100 Minis seized in Houston?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just pm'd and the farm that was cited was not the farm name in the footage. Hmmm. Hopefully all the animals will now be taken care of and the ones left, will be confiscated soon.

I believe the lady should go to jail! That is just sickening! Why on earth would anyone get to the point of having so many horses and so many dogs? Obviously she is not selling them! Just infuriates me that people get away with stuff like this. It really makes you wonder if something is messed up in her head like when you hear about those "crazy cat ladies" that are living in complete filth with 77 cats running around pooping every where. Just disgusted that anyone would be so heartless to see their animals like that.
default_no.gif

Actually, she was trying to sell them through the local feed store to offset her unpaid bill.

Not defending her at all, but SPCA is now involved and will continue to be involved until they either remove the remaining animals or she gets back on her feet.

Well to be honest I think anyone who knows her name should put it on a public forum. For no other reason then anyone who might have sold her a horse could now go back and try and research to see if they can help. MOst breeders are willing to take back their stock who ended up in a bad place (at least they should be)THey may never get the papers for these minis to actually see who bred them however a seller might recognize the name

You yourself Carin said she tried to sell them for to much money that is not the work or actions of someone trying to help her horses. And to be running a puppy mill on the same property.. sorry NO EXCUSE PERIOD if times were tough perhaps she would have actually quit breeding the horses and the dogs..

I am afraid I agree with the "this woman should be prosecuted" people on this one.

This person did not decide she had too many horses and call in animal control, only to have them find the horses were really thin.

She was attempting to sell them to suckers for full price...I suppose she thought that people were trying to get her prized animals for less than they were worth because she could not feed them?

Just like that case the other year.

People get paranoid, and everyone seems to see their stock through rose coloured glasses.

People, get a grip.

Proven show stock is not selling, what makes you think yours are going to if all they have done is sit in a field?

I think we, all of us, need to take our heads out of the sand and accept that horses are not worth squat at the moment and are not going to be any time soon.

If you have got a fair price for your foals,this year, bully for you, it is not happening for many!

These horses did not get like this overnight, it takes quite some time for a horse in good condition to get as thin as these horses are, she stood and watched it happen.

Anyone want to bet me that sheis not underweight, herself?????

That is what I cannot understand, what I cannot comprehend, how someone can walk past their animals starving, every single day, and still feed their (often) fat faces!

Now, if they were all starving together, and she were just some nutty hoarder with not a piece of food in her house, I could feel for her, but she isn't.

This is despicable.

I have thirteen horses I need to sell, if I cannot find them the homes they deserve I shall start thinking about euthanasia.

No animal was ever hurt by dying in the arms of someone who loves them.

None of myhorses will ever starve!!!
are all your sale horses on your website? do you have any dilute or pinto fillies/mares ?

Well to be honest I think anyone who knows her name should put it on a public forum. For no other reason then anyone who might have sold her a horse could now go back and try and research to see if they can help. MOst breeders are willing to take back their stock who ended up in a bad place (at least they should be)THey may never get the papers for these minis to actually see who bred them however a seller might recognize the name

You yourself Carin said she tried to sell them for to much money that is not the work or actions of someone trying to help her horses. And to be running a puppy mill on the same property.. sorry NO EXCUSE PERIOD if times were tough perhaps she would have actually quit breeding the horses and the dogs..
EXACTLY...

I don't see the need to publically flog her online.
To get the name and farm isn't difficult for someone in that county, it will be on file with the Sheriff's department...public knowledge.

I beleive that in cases like this...the owners SHOULD be publically FLOGGED...and I don't mean VERBALLY EITHER.

This is the link I haven't seen posted... It is from the Montgomery County Police Reporter... It also has some of the information that people on here have mentioned wanting to know if you look at the pictures.

Montgomery County Police Reporter

Last edited by a moderator:
Joanne, Im sorry to read about the troubles you have been having with your little new one...did it come from this farm? I hope she continues to improve...she lucky to have you.

No I got the mare from another ranch in Texas. I look at these horses on the video and realized we have made some progress in a month. But after that many months of neglect and abuse, it does not turn around overnight.

This was my first starvation case. You want to give them EVERYTHING to eat. But every step is a baby step. They have so many problems you just have to deal with them one at a time, and day by day. Our mare weighed 150 pounds on arrival. The size of a refined two year old. She was a mature mare. Skin and bones like those in the video.

I look at some of those horses on the video and realize what beautiful animals they were at one time. They have a long painful road back to recovery. I am sure Connie Parr could write a few books on miniature horse rescue.

I look at some of those horses on the video and realize what beautiful animals they were at one time.

Joanne - I was showing the videos to my husband and I said the same thing -- I can imagine how gorgeous those horses would be if they were cleaned up and fattened up... I am sure I would be drooling to have them in my pasture had I seen them in good condition. My heart just breaks for them. I wish you the best for your little gal.

Joanne, I just looked at your site and saw your beautiful horses.....Im sure it broke your heart to see this mare step off the trailer but after seeing your other horses Im sure you will have this mare looking great too.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Reading that, the owner(s) should go to jail. Sadly I see too many people breeding and not taking care of said animals and there is no excuse not to offer fresh water, other than being lazy.

But there are many good people out there that need help. People we rarely hear about but are really trying their best.

When my DH was out of work, my animals lacked for nothing, as MA can attest with Ella..ah well, being a bit over weight because had the baby Icelandic(part of the rescue with her Dam in foal with her) in the same pasture as with Ella.

The people of my family went without some simple basics but I figured I owe it to my horses and animals to do the best possible by them. They have water clean enough for people to drink out of, kept them UTD on all vaccines, worming and hoof trims. Will tell you it wasn't easy and many days I did not know if I could pull another Rabbit out of my hat, but I always did, some how.

But with the future move, I can only afford to take 4 horses and try as I might, I could not find sweet, shy, people loving Ella a good home and it wasn't from the lack of my trying, if MA did not offer to give her an out standing home.... not sure what I could of done. sigh ~~ Just so very glad it never came to that.

Anyway.. my long winded way to say.. there are a lot of puppy mill breeders that should be put out of business. But there are many good people, not breeding that need help in these hard times. We should also keep a look out for these people, let them know they are not alone.

How can you sleep at night knowing animals are hurting due to you not doing the basic things. Poor souls, some will never recover fully. I know my Carmel has been with me 2.5 months now and she is still way thinner than I'd like to see and she was not as skinny as some of those poor souls. I hope they find loving, nurturing homes.

amanda

There are 2 people that have registered quite a few minis with AMHR and AMHA back in 1999 and 2000 under the name displayed on the farm. Not many offspring have been registered and most of the A horses are revoked. The registries list both the names seen on the videos as breeders and owners of these horses. So how many horses have been bred and sold with out registering since 2000? That is a good question. Obviously they are only a mini horse mill at the best. Sickening
default_smileypuke.gif
and to think how many unsuspecting people have bought these horses?
default_sad.png
:(

Very sad...One thing that keeps popping up is they say it was 100 plus horses on 3 acres....is that acreage number correct? if it was in the county/unincorporated area then not much coulcd be done but if it is in any kind of city with ordinances.......many times there is a limit of one large animal per acre......even with 4 minis equal to one big horse most cities see a horse as a horse no size difference......but that many on 3 acres, this heat and humidity we have been having in Texas..........why did they leave her the 20 or so that they did....... sure, they say cases not over but all of those horses should have been taken.

Very sad...One thing that keeps popping up is they say it was 100 plus horses on 3 acres....is that acreage number correct? if it was in the county/unincorporated area then not much coulcd be done but if it is in any kind of city with ordinances.......many times there is a limit of one large animal per acre......even with 4 minis equal to one big horse most cities see a horse as a horse no size difference......but that many on 3 acres, this heat and humidity we have been having in Texas..........why did they leave her the 20 or so that they did....... sure, they say cases not over but all of those horses should have been taken.
The property is located at Hwy 30 and FM 244. Its in Grimes County which has no animal restrictions per acre unless you are in a subdivision or live in a town such as Navasota or Anderson. This is in Carlos which doesn't even have a post office. As far as the acreage, you'd have to go to the court house to see if that's correct or not.

Property listing in online and it shows one acre in one parcel and then 16 acres in another so not as bad as 3 acres media is saying......but still alot of little horses on small acreage.......i just keep thinking abut the heat/humidity and the water our big and little horses are going thru daily.......to leave some of the horses and dogs there is just crazy.

How sad reminds me of those people on hoarders. At least the ones I watched they usually hoarded things and not animals. Poor things
default_sad.png

They really left her to care for 20 horses when she neglected over 146 animals!!! This person needs to have all animals removed from her care and be put in jail, I don't care if she is the one who turned her animals over.

They really left her to care for 20 horses when she neglected over 146 animals!!! This person needs to have all animals removed from her care and be put in jail, I don't care if she is the one who turned her animals over.

I have to agree with you on this one. She has shown she does not "care" for her horses. Though on the video they do say they may still take them all.

You can imagine how overwhelming it must have been to get all those horses out of there! It was so sad to see the ones that had to be carried as they were so emaciated that they could no longer walk.

Latest posts

Back