100 Minis seized in Houston?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We wonder why there is such an overpopulation problem
default_no.gif
Sad situation!

I have to agree with you on this one. She has shown she does not "care" for her horses. Though on the video they do say they may still take them all.

You can imagine how overwhelming it must have been to get all those horses out of there! It was so sad to see the ones that had to be carried as they were so emaciated that they could no longer walk.

I do not understand our Animal Cruelty laws I guess. When you leave Gods creatures without basics like water that IS abuse! I think all the animals should have been removed. They said their was family living there too...WTH? I wish I could have taken the little one with the bad foot...he is in need of care...BAD!

Hi everyone - Alison Elrod @ AMHA here...I know this is a topic that frustrates most of us! I just wanted to let you know what we can do to help these particular horses now that they have been removed from their prior situation. Just got off the phone with the Houston SPCA...here is an update

__________________________________________________________________________________

HOUSTON UPDATE: Just spoke with the Barn Manager at the Houston SPCA and wanted to share an update with you. They need our help!

They are finishing up the vaccines and initial inspections on the last 26 horses today. They are used to getting approximately 10 foster applications per week for equine and have been getting 40-50 per day since this story broke! So - if you have called to ask how to help or to foster, please be patient! That will be their next step after they secure the health and well being of the horses. A lot of this herd will be adoptable in the near future - many are not in as bad shape as those shown on tv.

Want to help right now? We have a generous vendor who will sell us all of the equipment they need right now at cost. If we raise $800, the Houston SPCA would have all of the tack and supplies they need as of right now. If you would like to help out, please call 817.783.5600 ext. 311 or email [email protected]. Please share this information with your friends...

If you want to contribute online you can do so at http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22AYF7ALSH2

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my some of them are so imiciated it is sickening the one little guy was so weak he couldn't even walk :S My heart breaks for them some of them look to be some beautiful horses in need of TLC

Hi Alison,

I sent a tiny amount, wish it could be more, maybe next week.

Thank you Alison for the update on the horses and the link were we can make donations.

I've made mine..... Please continue to keep us updated.

They had the story on our local news last night, so sad. BUt the video and pictures were not near as bad as the ones today on the net. I can't fathom them leaving soem there too sad. And Ecomony my hind foot, she could of sodl them even at an auction for soemthing, would of been 100 to 200 dollars but it'd be better than letting them starve. Glad the SPCA stepped in. I hope they get taken care of, I used to watch the Houston Animal cops till they almost got a mini killed loading it in that gooseneck trailer but didn't see them interview the guy that almost did it, so hoping the one that knows horses handled all of this. lol (sorry pet peeve of mine).

please make a donation......even if just a few dollars,, every little bit helps

Reading that, the owner(s) should go to jail. Sadly I see too many people breeding and not taking care of said animals and there is no excuse not to offer fresh water, other than being lazy.

But there are many good people out there that need help. People we rarely hear about but are really trying their best.

When my DH was out of work, my animals lacked for nothing, as MA can attest with Ella..ah well, being a bit over weight because had the baby Icelandic(part of the rescue with her Dam in foal with her) in the same pasture as with Ella.

First, I do NOT understand when someone is unable to provide WATER to their animals......Plus if they are unable to give HAY, they need to look for HELP.

Shari, Your little Ella shouldn't even be mentioned on this thread! Ella has been "relocated" to us ONLY because of you and your hubby being forced to move because of the economy/job situation. Ella arrived GORGEOUS (and FAT)........And when ever you want to share your (ongoing) relocation story, we will chime in at our end.
default_yes.gif

I agree this has nothing to do with the economy, this lady bred and bred and bred until she popped out all the foals she could out of those poor starving mares, something like this just happened here involving 73 morgans and 53 cats in a garadge, greed hands down, such a shame these minis need to be in this condition, wish i were closer or else ide be fostering a few, i will deffiantley do my part, soo sad
default_sad.png

Dan

First, I do NOT understand when someone is unable to provide WATER to their animals......Plus if they are unable to give HAY, they need to look for HELP.

Shari, Your little Ella shouldn't even be mentioned on this thread! Ella has been "relocated" to us ONLY because of you and your hubby being forced to move because of the economy/job situation. Ella arrived GORGEOUS (and FAT)........And when ever you want to share your (ongoing) relocation story, we will chime in at our end.
default_yes.gif
Thanks MA.
default_wink.png
At the time I wrote that, was before someone posted the whole story. Once I read that...
default_no.gif

Will post about the things going here at some point but I am sure many others on this board are forced to sell their place and take a job across the country.

Hard to express how painful all this is for us, nor how much we love this farm and all of our animals. I guess, I figured if my family can find a way to make sure the animals are well taken care of, even when things were very bad, other people should be able to also. Sigh ~~

Guess it is my confusing way of saying, I don't understand how people can do what happened to the TX mini's and all the other ones like this.

Anyway..

I just find it sad that someone did not ask for help sooner. No excuse for not giving the mini's food or water.

In CA, they have a rescue going on with 100 Icelandic's, but at least the people had enough land,most had enough to eat.

What is with the 100 animal rescues lately?

Sorry, rattling a bit... did not get any sleep last couple of nights and a little loopy.

Is good to hear they are getting help and there are people to take these mini's in and get them well again.

Latest posts

Back