Crystal's Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Sara! I'm Mackenzie, just had my first miniature horse foal out a palomino medicine hat overo.
default_smile.png

Welcome to the Nut house! ;) All the ladies here are such great fun, but we love PICTURES!!!

Your girl is just amazing, so small yet so beautiful! The stallion is just gorgeous. I was thinking about breeding my mini to a cremello, but haven't found the right one yet.
default_smile.png

Can't wait to see more pictures!

Hello from SW Missouri. I love this forum! I've been lurking for quite some time now. I know a few on here.......Diane, Parmela. Looking forward to chatting with more of you. I, too, have a Darmond mare..............namely Darmond Gold N Glitter. She is a palomino pintaloosa and is 30 inches. She is in foal to our snowcap appaloosa stallion and is due in April. I have cameras, but I'm not on Marestare. Maybe one day I can share with the rest of you.

Sara, I'll be watching for more pictures of your beautiful mare!

Pam

Hi Pam and welcome to the nutty nursery
default_saludando.gif
I do hope you will be starting a thread for your mare, anyone can join in the fun as long as you post plenty of pics for us nosey lot to look at
default_whistling.gif

Renee

Thanks for the welcome, Renee! You ladies are a hoot! LOL Yes, I will see if I can get some pictures posted. Sometimes I have trouble with that. LOL I actually have a mare with a huge udder at 306 days. She foaled at 316 days last year. I'll see if I can get pictures of her and post some to get started on this forum.
default_yes.gif

Pam

Hi Pam, great to have another 'Darmond' to watch out for - especially if it keeps Diane happy as 'spots' are involved. LOL!!

Do start a thread for your girl, pictures are not too difficult, just get them from your computer to photobucket and from there to here, simple (well it is for most folks but not always for me!)

How's Crystal looking today Sara?

Hi Ladies,

Just discovered Pam will be my almost neighbor when we head to SW Missouri later this summer and we both have D'Armond horses. Wow, it's a small world. I know you want side pictures at her level but I'm having some trouble getting her to stand still while I photograph her side and she's so low to the ground. I have a friend coming over this week to help hold her lead while I take pictures. Vet was here yesterday to check her (I'm a nervous newbie mom) and all is well

Finally, I have some side shots. Here's side one:

2012march31stcrystalbelly 003.JPG

And side two:

2012march31stcrystalbelly 004.JPG

She's doing really well but what do you think from looking at her belly? Nail test said a filly. Any other pictures you want? Thanks!

Oh thanks for the pictures!! She's looking great and nicely on track for a foal in a couple of months time.
default_yes.gif

Do keep in touch with updates as she progresses please.

Hi Sara,
default_saludando.gif
she is looking great and nice and chubby
default_smile.png
I am glad I am not the only one with well covered girls
default_wub.png
Hubby came down to the stables last night to check on Eagle, he took one look at the girls and said "wow they are fat"
default_new_shocked.gif
I told him it is not nice to use that word around females
default_new_rofl.gif
you would think that at the age of 40 he would have learned by now
default_new_rofl.gif

Thank you Ladies so much! Every time I hear she looks just right, I breathe a sigh of relief. Eagle, for some reason everyone and everything who comes here ends up well covered.
default_risa_suelos.gif
We love our snack treats.

It's been a month so I thought I'd post some pictures. Supposedly, she's due in 34 days and 10 hours :)

One side:

2012april14thcrystal 005.JPG

Other side:

2012april14thcrystal 009.JPG

Underside:

2012april14thcrystal 006.JPG

Hope all looks well. Thoughts?

default_saludando.gif
hello there and thanks for the update. I just love this little girl
default_yes.gif
baby still looks to be high but it is hard to see from those pics, could you take one from behind to see how baby is laying and an udder shot from behind too.
default_please.gif

I think she looks really good and yet again another neat and tidy little maiden.

She has started a very good spring for a maiden and no doubt she will fill her grocery bags in the coming wks. She is making some lovely progress and also she is a very pretty mare. Bet she will have a gorgeous baby.

Thanks for the update and the pictures - she's looking great, got a little way to go yet, but not sure about 34 days and 10 hours, perhaps 34 days and 8 hours?? LOL!!

She's such a pretty little mare - cant wait to see her baby.
default_yes.gif

Thanks Ladies! I'll get the photo from the rear today. I have her countdown set to the earliest possible date and hour she could possibly foal so I know when to move my things out to the barn
default_yes.gif
I'm a nervous newbie grandmom. Just praying for a safe foaling.

You might have to move out into the barn sooner than planned because, seriously, I'm not sure that she will go another 30+ days before foaling!

Latest posts

Back