Your Favorite Horse Names?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love seeing all the names. I'm not so creative. I do have a funny name story.

We purchased a filly that my daughter named Snow White. So when registering here, I came up with Ebony Princess because filly is black as black can be. Can't wait to see what she comes up with when we have first foals next year.

My favorite names of the horses owned and named by me are TMM'S LEGACY BY BOONE and

TMM'S HIGH OCTANE (pending).

Fran

My favorite name of a horse I own (co-own with my daughter) is Pondlakes Simply Irresistible. It desribes her to a tee!

jennifer :saludando:

My favorites from this years foals

Crayonbox Tickle Me Pink (it's a color of a crayon in the Crayola crayons).

Crayonbox Cash In Your Chips (one of the last few foals by my stallion Chips (3 are expected next year) before I geld him).

I love lots of horse names, some ours, and some owned by others I have seen. One of my favourites this year, is a filly my husband named.

The sire is Magnolia Farms Spotlight - "Spot" (appaloosa) and the dam is JEM Little Miss Naughty - "Missy" (sabino pinto). I wanted a name that had something of the parents names, and my husband quickly came up with "Trehernes Missed a Spot"! Suits her markings perfectly as she is almost all black with a couple of spots of white and white socks!

I also like "Trehernes Double Cream N Sugar" which is what we named our double dilute filly this year. Fitting as her sire, our Buckeroo/King Supreme grandson is Chickadee Ridge Double Magic, and also as the filly carries the double cream gene!
default_smile.png

Dusty Roads Inch High Samauri

Dusty Roads First Edition (Moxie)

Dusty Roads Misty Blue

Rabbit's posh name is" SP Mighty Atom"

It was the name of a very famous Show Cob in my childhood- a Grey, and he was lovely.

I always said I would use the name for something special- and I did!!

It also gives lots of good "linked" names- for example one of his daughters is "Atomic Reaction" and her daughter, who I am showing now, is "Chain Reaction".

But I think my favourite name of all time was the Arab "Irex" -although it is correctly spelt "Irex" Lady Wentworth intended it to be pronounced I-Rex- "I, King" as she thought him king of all he surveyed.

I do not think I have ever met a horse that could carry that name again.

We had one of his last daughters, Alexa, for a while and she was an Arab worth knowing too, although I shall use her name when the right horse comes by.

I like most of our horses names
default_smile.png
Who's Your Daddy & Norma Jean Baker are my 2 favorite Mini names of the ones we own.

We had 2 foals in 2005 and named them:

VPS Just A Tad Bad ( fits her too a tee!)

VPS Simply Irresistible

I used to show with a girl whos Saddlebred was named Bermuda Shorts
default_rolleyes.gif
:

There was a Saddlebred put through a big Saddlebred sale named Sosexyimdangerous ...I wanted to by him just for his name :lol:

I have Saddlebreds along with our Mini's, and Mini people seem to be much more creative with the names
default_yes.gif
:

Jen

This is actually a funny story that a couple of my friends did to their daughter. We were at a horse show and the daughter didn't want to go up and do the entry and wanted her mother to do it. Well my friend [who is a truly rotten practical joker] went up and signed horse and kid in. She did ask her daughter what to put down for the horse's name whereupon the daughter replied "I don't care, whatever you want to put down is fine". Well the horse did place and the kid nearly fell off the horse when her name was called out riding Baron of Greymatter! Needless to say she does her own entries now! Linda B
default_wacko.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Here are a couple of mine that I have:

Knight Stars Kool Kowboy

GHA Stormy's Moniet~arabian

Circle R Whipper Snapper~sold

Funny, with our prefix rules, how often you see the same name or a variation of it with someone elses prefix. I also have a Bedazzled, and a RazzlemeDazzleme (my favorite). I have a Red Hot N Royal, someone else had a Red Hot n Rollin, I think. Someone has an Uptown Cowboy, I have an Uptown Cowgirl.
default_smile.png

Of all those listed so far, I think Inch High Samurai is my pick - very cute!

Jan

Okay, Okay.

My favorite is my favorite horse's!

Mini Mounts Lucky Zeus.

I was going to call Diego Zeus when I first got him, glad I didn't!

Of the ones we own I like a name that I picked (of course) As most know we were blessed with a blind foal this year and I love her name she is Helen Keller so named as I am hopeful she is destined for great things.

I also like Maine Pride Crown Royal a Crown Prince son.

Back