Your first Miniature Horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Wacrapas Dapper Dan just off the trailer when I brought him home in February of 2002. He was a 5 year old stallion that had barely even worn a halter. My bil said his name should have been Ivan the Terrible instead of Dapper Dan.

We have learned from each other and come a long way together. Other horses may come and go but Dapper Dan is here to stay.

www.cassphoto.com/ddfirstday.jpg

His name is W a s h i t a s Dapper Dan. The Forum editor always scrambles the first word. There is a river near here by that name, from the Kiowa language.
AWWWW he looks just like my 1st mini Bob.

I just got my first mini, Diva, this year on September 9th for my sweet 16th b-day and my mom's wedding anaversery.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

IMG_6154123_edited-1.jpg

IMG_6099.JPG

Diva was a gift from my husband to Diva's Girl and myself.

It was a suprized to us both when he said we could get a mini horse.

My daugter and I called the lady who was selling her that night before he changed his mind.

He then had to build me a barn for her in a week so I could bring her home.

We both love her so much and can't wait for summer and hopefully our cart.

My first one was and still is my special boy Hallmark's Boomer's Bentley. I got him in 2009 from Hallmark Miniatures. I met Bentley at the Spooktacular Miniature Horse Show when I was just a spectator and called him my favorite
default_smile.png
Then, we went to a local mini sale, and we saw Bentley there. After much presuading to my parents, we brought him home on December 5th, 2009. I will have had him for 3 years this wednsday <3 He has gone from a mini in tip top show shape, to being a fat lazy mini and back to a show mini! I love him to pieces, and even though he can be tough to drive, its so much fun!!!

Ill have to post current pics tomorrow, Its a school night ;)

Here's my first, registered name AMHR Soda Jerk. Barn name "Morgan" in full winter coat. He was a total grizzly bear!
default_smile.png

Morganheadwooly.jpg

Got him and Wyatt the donkey around 2000 when my neighbors moved away and couldn't take him with them. Had no experience with horses other than taking care of them when the neighbors went on vacations. Of course, the potato chip thing then happened over time...
default_rolleyes.gif

Lost him this summer to cancer and miss him a lot. Have his half sister and little fuzzball daughter though
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My first mini was De Bomont Macho aka Munchie, he was foaled in Quebec, and I bought him because he was broke to drive, I bought him in 2003. He is the horse that you see in my profile pic
default_thumbup.gif

This is my first and only mini (for the moment) Stormys Golden Timber Buck! I felin love with his "FAT" mommy that my friend had and voila...out popped Timber! I just had to have him. This little boy is my WORLD now!!! We plan on having many more minis as soon as it is feasible.

2011-09-02_16-05-57_362-1.jpg

Here he is with his sweet momma

IMG_0138.jpg

My first mini was a rescue and my entry to minis... I had back surgery and a friend kept telling me I needed a mini. I thought no way, what would I do with one of those overgrown dogs! I saw Mick and fell for him. She HATED him and called him ugly, so I bought him. Now 5 years later I have 9 and am very involved with my horses and our NORCAL club!
default_smile.png

Now I know what you can do with them!
default_thumbup.gif

Mick.jpg

Back