Crystal's Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, Anna, you really think she'll come earlier than another month? Here's the side pictures I promised:

One side:

2012april17thstuff 006.JPG

Other side:

2012april17thstuff 007.JPG

Thanks Ladies!!!

hhmmmm not easy to see from those pics sorry
default_blush.png
in the first she has her head turned which will push her tummy out on the other side. The second one is way too cute
default_smile.png
she is just adorable
default_yes.gif

What a cute little mare! I just love the small ones. My maiden, Daniela (27 3/4"), gave us a wonderful little colt for her first one and is such a good mom.

I have just one suggestion....if someone gave you a 'due date' take it with a grain of salt. Mini mares can give you a live healthy foal anywhere from 290 days gestation to 360 days gestation (counting from last date bred) so the operative word is Be Vigilant. and, maidens are notorious for not following the book! She looks to be bagging up, so could be quite a bit less than 30 days? Of course, some maidens like to drag things out too. Little sweethearts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Charlotte. This is my first foaling experience and I've been learning and I really appreciate your advice. Just wish I wasn't on dial up so I could have a foaling cam.

She has such a sweet face. You are in the right place to learn a lot since this is your first foaling. Last week my mare foaled and it was my first foaling and these ladies helped me out so much.

Nothing much is happening at the moment but she's enjoying warmer weather and longer days as I hover over her. Thanks so much for asking Cassie!!

Hi Diane, she looks the same as the pictures from last week. I'll try to crawl under her and see if anything is going on down there. She's rolling a lot although she can't get herself all the way over and I heard someone say rolling is a sign???? I think the foal should be a stunner but I'm just praying for healthy delivery for mom and babe. Wish I had a cam so you could all watch her for me too.

Sara I think you need to get back in that trench
default_thumbup.gif
can we have pics of that too
default_new_rofl.gif

Well, two more pictures from today. I was lying on the ground (we were not near the trench) and I kept sticking the camera where I thought it should be and Crystal was totally annoyed and letting me know it by stamping her back foot. Now we had just finished a wonderful grooming session so really no reason to pout but as I've told you, she's modest. Most of the pictures were a blur but here's one:

2012april20thcrystalbelly 009.JPG

Then I tried to get one by lifting her tail. First time she just sat right down. So I grabbed her tail again and quickly took a shot as she was planning on squatting again.

2012april20thcrystalbelly 010.JPG

As soon as I stopped trying to photograph her unmentionables, it was kisses and nuzzles and we were best friends again. Seriously, I hope she loses some of her maiden modesty or it's going to be quite the birth experience. Anyway, I love her sense of humor and truth be told, I'm that modest too
default_blush.png

Thank you ladies for making me smile.

Well you tell little Crystal that she has a beautiful booty.
default_smile.png
She still looks like she has a way to go but being a maiden who knows! Try and check her a couple of times a day and she will finally get used the strange woman looking at her privates
default_new_rofl.gif
I hope the neighbours weren't looking
default_new_shocked.gif
default_risa_suelos.gif

Thanks for the advice! I'll start working with the lady parts today. She was so scared when she arrived here in the middle of a Vermont winter from the warm climate of Louisiana and we've come so far in our relationship so now it's time to conquer the final frontier!

Snowball was the same way! Would stomp and want to kick, swish her tail at us when we would touch anywhere near her udder. For about a month now once or twice a day we just feel it, and she has improved greatly! I can feel safe to do it alone now, where before I needed someone to hold her.

LittleBittyBritches, thanks for the advice!!! Anyway, nothing new to report but I'm kind of bummed by negativity today so I thought I'd visit you most upbeat, funny ladies and if you want to see a newborn donkey jennet, visit my friend's cam. Here's the link:

http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=minidonk

And if you want to share a joke or a positive thought, that's great!

Oh she is just so cute bless her.

Hope you will feel a bit more positive tomorow - this waiting for a mare to foal can be a bit frustrating at times!
default_yes.gif

MountainWoman is too long so I think you should change it to DitchChick

ROFL

Any new pics to share?

Anna, thanks! Eagle, DitchOldWoman maybe????
default_smile.png
No new pictures unless you want one of her itching against a tree.

Hi Sara, Crystal is looking really good. Won't be long now
default_smile.png
sorry your feeling a little down... these girls sure no how to brighten your day though
default_smile.png

really wish we could help watch Crystal for you...

get a good nights rest and I hope Crystal does some shopping over night ;)

Latest posts

Back