Your Ideal mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too think the 3 mini's I own are my ideal mini's - each one fits criteria that I love!

My stallion - B size, long archy neck, beautiful head with a teeny tiny muzzle and long "kiss me" lips, long shapely refined legs, nice chest area, high flagging tail, beautiful big trot, all around even and totally lovable temperment =) Not to mention a gorgeous light silver dapple, snowcap, with tons of mottling!

The more mottling, the better in my eyes!

My yearling filly - great slimline body, beautiful araby type dishy head and tiny nose with little flaring nostrils, soft doe eyes that make you melt, great rear end, disposition to die for =) Again, not to mention she is a beautiful leopard appy with TONS of mottling!

My weanling filly - she's got legs for miiiiles! Beautiful archy neck, short, dishy head with big doe eyes, one crystal sky blue that you can get lost in for hours, high flagging tail and a big beautiful trot, puppy-dog personality just loves attention =) And at 6 months old she's starting to mottle! Appy top and bottom, can't wait for spots =)

So my ideal mini's as you may note will have long, archy necks, slender legs that go for miles, araby heads with big doe eyes and tiny teacup muzzles, high flagging arabian tails, high stepping fancy trots, and in-your-pocket personalities that just love you all day long =) And obviously...APPY!

default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our 2005 colt is our ideal Mini sounds similar to yours but i think he will be over 30" maybe 31.5

We just love him. Can't wait to clip him. This is Smokin' at 1 day old.

sorry pic is so big have to learn how to make smaller

smokinlace.jpg

Ok I don't prefer pinto's myself, being an appy girl...but THAT is a gorgeous pair of pinto's!!!!! Beautiful mare and beautiful foal! Where is dad? I would love to see who contributed =)

Palomino/Pinto colt to mature around 33.75 that can move like a dressage horse!

My ideal would be a cross between my JR Stallion and my new filly I'm leasing. Stallion is a yearling but measures appx 32, really long legs, an extremely short back (Looks fake almost), super high set neck with extreme slant shoulder, good hook in the neck, and ears that are nicely long, and tip in so much at the top they look broken. The filly could contribute because of the fact that she has that absolute nicest head you could ask for (And she'd kindly donate her bloodlines to the cause as well
default_smile.png
)and she's only 29.5". And between the two of them I'd absolutely love to get that back topline so straight and flat you could iron on that ends right in that super high tail set.

Oh, and filly's a solid sorrel with an absolutely perfect blaze, colt is a near leopard appy... I would hope to get a sorrel with four high whites, the filly's perfect blaze, and a very small white blanket (Like just over the tops of the foals hips), and I want through it's entire life never to have even an ounce of mottling anywhere on it's body. I hate mottling- iMo. Plus I want my stallion's entire attitude as it is right now, he will absolutely show his heart out, and has quite a bit of spirit when need be, but on a day to day basis my four year old sister leads him out to the roundpen with out any problem, and when halter working, or learning something new he is a little skittish but extremely smart and very willing. I would also like a mixture of my colt and filly when it comes to ease of fitting... Filly packs on weight easy, looses it fairly hard- Colt gets 14 cups of food and 10 cups of beet pulp in a day and worked 20 minutes every other day, and still isn't packing on the weight I want in his hips (But he is NOT getting fat on that amount of food either, and he's NOT sick, it's just his body style).

Too bad it'll never happen... But I can dream!

Here are pictures-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/Nos...uthSupreme3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/Nos...sp/Spirit21.jpg

:aktion033:

All great dreams! Dreams I think are what everyone needs ...somthing to work for or a goal we want to reach.

Lori & Art :new_shocked: your black & white mom and baby are absolutely beautiful. Almsot makes me want to modify my dearm :bgrin

I can add Dream #2..a red roan filly about 31" tall refined and long neck with look at me attitude friendly and flashy good mover. Cute head, good topline, good shoulder angle and nice long hip with moderatly flat hip. Good balance between leg length, and height. Body legnth in balance with height. (short version is square... :bgrin )

Latest posts

Back