Crystal's Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainWoman

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a foaling thread for my mini mare, D'Armond's Crystal and Velvet. She is a maiden mare bred to Los Arboles The Velvet Fox (cremello) whose sire is Little King's Black Velvet and she is due at the end of May. I can use all the advice you want to give. Unfortunately, can't get her up on a camera due to dial up internet (we live in the boonies) but I can share pictures.

She came to Vermont in the middle of winter so she's been covered in blankets until the other day when we had our first warm spell. Here she is out playing.

2012march11th1stwarmday 003-1.JPG

And one more picture.

2012march11th1stwarmday 007-1.JPG

She's only 29" and this is my first foaling experience. Luckily, I have experienced friends and a great vet close at hand but any advice you have is appreciated. Also, any guesses as to the color of the foal? I'm thinking buckskin.

Thanks for letting me hang out on this board.

default_saludando.gif
Hi and welcome to the nursery, your Crystal is just adorable and this foal is going to be amazing
default_wub.png

To stay on here you will need to supply lots of pics but you have started out very well
default_thumbup.gif
We love to see pics
default_whistling.gif

My mares are due May/ June too
default_yes.gif

oh and what is your name? we are all friends here and Mountain woman is kind of long
default_wub.png

Thanks for the welcome Eagle! My name is Sara and I'm always taking pictures
default_yes.gif
Congratulations too on your new upcoming additions!

Hi and Welcome! Glad you are here to join us!

Thanks all for the welcome. She's mostly blanketed because it's still cold here so this is the only side shot I have of her at the moment. She was marking my new shavings pile afer rolling in it while I was cleaning her stall. She's a mare with a sense of humor.
default_yes.gif
This picture is from 3 weeks ago so she has grown.

2012feb17thbarn 007-1.JPG

Hi Sara. Welcome. She reminds me of my tiny one Sunny. Except Sunny only "looks" prego.
default_yes.gif

she is lovely,

Welcome Sara :D can we see a pic of Daddy maybe? how exciting for you! i would love a buckskin one day!! they are such gorgeous colours!

Keep us updated on how she goes... wish we could help watch her for you!

Thanks everyone. I saw on another thread you want us crawling under them and taking pictures of their lady parts? When should I start doing that? I'm not sure I'll be able to get my big bulk under this tiny mare but I shall do my best. What an adventure being on this board.

well if you can't get under her cos she is too tiny you will have to dig out a trench and lay waiting to snap those boobies
default_new_rofl.gif
Don't forget the bush to cover you up
rofl3.gif

Eagle, You're a riot!!!
default_thumbup.gif
I can just see dinner with the hubby tonight. "Darlin, can you dig a trench for me tomorrow?" "Okay but why do you need a trench?" "Cause I want to take pictures of my preggo mare's boobies!" Good thing he already thinks I'm nuts.

Thanks everyone. I saw on another thread you want us crawling under them and taking pictures of their lady parts? When should I start doing that? I'm not sure I'll be able to get my big bulk under this tiny mare but I shall do my best. What an adventure being on this board.
that might have been me "issuing that warning" cuz anybody that shows up here ought to know whut they are steppin in
default_blush.png

I got permission from Christie to use the photo of The Velvet Fox. Vickie, he belonged to Christie at D'Armonds but I believe she purchased him from Texas. He was sold in the dispersal auction too.

babydaddy.jpg

And ladies, after I have my caffeine fix, I'm headed out to dig my trench to photograph lady parts for you. Ah, the things we do. Thanks so much for the smiles.

Eagle, You're a riot!!!
default_thumbup.gif
I can just see dinner with the hubby tonight. "Darlin, can you dig a trench for me tomorrow?" "Okay but why do you need a trench?" "Cause I want to take pictures of my preggo mare's boobies!" Good thing he already thinks I'm nuts.
My hubby would not have said even before he knew the reason
default_new_rofl.gif

Eagle, my DH loves any excuse to use his equipment.
default_torch.gif
So I took the photos you wanted. I just stuck the camera down under and seriously, Crystal is so modest she crossed her back legs and kept them crossed. Here is what the camera saw:

2012march17thbeautifulday 002.JPG

Next, she ran in circles while I tried to lift her tail. Here's that photo.

2012march17thbeautifulday 004.JPG

And side one:

2012march17thbeautifulday 013-1.JPG

And side two:

2012march17thbeautifulday 016-1.JPG

Does everything look okay? She's 61 days away from her earliest possible foaling date. I sure hope she forgives me for this.

default_thumbup.gif
that's great thanks. You didn't have a bush on your back, that's why she ran in circles
default_new_rofl.gif
Good job you told us cos it looks like she has a wonky booty
default_shutup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sara, sorry not here earlier to welcome you to the nut house - I see you have already met a few of the inmates LOL!!

You have a lovely little girl there (0ne of my stallions is Darmond bred) and she is going to have a really super little baby for you!

Next picture request - kneel down on the ground so that you get the 'side on' pics down at her level instead of from above with you standing. The size/shape of her tummy wont show properly unless you are down at her level. Then you repeat the pictures every week so we can see the changes as they happen.

I'm the bossy one on here - so they tell me, but I deny it!!

Back