful stallion that I can geld or mare to show, papers are essential. Plus, if the horse is good enough, why not have the ability to breed and register? There are 50+ horses, and while I'd love to put all 53 in my back yard, I also enjoy showing and training horses. Flame if you must, but rescuing a mini with some potential for show or breeding makes it more desirable. These are not dogs to rescue, which have a much wider pool of potential foster families.

Everyone Please keep the speculation to a minimum. Yes, we know more than we are telling. We have to respect the Sheriffs requests, Mr Tremblys privacity and protect CMHR from a Lawsuit. There are things that will be revaled later when we have permission to do so. All this speculation, rumor and just downright bashing is not going to help anything. Especially the minis. As far as I know ALL the minis are in the same shape you all saw in the pictures. It is not a case of a couple it is a case of everyone of the minis needing help. Right now they are being fed and that is a step in the right direction. Thanks to the letters, calls and emails from this Forum, that was accomplished. As for Mr Trembly, again as far as I know, money is not his problem so please stop thinking of ways to reimburse, pay for minis etc. The Sheriff knows Mr Trembly and is in contact with him. That is all I can say about that. Please do ask for more details as I can not comment.

I can answer some other questions that have been asked. CMHR Rules and Regulations state that "Any Mini who has been rescued and is now in a Foster Home or an Adoptive Home CANNOT be bred. The stallions are to be gelded and mares are not to be put with a stallion". If we are able to get any of the registration papers I am thinking it would be extremely hard to identify any of the minis from the pictures on the registration when comparing them to how they look now. The ONLY reason for having papers with a rescued mini is if the adoptive home wants to show them. It is NOT for breeding purposes.

Now, on to the donation question. If for some reson this all blows up in our face (anything is still possible) anyone wanting their donation returned, it will not be a problem. There is a paper trail on monies received. We are not in this for the money all CMHR wants to do is provide aide for minis that need us. I admit we have never handled anything this big but most of us have been involved in rescues of one type of an animal or another.

If you have any more questions, please address them to me, not each other. I will honestly answer any questions except those I am legally bound not to. Remember of course, that I am not there and have not seen for myself what is going on. Please feel free to PM me at anytime and lets try to not let this whole situation get out of hand. We are here to help the minis and nothing else.

Ginny

Newcomers and all~For reference: Here are the pages and posts of updates posted after communication with the sheriff etc...

Page 20~post 193

Page 23~post 227

Page 26~post 253

If anyone would like to read what we have been given as updates.
default_smile.png

Thank you for the additional details Ginny. It answers some of the questions I and many others had been wondering about. Although it is the worst news, at least now we know. I know how hard something of this magnitude must be for CMHR, and I applaud ALL of you there for your hard work on getting this mess sorted out. God bless all of you, and GOD BLESS ALL THOSE POOR HORSES!

I know we are all very passionate about these little horses which is why this is such an awesome place with caring people! But we all need to take a breath and wait and see what happens. Waiting is hard i know!

Please do not be hard on the people from CMHR. I know from experience what a situation like this takes and I feel sure ginny and the others are on the phone and in email continuously which is a lot of stress and pressure. When I was in charge of the hurricane horses I barely slept for a week. I think I had a phone glued to one ear and typed so many emails my hands cramped. Then add in all these members taking care of their own horses, current rescues, family etc. So please take into consideration how much work this takes and maybe cut them a little slack
default_smile.png

Some of you may remember that CMHR was created right here on LB and the rules put in place were what the forum members wanted. All of these rules were asked for and voted on right here. Especially the no breeding rule and gelding all stallions which members at that time felt very strongly about.

Thank you ginny, marty, gini, jess and the others for taking on this huge task

kay

Althought the news is not good we do appreciate the update because we do care and are concerned. Keep up the good work and we will try and do our best too. Mary

Everyone Please keep the speculation to a minimum. Yes, we know more than we are telling. We have to respect the Sheriffs requests, Mr Tremblys privacity and protect CMHR from a Lawsuit. There are things that will be revaled later when we have permission to do so. All this speculation, rumor and just downright bashing is not going to help anything. Especially the minis. As far as I know ALL the minis are in the same shape you all saw in the pictures. It is not a case of a couple it is a case of everyone of the minis needing help. Right now they are being fed and that is a step in the right direction. Thanks to the letters, calls and emails from this Forum, that was accomplished. As for Mr Trembly, again as far as I know, money is not his problem so please stop thinking of ways to reimburse, pay for minis etc. The Sheriff knows Mr Trembly and is in contact with him. That is all I can say about that. Please do ask for more details as I can not comment.

I can answer some other questions that have been asked. CMHR Rules and Regulations state that "Any Mini who has been rescued and is now in a Foster Home or an Adoptive Home CANNOT be bred. The stallions are to be gelded and mares are not to be put with a stallion". If we are able to get any of the registration papers I am thinking it would be extremely hard to identify any of the minis from the pictures on the registration when comparing them to how they look now. The ONLY reason for having papers with a rescued mini is if the adoptive home wants to show them. It is NOT for breeding purposes.

Now, on to the donation question. If for some reson this all blows up in our face (anything is still possible) anyone wanting their donation returned, it will not be a problem. There is a paper trail on monies received. We are not in this for the money all CMHR wants to do is provide aide for minis that need us. I admit we have never handled anything this big but most of us have been involved in rescues of one type of an animal or another.

If you have any more questions, please address them to me, not each other. I will honestly answer any questions except those I am legally bound not to. Remember of course, that I am not there and have not seen for myself what is going on. Please feel free to PM me at anytime and lets try to not let this whole situation get out of hand. We are here to help the minis and nothing else.

Ginny

A suggestion about round-up of the minis from another representative of Iowa Equine Rescue and Awareness League:

Try the orange snow/construction fence, the 4 foot kind. Put small rods through it - easily moved and held up by a large group of people and the minis shouldn't get hurt with it. The minis could be herded right into a trailer this way.

Best of luck to you all that have actually been working on this case! You are doing a great job, for no personal gain to yourselves, and I hope that nothing is done to jeopardize the great work that you are doing, and that people respect your decisions in this matter.

No, I didn't say that & sorry if the post led you to think that. I believe Virgina stated eariler that if we do not get custody of these horses those donations that were ear marked for this rescue will be returned.
My donation will stay with CMHR, I want it there, it isn't as much as I'd like but it's what I could afford at the moment. I wish our CMHR auction was sooner I have things ready...I can post them to you CMHR members if you wish and all proceeds can go to CMHR and they can spend it when and where it needs to be spent. I fear for so many of the horses big and small right now, not just this group.

Let us focus, stay calm and and send all the good light and care we can for the horses, the owner and those who are desperately trying to help...HELP...other discussion is moot at this point. See the horses in your heart, then send all the good you can.

My donation can also be used for whatever the need may be, whether it be the Kansas minis or somewhere else. My only wish, is that it could have been more. Thanks CMHR! :aktion033:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back