2009 AMHR National Judges

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTS@Sawmill River

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone who went to convention(or has heard from someone there) knows who the judges are for AMHR Nationals next year? Also, is it going to be the same judging format as last year, or is it switching ?

Thanks!

I am wondering too ..im sure everyone that got home last night or this morning are sleeping and worn out, im sure everyone had a
default_472.gif
good time
default_biggrin.png

I was there, tried to write them down, but I am not certain enough to list them
default_rolleyes.gif

There is going to be a set of 3 judges like always for the youth/amateur. A Futurity judge. And new for next year a set of 3 judges for open halter, and a set of 3 judges for open performance. I believe Belinda was trying to get that accomplished and it passed. About time good for AMHR
default_saludando.gif

Also AMHR Nationals is not going to start on Thursday, it is going to start on Wednesday, the 9-19th I believe are the dates, so they added a day. Same with ASPC Congress they added a day to their schedule as well.

Also starting for the 2009 babies, in 2012 I believe, they are going to have different driving divisions for the futurity. There is going to be pleasure, roadster, country pleasure, and western country pleasure for the driving futurities, again thank you AMHR for adding that
default_saludando.gif

If I think of anything else important to add I will let you all know.

AMHR Nationals Sept 9-19

Youth/Ammy

- Debbie Hamilton

- Charles Schroeder

- Deane Gutman

Open Halter

-Jim Curry

-Gary Nickerson

-Tim Parkinson

Open Performance

-Pat Sanders

- Ernie Lamdin

- Portia Sue Kalinka

Futurity - for AMHR ballets will go out in the spring

ASPC Congress July 28-Aug 1

- Richard Petty

- Karen Iverson

- Jackie Crisp Sr

Modern - Roger Daulton

Futurity

- Gordon Odegard

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... Thats a lot of info!!!

Thanks for posting the Judges, Erica.... Any idea who the Modern judge is for Congress? The 3 you listed, Iverson, Petty, and Crisp are for the Classics? I thought there are 3 judges for Classics, seperate judges for the Futurities, and a single judge for the Moderns... Does that Sound right? Still learning about Shetlands....
default_smile.png

Thank you!!!

Kristina,

I hit enter too quick.......I edited my post above.

That's how things stood as of Sat afternoon, I think they had a few phone calls to confirm.....

There was talk during the committee meetings at congress of having a Modern/Pleasure futurity judge and then a classic/foundation futurity judge, but I honestly don't remember what the board decided on that....

Thanks Erica for posting the judges!
default_saludando.gif

Did you by chance hear who gets to host the National Area 6 show and location/dates?

Thanks for all the information, that will help schedule vacation for next season, I am really surprised that they added a day to Congress, what was the reason for that? I didn't think that the classes were running late like they do for AMHR Nationals.

I like the judge choices! Maybe we can get back on the road in '09!!

I really like the idea of the added driving Futurity classes down the road, hope they keep that idea to be a "go" ! Too bad they didn't think of that before, but that's okay.

Does anyone know when the Area 1 National show is? I'm thinking about July 17-19, 2009.

Latest posts

Back