Youth participation in clubs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo Acres

Reaction score
Hi everyone- I am new to this, so hopefully I can figure out what I am doing.

I was hoping to get some new ideas on fun activities that different clubs do to keep the youth involved. Our club finally is growing in the youth area and we are looking for ideas on things we can do to keep them involved and make it fun for them. This can include at meetings, shows, or seperate functions for the kids. I am looking forward to any ideas you might have.

Thanks
default_biggrin.png

I am a youth, and have been involved in our local mini club for a few years. At our shows they offer many youth classes and games with awsome prizes. Some clubs do a youth scholarship.

Nearby clubs do a "Kids Day Out" where we learn various things then have an all youth show.
default_yes.gif

Clinics and fun shows are always great. You could offer clinics with local trainers and include a lunch, or have them bring their own. Topics could include halter, performance, show prep., trick training, responsible breeding, etc. Having the youth participate in parades would also be fun and benefit the club. Every now and then you could have a costume, essay or drawing contest.

On and off the NM club

www.miniaturehorsesofnm.com

Has had rebate programs for youth. Everything from paying for entries to the state fair to one year sending a whole group to the world show.

The catch - you had to meet requirements to qualify...

Attend X number of meetings & clinics

Contribute something to the MHW or local newsletter

Do X number of promotional things (parades, fundraising, horsefair, show and tell at school)

So x number of community things (nursing home vistits, project introducing another youth to horses/showing, etc)

Also really nifty gift bags donated by all the local breeders & businesses (with advertising in them) given away during a lunch break to youth at the shows...

Latest posts

Back