2023 crafting for all...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An angel I made. I found the gold metal wings at the thrift store. The face is transfer printed with a piece of vintage tinsel for a halo. The garment is an old blanket. The tin star is covered with gold foil from a champagne cork. The bottom border is cut paper. Stuffed with local raw cotton. The button is vegetable ivory. I thought the face turned out too "dingy", but the more I look I think it looks okay.

Attachments

• gold wing angel.jpg
    gold wing angel.jpg
    664.7 KB · Views: 0
An angel I made. I found the gold metal wings at the thrift store. The face is transfer printed with a piece of vintage tinsel for a halo. The garment is an old blanket. The tin star is covered with gold foil from a champagne cork. The bottom border is cut paper. Stuffed with local raw cotton. The button is vegetable ivory. I thought the face turned out too "dingy", but the more I look I think it looks okay.
I love it. You are so talented.

Love it! 😍 As HersheyMint states, you are so talented!

How big is your angel? Whatever size, it is a wonderful piece!
About 12" tall. Finding those gold wings was amazing. I've had them several months, wondering how to best use them.
I tried to make the angel more masculine; there are no female angels in Scripture. I think the sentimental feminine angel image is Victorian.

Twelve inches is a perfect size, big enough to see and small enough to hang almost anywhere.

I love thrift shops! I think it is amazing you found them too! You were the right person to put them to work!

Interesting that the Victorians began including feminine angel figures in art. That period seems as if it was especially intent on “following norms“ socially, politically, and in religion.

Twelve inches is a perfect size, big enough to see and small enough to hang almost anywhere.

I love thrift shops! I think it is amazing you found them too! You were the right person to put them to work!

Interesting that the Victorians began including feminine angel figures in art. That period seems as if it was especially intent on “following norms“ socially, politically, and in religion.
They were very sentimental. The literature, poetry, art, and customs and even their infatuation with nature was sentimental. A very interesting era in history. People forget that devils are angels, too. But the devil doesn't appear in art as feminine. Only the nice angels are girls!

1701955506468.jpeg

Hurray he's finished, his mum decided to have black leather reins instead of green and he now has a mane and tail made from his own hair and hair of his fellow pony companions who have passed on. I'm thrilled he's finished before Christmas
🎄
😁

This horse is needlfelted. NO I DID NOT MAKE THIS. But I thought the group would enjoy seeing it. Just gorgeous!

My goodness, that's remarkable!! Can you imagine being able to create such wonderful little creatures in felting? Impressed doesn't even come close. I wouldn't have the foggiest idea where to even start! I bet his family is thrilled to bits to have him!

😂 An army of ants? Your ponies will never see you!! 🤣

Insects are fascinating and we have a 16 year old granddaughter that is heading for the field of herpetology. She is a real student of both reptiles and insects and would just love your daddy long legs!

Naw, I'm so slow working on my craft projects, they won't even notice. 😝

I'm glad to I'm not the only crazy girl that likes reptiles and insects. I know we're not alone, but working in a hardware store everyone comes in wanted to kill everything.
I am invited to make my gourd buttons for a spring button auction. I would have to make 20. The theme includes insects. I'm trying to decide if I can make 20 gourd buttons and what kind of insects by March. Probably bees, lady bugs, dragonflies, spiders... Not sure I want that commitment.

Butterflies are always popular. Caterpillars and snails would be easy. A praying mantis would be cool. But having a deadline would take the fun out of it. I don't ever tell people I'm making something for them. I only work sporadically on my projects and usually have more than one going on at a time. So it takes me months...and if/when I hit a snag it might sit for months before I decide how to proceed.

Butterflies are always popular. Caterpillars and snails would be easy. A praying mantis would be cool. But having a deadline would take the fun out of it. I don't ever tell people I'm making something for them. I only work sporadically on my projects and usually have more than one going on at a time. So it takes me months...and if/when I hit a snag it might sit for months before I decide how to proceed.
Yes, a deadline is a challenge. The theme is "wings of spring"--I'm supposing everything would need wings. Fairies and dragons are even allowed. Maybe even a dandelion with seeds going aloft would work. I'm going to look into a scriber, which might be better than the wood burning tool I was thinking of using. It does inspire creativity!
I don't like to foist my creations on people. If someone likes something I made, I will give it to them. Garden Club met at my house last week and two people carried off reindeer and gingerbread people. That was unexpected.

Latest posts

Back