Youth age group??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNR

Reaction score
Hello all

I have searched the AMHR rule book and can't find the answwer to my question so I come to you all for help!

I have a little sister that we are adopting this will be her first year showing and up till now all the kids I have worked with were 4 and 5! So here is my question she is 12 years old will be 13 in March when showing next year would she stay in the 12 and under or dose she have to go up to the 13 and over?? What is the rule on this is it there age as of Jan 1 or is it there eage at the time of the show!

Thanks

RNR

Good Evening,

For AMHR...a youth birthday for the competition year starts on December 1st. So if she is 12 years old on December 1st of 2007, she will show in the 8-12 division on December 2nd and all of next year. Then when she turns 13 in March and she is 13 on December 1st, then on December 2nd she will move up to the 13-17 year old age division.

Hope this helps.

Karen

Thanks soo much! I was hoping thats how it would work! SHe is just starting out and the 12 and under group would be much better for her!

RNR

Latest posts

Back