Crystal's Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any chance of an update this morning
default_please.gif

Yes, some updated news would be good - any chance of a few recent pics as well??

Ah, great minds must think alike cause I was just out taking pictures for you!
default_saludando.gif
I don't think there is much to report except this is the second day in a row of good weather here and that in itself is newsworhty but back to babies.

Crystal no longer has a problem with me feeling around up there but she has decided having her nether regions out there on the internet is not what proper, well bred maidens do so I have to just stick the camera up there and click quickly. Too much of a close up???

2012may6thpeacrystal 005.JPG

And here is the next lady parts photo.

2012may6thpeacrystal 006.JPG

And the most beautiful Crystal from behind. She looks bigger but I can't get her to pick her head up to stop eating.

2012may6thpeacrystal 009.JPG

And a side view. No body clipping here because our nights are still below freezing. (Just another little Northeast Kingdom weather report. As you can perhaps tell, we who live in these icy regions obsess about weather.
default_wink.png
)

2012may6thpeacrystal 011.JPG

And if there is anything else you want photographed, just let me know and I'll head out there. Any thoughts on how she looks?

naw she is just so adorable Sara!! my favourite colour! that lovely rich bay!! she is going to have one gorgeous foal!!

I think maybe the next week or two you might have a new little baby
default_smile.png
heres hoping!!

Lori, I agree with you. I think she's close. Cassie, I adore Crystal. She has the sweetest disposioin and just loves to give kisses and nuzzles. I'm praying every day for a safe delivery.

Nothing going on. She was outside yesterday and rubbing her bottom and rolling around so I know it's getting close. I'm the nervous wreck though and might not make it. Thanks for asking Cassie!

Diane, you put it so well, as always! Sara, I can assure you that the nerves, worry and concern does not get any easier how ever long you have been foaling mares. You just have to remember to breathe and be calm when the time comes in case a mare needs your help.

I'm sure you will be fine! And Crystal is going to give you a gorgeous little baby.
default_yes.gif

Thank you Ladies. It's an exciting time yet humbling as well. Big responsbility to bring a new life into the world but I'm excited. Crystal is an awesome mare and if her foal is anything like her, he/she will be incredible.

the girls have said everything brilliantly so I won't add anything other then... can we see some more piccies please?
default_smile.png
maybe in the morning as I know its your night time at the moment
default_smile.png
I just love seeing Crystal she is so gorgeous!!

who is she in foal to again Sara?

Cassie, no pics from yesterday. Terrible weather here so I kept her in all day. She's in foal to Los Arboles The Velvet Fox. I have permission to post his picture so here it is so you don't have to scroll back.

babydaddy.jpg

I'll do pictures of Crystal today.

While I'm waiting for Crystal to finish her breakfast, I thought I'd share with you some non-Crystal photos. Although this is Crystal's thread, my life is full of incredible 4 legged creatures. Introducing two of our dogs, Logan and Lucy.

2012may6thlucyloganyard 002-001.JPG

And two of my girls visiting a friend's house to do some yard maintenance. (Much to their disappointment, they only got to mow for a brief period of time.) Diane, do you recognize Ginger?

picture5-001.JPG

And I'm just throwing this one in cause it's one of my favorites. Vermont really is incredibly beautiful in winter but I'm glad to see the snow is gone.

2011nov25thpeacock 006-1.JPG

Off to see if my maiden has finished her morning sustenance and is ready to start her day.

Diane, winters are not my thing either any longer. 20 below in the morning is just to hard to take with barn chores and old age
default_smile.png

Ginger does have a gorgeous neck. There's a possibility though she's expecting. She was bred and would be due in March 2013 if it took. The baby daddy is LR Hennessey Wearing Chaps, a palomino pinto. Don't have permission to post his picture but here's a link to an image search on him and he's the first four pictures.

LR Hennessey

Going to get Ginger out and about to do some driving training because her movement is so lovely.

Off to spend the day with my babies. Have a great day everyone!

Cassie, no pics from yesterday. Terrible weather here so I kept her in all day. She's in foal to Los Arboles The Velvet Fox. I have permission to post his picture so here it is so you don't have to scroll back.

View attachment 8560

I'll do pictures of Crystal today.
He was my favorite stallion at D'Armonds I can't wait to see Crystals foal-come on how about tonight Chrystal !

We live in the Icebox of the nation, so spring is such a relief!! Our weather usually only gets in the 80's at most! Ha ha!! Look up Icebox of the nation and you will know where I am at! Ha ha!!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back