Crystal's Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lori, I think your new baby is absolutely to die for!! I loved The Velvet Fox too and I'm so glad I ended up with Crystal. Kay, sounds like you're colder than here. How do you manage winters with animals? So cold in the mornings. But our summers are lovely too and we can usually have a small fire in the evenings which is a great way to end the day. Cassie, I sure hope now she holds on until Mother's Day. I'm sentimental. Diane, thanks so much for all your help.

Woops, forgot to add we had more rain today. Not the greatest lighting in the barn for photos but I'll have them for you tomorrow if it stops raining.

Belated welcome from me, glad I got her before she popped! They look like a lovely pair so should be a lovely little foal
default_smile.png

Lori, I think your new baby is absolutely to die for!! I loved The Velvet Fox too and I'm so glad I ended up with Crystal. Kay, sounds like you're colder than here. How do you manage winters with animals? So cold in the mornings. But our summers are lovely too and we can usually have a small fire in the evenings which is a great way to end the day. Cassie, I sure hope now she holds on until Mother's Day. I'm sentimental. Diane, thanks so much for all your help.

Woops, forgot to add we had more rain today. Not the greatest lighting in the barn for photos but I'll have them for you tomorrow if it stops raining.
oh I really hope she has her foal on Mothers Day for you!! ok I'm confused though our Mothers day is this weekend the 13th May, is your Mothers day later? a friend of mine who is here from America said it was the end of May? is that right LOL

um ok and I can no longer complain about our winters here in Australia LOL BRRRR what a lovely picture but yes I bet it must be freezing!! would love to come visit though one day hehe

Cassie, no pics from yesterday. Terrible weather here so I kept her in all day. She's in foal to Los Arboles The Velvet Fox. I have permission to post his picture so here it is so you don't have to scroll back.

View attachment 8560

I'll do pictures of Crystal today.
oh WOW he is gorgeous Sara!!! I can't wait to see her baby even more now!!! :D stunning!! any news or new piccies? please
default_smile.png

Cassie, Mother's day is this Sunday here too. I'll get pictures today for you for sure. In the meantime though here's our newest babies - at two days old - lilac turkey poults. P.S. - Cassie, it would be awesome if you visited some time!

2012may9thfarmday 003.JPG

Cassie, Mother's day is this Sunday here too. I'll get pictures today for you for sure. In the meantime though here's our newest babies - at two days old - lilac turkey poults. P.S. - Cassie, it would be awesome if you visited some time!

View attachment 8620
They are seriously adorable!

I wish my poultry shed was built!

Wings, turkeys are the best! I hope everyone is having a great Mother's Day. I'm still hoping for a foal today. Anyway, took this photo today of two BFFs. I feel very fortunate they allow me into their world.

2012may13thmothersday 008.jpg

Wings, turkeys are the best!
I'm partial to heritage and odd types of poultry. I really want Sussex chooks but I also want Araucana's for their green eggs
default_smile.png
I'd also love Mandarin ducks but they are so fussy to keep and very costly. Also love golden pheasants and java peacocks... so many pretty birds!

View attachment 8620
naw hi baby chicks!! so cute! thanks for sharing Sara!!! Crystal is SOO beautiful! everytime I see her I think how beautiful she is! come on Crystal I want to see your baby!! (so does your mum!) if I ever make it to America, you can guarantee I'll come and visit you Sara! would love to meet you and see your gorgeous horses and your lovely mountains!
default_thumbup.gif

I'm partial to heritage and odd types of poultry. I really want Sussex chooks but I also want Araucana's for their green eggs
default_smile.png
I'd also love Mandarin ducks but they are so fussy to keep and very costly. Also love golden pheasants and java peacocks... so many pretty birds!
haha you need a farm then Bree LOL. I love chooks too, wild dogs came and ate all ours ;(
default_thumbdown.gif
we had silkies, and they were the best
default_smile.png
but no more hopefully we will get some more soon!

Wings, I have the breeds you mentioned and more. I'm into heritage breeds as well. I also love my Ameracaunas for their colorful eggs and their sweet nature. I have peacocks running around and although I don't have ducks, I do have Sebastopol geese. All are happily free ranging around our farm and are so much fun to watch although broody hens are hatching babies at the moment.

Diane, thanks! I love my avatar photo as well. Lori, didn't happen. She's on her own time schedule I do suppose. Thanks Cassie! I think she's beautiful too.

Wings, I have the breeds you mentioned and more. I'm into heritage breeds as well. I also love my Ameracaunas for their colorful eggs and their sweet nature. I have peacocks running around and although I don't have ducks, I do have Sebastopol geese. All are happily free ranging around our farm and are so much fun to watch although broody hens are hatching babies at the moment.
Much envy
default_smile.png
No poultry here yet as I haven't had the time or money to put in the pens.

You'll have to share photos now, especially of the peacocks!

Here's my baby boy - not quite a year old yet but thinks he is all that!

2012may6thpeacrystal 003.JPG

Back