Youth Show Clothes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cretahillsgal

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good place to find girls show shirts? I've checked with Hobby Horse but they are sooo pricey and I just cant afford it. Especially since she will outgrow the clothes pretty quickly. And I have searched on eBay too and found one shirt.

My daughter will be 3 in February and wears size 2T right now.

You could put an ad on LB saleboard looking for clothes. You can also check your local Goodwill or Salvation army for show clothes.

I have a few shirts my niece used for Leadline they have been worn one time . They are custom made they should be for size 2 - 4 . I have two different sizes , If you want you can email me and I would be glad to send you pictures.

Ebay is a great place. I've seen daughter/mother matching sets. But you have to check weekly as you may not see something for months and then someone cleans out their closet and its on there. I searched every week for about 3 months and finally got an english hunt coat and breeches in a 4T for a way good price. Haven't seen any since then. I was just lucky I was checking often enough to catch these.
default_smile.png

Good ideas above
default_smile.png

Do you have an Atwoods there? We saw some lovely little girls shirts in the one in Lawton today!

I have a friend that custom makes them. Little girls are $15, boys are about the same and Ladies are $30. She will make nets with a matching bow for her hair, and hat band. If you add rhinestones your price goes up. She made all my slinkies in our farm colors, she is great.

Here is her email sue@sueesewwhat@aol.

I also like ebay.

Wish I'd known......I just got rid of some. When my daughter was showing I watched for sales at Hobby Horse etc, and shopped consignment stores and ebay as well. Usually some available at World & Nationals, good place to buy and sell "gently worn" show clothes.

Jan

www.rods.com

You can go to tack and show and then there is a kids section. Way more reasonable than hobby horse. There's also drysdales(not sure of spelling), cripple creek, and panhandle slim. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I've shown since I was five and we always bought plain button up blouses or jackets and added the bling ourselves. (I still do it to this day and get tons of compliments). I can get pictures for ideas if you like.

Latest posts

Back