Your new Mingus photos...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is beautiful!!! Congrats on your wins against the big guys!
aktion033.gif

Here are a couple more of Mingus and me in the arena...I was able to crop myself out of the other pics, but couldn't do it here, so please forgive the fat woman blocking the horse!

(Like I said, I need to work on keeping Mingus further away from me)

cocolfair-arena.jpg

The black gelding right next to us is gorgeous, as is the buckskin down at the far end, who is one of Mingus' buddies from the boarding stable...Quest

colcofair-lineup.jpg

(There were a number of other horses in this class not shown in the photo.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Susanne-

It's GREAT to see current photos of one of my favorite "bay boys"! He is looking in fine fettle; keep up the good work-and like 'fizz said, when does the driving get going? He looks like a superb candidate!!

Wonderful that you enjoyed the show so much; THAT'S what it should be about!!

Best wishes,

Margo

AWWW! I love seeing new Mingus photos!! He is looking exceptional! And yes, *nudge, nudge* it is absolutely time to see that boy in harness! He would look gorgeous in CDEs...
biggrin.gif

Looks like I'd better start doing more research into carts and harnesses...somehow I don't believe that good enough is going to be good enough! I guess I can say that I work to support my horses! (and my dogs and my garden, LOL!)

*happy sigh* That last picture really shows how well he stacks up against the big boys--he is so proportional!!! That maxi-mini is truely a mini horse!!

Come on down and we'll get him going in harness. You'll recognise the place--it has a really nifty logo on the sign
wink.gif

Dr. Pam said:
You'll recognise the place--it has a really nifty logo on the sign
wink.gif
432656[/snapback]

I noticed that logo in your thread on Lance...and in your Journal ad...like Christmas in July, or whatever month...it's always a thrill!

Last edited by a moderator:
They both did a good job in the show ring! It was a fun day. He looked fantastic as you can see in the photos.

Susanne noticed that she was only lady without a black cowboy hat though and I think it cost them a few points.
rolleyes.gif

(Just kidding...)
laugh.gif

We need someone here who is into cowboy fashion to direct her to the proper hat.

I also need to get one but I would feel like such a poseur with one on!

City folk!
rolleyes.gif

Daryl

Isn't it just incredible about how far you and Mingus have come?

I remember when you first got him. It was a lucky day in his life.

It's just such an amazing story of how you guys began in your little front yard and ended up in the show ring. What success!

He's lucky to have you.
wub.gif

I just get chills when I look at your man!!! He is stunning and you were right - his coat is sooo glossy-shiney!! Awesome!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Suzanne, Mingus is just lovely. You are lucky to have each other.
yes.gif
wub.gif

We're the lucky ones to have Mingus (and now Thelonius and Pastorius)! It's difficult to fathom how our lives have changed since the day we were offered the opportunity to adopt a skinny little colt, then named Squirt...

Daryl's right...I need to adapt my wardrobe for these Western shows...the woman next to me with the beautiful black horse looked absolutely elegant, while I was the frumpster. I told Keith yesterday that I'm going to have to start my own round-penning and neck-sweating to keep up with Mingus! Maybe beet pulp would help? BOSS?

Oh, crud, I sure do need to get that sweating and exercise program going too. Only mine wouldn't include any food, only a dry lot.
shutup.gif

WOW!! Susanne he looks great! And so do you!!

So glad it went so well this time!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures of him. I sure would like to see current pics of the other two also!
wink.gif
Thanks for taking the pics Daryl!!

Thanks again, everyone, for your wonderful comments! We've always thought he was beautiful, but that has more to do with who he is and less to do with how he looks, because he is an amazing character!

I have to tell on him, though...

Saturday afternoon when we brought him home from the fair, I put him in the corral with Thelonius and Pastorius and threw out some hay. Mingus didn't want to share his pile, and he backed his beautiful butt toward them and flattened his ears, looking ever so UNglamorous...I had to laugh at how ugly a pretty boy can be!

Latest posts

Back