Crystal's Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Diane. I did love the photo and thanks so much Cassie! I saw on Lori's thread she posted her line up for next year. Is that something we're doing? I have decisions to make about next year. Anyone want to help?

How's your weather there now? Did you get any of the freak storm that blew thru the NE?

Last year we had a horrible spring and summer and late babies was the order of the foaling season.

It was awful, the waiting and waiting.

Hope spring comes to your neighborhood and you get a lovely foal sooner than later.

Equisize, we just went through some days of high winds and scattered snow showers and cold temps but nothing major for this part of the country. Hope you are okay where you live.

Seems as though overnight Crystal decided to get much larger. What do you think?

2012april29thsunmorning 017-001.JPG

Oh bless her!! These little ones always look so huge with their foals - one has to sympathise with them.
default_yes.gif

She's certainly looking very close, hows her udder doing?

Oh my goodness ..... 'ya think she's pregnant!!!!! LOL LOL

What is with these mares????

You might try one of Anna's hat pins on her..
default_yes.gif
...otherwise if she doesn't foal soon

you're going to have to get a skateboard for to support her tum.

Nice you didn't get dumped on with that super unseasonable snow but that took Momma's

excuse away for not getting down to business LOL

Diane, I agree she definitely looks huge with her head turned but the difference in size was so noticeable today from yesterday - wow!!! Do babies grow that much overnight???? Anna, I didn't crawl under her today but I will. Equuisize, I can just see her with her tummy propped up on a skateboard and then trying to roll with it. LittleBittyBritches, she looks like a giant to me all of a sudden. I'm excited!!!

It looks like baby has dropped into the take off position
default_thumbup.gif
You need to get in your trench and show us her udder
default_yes.gif

I will Eagle but winds are gusting at 40 miles an hour today and I'm afraid Crystal and her big old belly might blow away if I take her outside.

Well if you were already in your trench you could snap that pic for us as she sailed over the top of you!!

I doubt she would blow away with that tummy weighing her down LOL!! Dont forget that exercise is essential at this stage of the game. Hope your weather is better tomorrow.
default_yes.gif

Well I crawled under her today and not much is going on
default_unsure.png
but Anna, I do believe in physical fitness and daily exercise for one and all and Crystal's favorite sport is playing soccer
default_xreiter.gif

2012april30thcrystalball 008.jpg

but cause she's a mom to be sometimes she just needs a little help from a friend

2012april30thcrystalball 006.jpg

default_risa8.gif

Gee, think I'm an official member of the nutty nursery now.

Thanks Ladies! Nothing much to report until today and I'm wondering if there are emotional signs a mare is about to foal. I turned her out today and immediately she ran to a tree and started itching her butt. Okay, not so unusual but the amount of time she stayed there certainly was. She rubbed and rubbed and rubbed. After she got done doing that she herded her little pasture mate all over the place by bumping her around. Now she's just staring in the window at me. Woops, she just started herding her buddy again. Very unusual for her. Do I have a hormonal mare? I checked her all over and she looks fine and it's too cold her for bugs to be bothering her.

I wouldn't worry too much - as long as her poor companion doesn't get too cross with her!!

Her hormones will be playing her up right now and those hormmones play a big part in bringing in her mothering instincts once she has foaled.

So all is looking good!
default_yes.gif

Thanks! Her companion doesn't mind at all. They are very bonded. Good to know all is well.

I would love to claim this photo -- but I stole it from the PALS thread. We've enjoyed watching this mare scratching her belly on more than one occassion -- so I just thought you'd get a kick out of it. But they are not "mine" in reality -- just in spirit!
default_whistling.gif
Glad you shared Glitz's 'belly scratching' Diane! LOL I could take a daily picture of her doing that! It's her favorite thing! LOL

Mountain Woman, best of luck to you and your beautiful mare!!

Thank you Pals. I caught up on your thread last week and saw your gorgeous babies. And, if you ever want to place your butt scratching mare, my soon to be home is just up the road. Love those D'Armond horses.

Well, Crystal didn't want to spend much time outside today. She let it known she wanted to go back to her stall. I'm going to be watching her even more closely but I really think it's kind of soon.

Thank you Pals. I caught up on your thread last week and saw your gorgeous babies. And, if you ever want to place your butt scratching mare, my soon to be home is just up the road. Love those D'Armond horses.
Sara, thank you for the compliments on our foals and Glitz! I'll have to get another, current picture of her sitting down to scratch her belly. LOL You will be close enough this summer to come and see Glitz and the other foals, in person.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back