Your Ideal mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k9mini2

Reaction score
My husband and I were on a long drive...I was driving and he was asleep. So my mind wondered onto what would I like to have next if I could find my ideal mini stallion. So here goes.

a 30" or less good straight legs, and bite of course. a moderate refined horse, say a morgan type. With a good shoulder angle. Good long hip not to steep nor to flat. Good length of neck in poportion to length of body and length of leg. Nice head also in proportion to size of body. A good disposition friendly, gentle and sensible. Black & white approx. 70% black 30% white. can be either tobiano or overo. Showable but doesn't have to be a national champion type horse.

This would be the kind of stud horse I would like one day to add to my herd. So what do you think? should I start saving my pennies or just keep dreaming :bgrin

What would you look for in your ideal or dream horse??? did I miss something?

By the way. if I were to find this little guy what woud you expect to pay for one like that (I know bloodlines and showlines make a differece...so say a from and to price???

[SIZE=12pt]My ideal mini is ROY!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
: I know hes a B but he is soooo bomb proof, drives, jumps, rides, lunges like a dream (now
default_wacko.png
: ), very well mannered and loves kids dogs and other horses.Hes my best buddy and i wouldnt trade him for the world. Hes a 35' red roan pintaloose?? gelding 6 yo. Not sure if this was what you were looking for
default_wink.png
: but he is my ideal mini...all around!!
[/SIZE]

Introducing...

ONE RITZ-C-KID aka ROY! :aktion033: :aktion033: !

Royzer.jpg

My dream horse would be completely paid for and delivered to me free of charge and would be a filly that nears 34" in height.

She is jet black, dapple grey, or dark bay and has a white star and stripe or full white blaze.

She has 4 perfectly match stockings.

She is very leggy and has the confirmation of a thoroughbred and a tiny little head to die for but without a dish with great big eyes and a tight muzzle. Her neck is long and streamline and arches with a little hook but not overly hooky. Her body is perfect and she floats.

She is extremely hyper and shows well, but at home she's a slob and a lover and loves to wear scrunchies and eat carrots and is very smart. She bathes and clips herself and makes her own dinner, lets herself in and out of the barn at will and cleans her own stall. She speaks good english so I always know what she is saying and what she wants. She foals by herself and let's you know what time to be there to watch.

She drives like a dream and loves roadster especially and sets up for halter by herself.

Please direct Santa to my house if you know where she is.

An exact, proportionate duplicate of just about any major Arabian stallion, but Bask would be my #1 choice.

*sigh*

default_smile.png

Liz M.

I agree Liz, but, much as I try, it is not going to happen any time soon!!!

Silver dapple or silver bay, 36" to 37", pretty head, nice neck, long laid back shoulder, level topline, long hip, with movement to die for. Refined, elegant, with ATTITUDE.

Have a couple that are pretty close....you'll have to wait for some new pix though, I can't show you tonight!
default_wub.png
:

Through my eyes, I own a few that TO ME are ideal. Guess that's why I chose to make them mine :bgrin

OOOO Liz, ME TOO! I love Bask bred horses, I had a grandson of Bask for several years and he was not only beautiful but wonderful to ride or show too. His name was Gran Baske.

Mary

:lol: Marty, I never thought of that I will add that to my wish list a self care mini!

Hmm well that is an interesting question, all my horses are my type but of course not IDEAL they all have things I would like to change but for examples.. my ideal gelding would be Robs gelding target I love him,

My ideal stallion would be Champion Farms NIghtHawk he is not only beautiful but is so very consistent in what he produces his get and there show record show that. Or another one is Establo Brazil i LOVE that horse -

Oddly for me when I see say Michagans Sharp as a Tack who I also really love I say to myself wow if only that horse was 17 hands he would be amazing- I guess that is the sign of a horse I really love as well if I am wishing it was large and I would be honored to ride it into the dressage ring it is my kinda horse
default_yes.gif
:

I already have great minis, but I guess I wouldn't mind a 34 inch super chunky mini, that resembles a draft horse :bgrin

My ideal mini would be a true buckskin mare with very black points and a lovely caramel/dark creme body and head.

Sweet, gentle disposition. A small head with tiny muzzle, tiny ears, large eyes with a kind expression and . Long slender neck with a full hip and a good bit of bone on her! I like a mare to look like she was made right for reproducing even if she doesn't!!
default_wink.png
: I also love a flashy high stepping mover. Also a full mane and tail are key!

Most ideal for me is a horse that is stunning naturally even if you see them 'in the rough' in a field they catch your eye! They have got to have a real 'look' to them.

My horses all have something I love and something I would change, if I was looking for perfection but I love my girls they do nicely!
default_yes.gif
:

i can't remember who but some forum member has a beautiful gelding who had a lot of my ideal characteristics but I don't beliee she was selling
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
:

A silver dapple pintaloosa (with very sharp markings!) mare, probably large A or B sized. Sane and sound with lots of "get up and go" and fire, but safe enough for the kids to be around. Nice legs and a great head and neck. I'd have her harness trained and show her and let the kids show her. A nice pet attitude that loves to be loved... We show maybe 2-3 months out of the year, the rest she'd be home ready to be loved and groomed and go on long drives in the shaded woods.

Sounds like a personal add LOL

I'm new to this forum and I'm about to purchase my first mini/horse (a dream come true from childhood), so my ideal mini would be one that is healthy and loves attention. I'm easily pleased, I know. :bgrin

I too, love my horses, and am basically happy with what I have...but everyone has to dream...
default_yes.gif
:

My perfect horse would be a silver dunskin appaloosa "Rowdy", 32-34 inches tall. I think that would pretty well cover it.
default_wink.png
: :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:

I feel so blessed. Each one of my horses were hand picked one by one, and I am happy with each one. But you know there is always one more that I would want. I want a 32" or under true black pinto mare with two ice blue eyes. She must be super sweet and super friendly. Hmmm.... also I would like her to manure in only one spot.

Well I am hoping that next year I will have my ideal horse, at least we shall see the cross of my mare MB Shafeena with Solstice :bgrin :aktion033:

I will keep you posted on this one for sure

First Solstice

solstice1.jpg

and my mare MB Shafeena (grey)

Friends-1.JPG

My ideal mini is hopefully the two foals we are having this year. I am sooo excited and at the same time a little apprehensive. Mare stare can't happen soon enough for me, another month and we start :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back