Youth Qualifying for AMHR Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coventry Lane Farm

Reaction score
How many judges/shows does a youth have to show under for qualifying a miniature for the AMHR Nationals.

This is a new adventure for us and looking for information.

Thanks in advance
default_smile.png

I think the way I understand what was explained to me is the horse still needs to be qualified as it normally would have in the past, but....the youth showing the horse needs to have shown the horse at one AMHR show. You can find out for sure by going to the AMHR website and download the rule book.

2008 ASPC/AMHR Rule Book

Pg 38. Youth - A Youth is an individual who has not attained 18 as of December 1st of hte current competition year (example: for 2002, a youth must not have attained 18 years of age by December 1, 2001). If a youth member wishes to be eligible to do registry work, he/she must obtain an annual membership.

Pg. 294 #6 - Youth qualifying for National Show - To qualify for the National Show, the youth and miniature horses entered must have shown together under two (2) judges prior to the Nationals Show. The youth must qualify by shoiwng that horse in a youth class or classes. In addition, the horse must also qualify as normal for the AMHR Nationals.

#5 - No post entering of youth classes. Neither horse nor youth can be changed after the closing date.

So actually the youth can show under 2 judges at one show in a youth class to qulaify for being at the Nationals and then we ourselves would show the horse to qualify for ourselves to show him at Nationals with a minimum of 2 shows and 4 judges, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pam i will call you monday if thats ok

Amanda Cervini

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back