2023 crafting for all...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a beautiful button, the eye and nose turned out great! A cream background would be pretty too. The ochre does seem to compete somehow with the brown of his coat, but it is a wonderful button in either background!

The rabbit sounds cute too!

My amazing friend made plumes for Jasmine and Phillippé!!! Our first CDE is in 2 weeks so I thought I ought to dress up my old dressage top hat to go with our theme.

Attachments

• CAD703E2-56E6-4B24-A71E-0E8E408CCEA5.jpeg
    CAD703E2-56E6-4B24-A71E-0E8E408CCEA5.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 87AD13A7-458A-423E-B331-58CB8EA7D1FA.jpeg
    87AD13A7-458A-423E-B331-58CB8EA7D1FA.jpeg
    917.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 617642E1-D13C-44EE-844C-FC71043208E5.jpeg
    617642E1-D13C-44EE-844C-FC71043208E5.jpeg
    871.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1E70D065-FAB8-4F77-A356-DD179C04243A.jpeg
    1E70D065-FAB8-4F77-A356-DD179C04243A.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
@Marsha Cassada She's put elastics around the bottom so they'll likely just have to sit around the jaw. More so for parade/site visits than CDE, but we'll give them a shot. Perhaps some sound velcro to wrap around the crown piece will be the better mode in the future.

I've been experimenting with flocking on my gourd buttons. The first was a Dapper Dan. The body is flocked and the mane is paint. The bunny was a second try. I'm learning about how to use the flocking. The Dapper Dan button is for my vignette.

Attachments

• flocked dapper dan.jpg
    flocked dapper dan.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 0
  • flocked bunny.jpg
    flocked bunny.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Marsha, it's funny how you folks are talking about Wales and your art work. I'm actually heading to Wales in 3 days. Checking out the ponies in Wales, castles, in England and sheep herding in Scotland. Sure would love to see one of those little carts, it's adorable. Anyway, just thought I'd over share :).
I just noticed it has no singletree.
Your trip sounds wonderful. Will you keep a journal? I am heading to Vancouver later this month to visit my son; first time flying since a trip to England in 2000. I keep a journal of all my trips, even short ones. My dil has a horse, and it will be fun to see how they are boarded and transported in Canada.

Finished this little Christmas table runner over the weekend. And, the gnome quilt is done as well, although picture is before quilting and binding (I finished the top in like January, but didn't get around to quilting until now).

Attachments

• 2023 - christmas table runner - completed.jpg
    2023 - christmas table runner - completed.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2022 - gnome panel - top finished.jpg
    2022 - gnome panel - top finished.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 0
I just noticed it has no singletree.
Your trip sounds wonderful. Will you keep a journal? I am heading to Vancouver later this month to visit my son; first time flying since a trip to England in 2000. I keep a journal of all my trips, even short ones. My dil has a horse, and it will be fun to see how they are boarded and transported in Canada.
Yes, I will keep a journal when I travel. I haven't flown since 2019, a trip to Ireland and Switzerland with a Viking Cruise in between. I'm not a good flyer. I have to mention this about Switzerland as I had never heard of it before. When we were driving up into the mountains, we heard that unmistakable sound of tinkling bells throughout the entire hillside. I thought it was either goats or cows of some sort. To my surprise, it was dozens and dozens of beautiful horses with tinkling bells around their necks. I felt like I was in some sort of fairy tale. I would wish that every horse person could experience that sight and sound. I hope you have a great visit in Vancouver. I'm heading there next June and can't wait. We are actually driving there from Connecticut through Oregon and Washington with our camper. Then we will leave from there to tour the Inside Passage in Alaska on a Viking Cruise. Anyway, didn't mean to hijack this thread. I always take a look at the very talented crafters here and when you mentioned Wales, I decided to jump in.

Ugh, I adore the idea of riding side saddle. I really tried to get into it, even had a custom saddle made. I lost thousands of dollars trying to do it "the right way" all to end up having bought a broken saddle from the respected side saddle outfit in the states, and the custom job actually being a bathtub to ride in, much more a piece of artwork than a functional saddle. So I've hung that up. Stunning picture though, lovely turnout!!!

Working on a few things lately. Can't remember what I last posted, so will just post the two current projects.
First a Christmas table runner, not quite finished, need to add borders, layer and quilt.
Second a challenge project for quilt guild. We were given 3 crayons, and need to create a quilt using only those 3 colors plus black and/or white. I got blue violet, red violet and yellow green (might be green yellow, if there is a difference). I've just barely started, but have two blocks completed to test the pattern and fabrics/colors together.

Attachments

• 2023 - christmas table runner 2 - ChaChaCha - center.jpg
    2023 - christmas table runner 2 - ChaChaCha - center.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2023 - quilt guild challege - fabric group 1 with crayons.jpg
    2023 - quilt guild challege - fabric group 1 with crayons.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 0
  • 2023 - quilt guild challenge - first two blocks together.jpg
    2023 - quilt guild challenge - first two blocks together.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back