Spooktacular!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shalakominiatureshowhorses

Reaction score
I didnt know where this topic would fit in, so sorry if it has to be moved LOL.

I went to the Halloween Spooktacular miniature horse show in Glen Rose, TX last weekend, and I had a BLAST! This is the show I look foward to all year! I have watched as a spectator since i was 8, and now i have competed in the show for my second time! (this is my 3rd show EVER!)

I showed all of my minis,

Hallmark's Boomer's Bentley-Bentley

Make a Wish Buck's All That Jazz-Jazzy

Make a Wish Whammy's Designer Genes-Devil.

They did AWESOME!!!

We got there later than expected when we had rain. Devil got wet from rain blowing in the trailer, so we had to stop at a laundromat and dry his blankets and slinkies off, poor thing. He has a couple of fans though, a couple of people stopped and took pictures of him
default_smile.png

But, we managed to get there on time to get them settled. Devil was the first to go in the ring for me in Liberty. His song is Me Without You by tobyMac, and we got 4th out of 14! So proud of him.

Then, the next morning was halter classes of some sort for all of my horses.

Devil and I got 1st in Youth Halter 13-17 (under), 2nd in 2yr Old Gelding (under) and 4th in Solid Color (under).

Jazzy and I got 1st in Youth Halter 13-17 (over), 1st in 2yr Old Gelding (over), JUNIOR CHAMPION!! and 2nd in Solid Color (over)

Bentley just showed in Multi-Colored, and we got 2nd

Later in the day, Bentley and I showed in driving, I had so much fun!

Bentley and I got 2nd in Youth Country Pleasure Driving 13-17 (over)

We entered in Open Country Pleasure Driving and the Championship Stakes at last minute, and Bentley and I got 6th in Open Country Pleasure Driving and 5th in the Championship Stakes!!!!

The last class of the show for us was Liberty the next day.

Bentley's Song was Lucky Strike by Maroon5 and we got 3rd and 1st out of 10 horses!

Jazzy didnt place because he was too busy smelling everything despite all of the Vicks we put in his nose! His song was Blown Away by Carrie Underwood, but im changing it again because it just doesnt fit him quite right.....

With 2 judges, I got 23 ribbons in all! This is always my favorite show because there are so many nice people there and its just so familiar to me.

For everyone that went, I hope ya'll had as much fun as I did and congratulations if ya'll placed! Thank you to everyone who has helped me at the show!!!!!!!!! My family and i greatly appreciate it!

Will post pictures soon on the Photo/Video forum,

Bailey

Congrats Bailey on a great show! I also want to thank you and your family for coming this year. We had a lot of new faces that came and joined in the fun along with a couple of new families that joined the club. We had 155 horses and a great turn-out across all divisions. This marked the 18th year for the Halloween Spooktacular and the 16th year with the Somervell County Expo. The ASPC/AMHR Club of North Texas shows are the longest running Miniature/Shetland shows held at this facility. Looking forward to 2013, come back in the Spring to our annual Daffodil Dandy.....April 19, 20, 21st. For those of you that use to visit our shows, we welcome you back to come join in the fun and look forward to seeing you again.

Karen Shaw

ASPC/AMHR Club of N. Texas

I love this show and was sorry to miss it this year. Looking forward to the Daffodil in April. Congrats on all of your wins!

Latest posts

Back