2023 crafting for all...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on a few things lately. Can't remember what I last posted, so will just post the two current projects.
First a Christmas table runner, not quite finished, need to add borders, layer and quilt.
Second a challenge project for quilt guild. We were given 3 crayons, and need to create a quilt using only those 3 colors plus black and/or white. I got blue violet, red violet and yellow green (might be green yellow, if there is a difference). I've just barely started, but have two blocks completed to test the pattern and fabrics/colors together.
Looking good. Your colors are perfect matches.

Working on a few things lately. Can't remember what I last posted, so will just post the two current projects.
First a Christmas table runner, not quite finished, need to add borders, layer and quilt.
Second a challenge project for quilt guild. We were given 3 crayons, and need to create a quilt using only those 3 colors plus black and/or white. I got blue violet, red violet and yellow green (might be green yellow, if there is a difference). I've just barely started, but have two blocks completed to test the pattern and fabrics/colors together.
I love that idea! Really a fun way to get a new project started.

This slow-stitch page is to remember my trip to British Columbia. I wanted to show the tall trees, the flowers, the fir cone, the beach with rocks and shells, and the button-theme cupcakes my son and dil had especially made for me. The maple leaf is from my luggage tag. The paper piece top center is from a Tim Horton coffee cup. The proportion isn't exactly right, but with slow-stitch you just enjoy the journey.

Attachments

• island page.jpg
    island page.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 1
I got sidetracked from making my book to work on this project. It is a pin cushion stuffed with wool and a emery filled with sand. A pocket for scissors and needles. Attached to the old wood with some of my hoarded linoleum nails. It hangs on my cupboard door. I could put seasonal bits in the pocket, too. I love primitive pioneer things.

Attachments

• pin cushion on wood.jpg
    pin cushion on wood.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 0
The pouring is addictive to watch on youtube. The felting is addictive to do. Lol.
So gratifying to make a sale! I enjoy creating, but it's hard when there is no market. And I rarely give my things to friends/family as I don't want to foist something on them that is a burden.

So gratifying to make a sale! I enjoy creating, but it's hard when there is no market. And I rarely give my things to friends/family as I don't want to foist something on them that is a burden.
Selling is tricky, but sometimes it's just finding your market. We have a lot of craft fairs here and some art shows and flea markets. I'm still trying to figure out where I can sell a few pieces. But if you don't sell you need to buy a bigger house eventually because you can't keep it all! My felted things have done ok on facebook marketplace, but my paintings don't. Etsy is good for some people but I don't want to ship anything so I try to keep it local.

Congratulations on your sales, LostandFound! That is wonderful! I think it would be fun to try and also challenging!

I hear you, Marsha! I enjoy drawing and sketching and only give something away if someone asks. Like you, I hate to burden people. Fortunately paper is flat and easy to store a lot in a box! 😂

Latest posts

Back