Ziegler Transport

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minih567

Reaction score
We retained the services of Ziegler Transport to safely and securely transport two horses on December 2nd, 2009. According to the information we were provided, a transport vehicle experienced mechanical difficulties and the date had to be modified... 3 times! Finally they took delivery on January 3rd, 2010 in Indiana, we accepted delivery on January 11th, 2010 in Montana. As a result of the transport modifications, the health certificates had expired. The increased expenses incurred and the additional time taken have yet to be addressed in a satisfactory manner. Especially since the additional time was as a result of Ziegler taking them to Iowa, involving an additional two days travel and also resulted in an additional 4 day delay because of adverse weather conditions. The communications by Ziegler Transport were absolutely non-existant! Numerous messages left on voicemail were never returned. We were never provided updated information concerning the condition of the horses. The condition of the stalls during transport was deplorable as the horses were in no manner transported with the level of caring concern anyone who would hire a transport company to exhibit with such a special responsibility. Our horses were transported in a stock trailer with boards on the sides instead of an enclosed unit. While I am unable to know exactly what transpired during their ordeal, the horses seem to suffer some PTSD symptoms. While we are willing to work with any business, especially one entrusted with the responsibility to care for such special cargo, the lack of communication, the condition of transporting the horses as if they were cattle, and the failure to maintain any measure of a schedule, we feel it necessary to inform as many as possible of the situation. Needless to say, our business dealings are permantly completed.

default_no.gif
I am sorry you had this horrible experience.

Hi,

Sorry to hear your bad experience with them. I would NEVER use them, from a bad experience I had with them. I would never suggest or reccomend them to anyone!!

Latest posts

Back