Crystal's Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I think we're getting close!!!
default_517.gif
:baby Yesterday, Crystal wanted to go back into her stall after a couple of hours of turn out. She was asleep on her feet and just wanted to rest. Today, weather is terrible with rain and wind so she's in her stall and she's LYING DOWN. Now maybe cause I'm a total novice, I'm reading the signs wrong and it could be weeks off. Anyway, here's pictures from today of her lady parts.

2012may15thcrystal 004.JPG

Last one.

2012may15thcrystal 003.JPG

What do you think? I'm planning on sleeping in the barn tonight unless you tell me I'm way off.

Have you had those little 'beads' on the ends of her teats before. Not saying they are wax - a lot of mares have them, but just interested.

She still looks as though she has a little way to go yet (not weeks away!!) but at the same time she could foal tonight or tomorrow. To be safe, I would stay with her - I know I would if she were one of my girls.
default_yes.gif

hmm, yes I'm not sure about her, just to be safe I would watch her... :s if that is new on the end of her teats she could be close... I agree with Anna... I would think she SHOULd bag up more. but it is a little curious... I would watch her just in case ;) good luck and I hope she is close! have you tested her PH?

Nothing happened last night so I do believe you are right and she has some time to go. Haven't tested her PH. I'm here all the time with her and I'm ready when she's ready so we'll just let nature take its course in time.

We said goodbye to our wonderful 15 year old golden girl this morning. I really can't talk right now but to say she was the most fabulous dog who ever lived would be an understatement. In our hearts forever, beloved Emma.

1 (1).JPG

Trying to distract myself from grieving, I took these photos of Crystal for you.

2012may17thcrystal 001.JPG

2012may17thcrystal 003.JPG

2012may17thcrystal 005.JPG

2012may17thcrystal 006.JPG

Oh I'm so very sorry for your loss - what a beautiful girl, and what a great age she was. I hope Crystal will have her little one very soon to perhaps ease your pain just a little.

R.I.P. sweet Emma.

So sorry to hear about Emma- I know how hard that is. We put my golden retriever down a year ago- I had known her since I was ten years old, she was a best friend.

But you know she is in a beautiful place with all the things she loves, waiting for you patiently.

Rest in peace, Emma.

I am so so sorry about Emma.

She will always own a piece of your heart.

Good bye Grand Old Girl - Rest in piece knowing how much you were loved.

I do not know why our dogs cannot live longer.

The only thing I've ever come up with, is that they teach us unconditional love

so that when they leave our side, and we have learned our lessons well, we'll know how to

love and respect the others that will come after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crystal seems to have done some shopping- her udder looks like it is progressing to me!

Oh I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your beautiful Emma!! She is gorgeous! I love the Goldie's n my boy is 12 this year... I dnt know what I'll do when the time comes or him
default_sad.png
big hugs my friend!!! What a wonderful life she has had with you!!! A beautiful old girl rip Emma
default_smile.png

Crystal is looking so good Sara
default_smile.png
yay can't wait to see her bubba yippee!!

We said goodbye to our wonderful 15 year old golden girl this morning. I really can't talk right now but to say she was the most fabulous dog who ever lived would be an understatement. In our hearts forever, beloved Emma.

View attachment 8787
Ohhhh, I'm so sorry to hear about Emma. What a beautiful dog! She was lucky to have had a family like yours. It's just heart-breaking to say 'goodbye' to our beloved pets! HUGS to you and your family.

Thank you everyone for your kind condolences. I had to take a break from the computer to deal with Emma's loss. Crystal is fine. I think we're very close. I can take more pictures if you'd like. We're enjoying a rare long weekend of beautiful weather so it's a good time for a baby to arrive.

Sara ai am so sorry you lost Emma
default_sad.png
I went through the same situation at Xmas. Sending hugs

Back