Your route/my route or Pick your route class

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targetsmom

Reaction score
I see them listed in the ADS Omnibus but can't find a description. Also the "scurry" class and "Errands" Class???

Thanks!

After much searching I found the following in a Prize List for an ADS show:

MY ROUTE/YOUR ROUTE:

1. To be driven over a course of 10 numbered obstacles (paired markers)

consisting of cones and balls each set at 80 inches for all competitors.

2. The competitor drives thru the start gates where timing starts and then

proceeds to drive thru all 10 obstacles in order.

3. Once the driver has driven completely thru obstacle #10, he/she must then

drive all 10 obstacles again, in any order and in either direction choosing his/

her own route, to the finish gate, which may also be driven in either direction,

where timing will stop.

4. Course faults are assessed as penalty seconds and are added to the driver’s

elapsed time. Placings are determined on a low total time basis. Ties for first

will be decided by a drive-off.

5. Penalties:

a. knocking down a start or finish marker .......................................... 5 seconds

b. knocking down an obstacle ............................................................... 5 seconds

c. 1st break to canter ................................................................................ 5 seconds

2nd break to canter ................................................................................. 5 seconds

3rd break to canter .................................................................................. 5 seconds

4th break to canter or prolonged canter ...........................................Elimination

d. 1st disobedience .................................................................................... 5 seconds

2nd disobedience ................................................................................... 10 seconds

3rd disobedience ..................................................................................Elimination

e. starting before the signal .................................................................Elimination

f. failure to cross the starting line within one minute of signal ....Elimination

g. failure to drive obstacles numbered 1-10 in order ......................Elimination

h. exceeding time limit (5 minutes) ...................................................Elimination

i. outside assistance .............................................................................Elimination

j. failure to carry a whip .....................................................................Elimination

k. use of a tie-down or overcheck ......................................................Elimination

l. breakage of harness or vehicle .......................................................Elimination

What other classes can you add (from prize lists maybe)? Sounds like there is more to this that I thought!

The idea behind it is basically the same as a standard cones class however the route is different. In a normal cones class at and ADS type show, you can't canter, you have to have your whip in hand etc. You have to go the correct/posted route, then you go back through it your way whatever way you want. Like if the posted route was 1-10 you have to do 1-10 first, then you can do 10,4,2,8,9,5,7,4,6,1,3 or however you wanted to as long as you do them all. Some horses prefer left turns, some right, so the driver does what the horse likes the best when choosing their route.

Scurry is about speed and obedience, you start in a "box" then go through the course then stop and halt in the "box"

I don't know about the errands class, we have a Town And Country course at our pleasure show and we have signs (think political signs that are everywhere) mailbox to put things into or get something out of, one year we had a truck with blasting music, 360 in a hula hoop silly stuff but stuff you might come across when out on the trail or traveling through town.

karen

We did this class at the pleasure show we went to in May. I found out after the class that when you pick your own route you don't have to keep the red numbers on your right like you must the first time thru the course.

Elizabeth

Latest posts

Back