Your farms main bloodlines...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boys are Buckeroo! My two herd sires are Buckeroo Grandsons. I have a Destiny Grandson weanling and two Buckeroo Grandson yearlings.

I am using strong driving stock on my mare lines. I have a Rhoten's Little Dandy daughter, a Candyland's Best Kept Secreat daughter, and a Lutes' Komo BJ Daughter. I also have a BOB daughter that has great action. By Crossing them with Buckeroo I am working on gorgeous horses that can M O V E!!

I guess what we have the most of in the Minis is Jandt's Chief Good Thunder--you can count on "GT" to put good movement on his foals, and our offspring are all good movers. Our senior stallion Ice Man is a GT son; our junior stallion Classy is out of a GT daughter, and a yearling colt that we bought last year and think very highly of is also out of a GT daughter. We have several other GT sons (geldings)....at least 4....plus of course a number of grand-get, through Ice Man and another GT son that we had one foal from before we gelded him.

Otherwise we also have some Rowdy and Buckeroo, but not real close up; there are some of the Lucky Hart foundation horses as well.

In our Shetlands they are all Michigan's Hartbreaker bred on their sire line; one is a Hart Breaker granddaughter, and the other 4 are all sired by a Hart Breaker grandson, Willowlawn's Mr. Unique. I do love those Hart Breaker breeding. 3 of our 5 ponies are stong in the Lou-Ed breeding too, specificially H.V. King of All--that seems to have been a real good cross with the Hart Breaker breeding.

The one bloodline I don't seem to have is Buckeroo.

I have Rhoten's Little Dandy, and Sierra Dawn Uno's Pharaoh, some Egyptian King and Rowdy.

[SIZE=12pt]We focus on the 100% Arenosa bloodlines, but they cross well with just about any other lines. Most all of ours are double registered and they range from 34" to 38" tall... Pretty too
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

Jenny

Our base bloodline is Cherryville's Rio De Oro, who has produced numerous World Champions for us. But when we started keeping daughters of his we had to look at a number of different lines that would work with his daughters.
default_wink.png

So over the years we have tried:

Husker

Patton

Buckeroo

Mime

Kokomo

Majic Man

Baccara

Double Destiny

Rowdy

Gold Melody

Egytian King

Southern Rogue

With mixed results in the breeding pen to name a few.
default_wacko.png

So far the best cross we have found is a colt named Silver Plates Baccara Luxor, who is a Baccara son out of a double destiny daughter. The babies have been outstanding and we would not take anything for Luxor.
default_wub.png

Recently 2008 we added a Rhapsody Colt named Rhapsody's Majic Reign who was 2008 Weanling National Champion and 2009 Yearling National Champion and we expect good things from him in the future. But time will tell.
default_yes.gif

I have Blue Boy bloodlines going on here all over the place.
default_wub.png

bloodlines have o be First Knight Bit-O-Hot Shot

well since you asked...i am just getting started with breeding i have been trying to get a first Knight herd sire!!! ( and through some luck I have a first knights on the rocks son which will add to my breeding program!(now my mares are anything that can move!. I have been mixing bloodlines for my broodmares which include Rhotens little dandy and circle s bill baylee untill my colt has matured. end goal is the ultimate versatility horse ( I know i have high hopes lol!!)

Taylor

My number one boy is a Buckeroo Son, something we dont have a lot of in Europe, he is fantactic( but then i would say that would'nt i)!!!!
default_laugh.png

I love the buckeroo line , i have a beautiful daughter also. My second in line is a LTD magic Man granson, and although i havent got great photos of him yet ....Wow he is outstanding

I am a beginner in the breeding world but i think after a lot of thought i am going in the right direction..
default_unsure.png

I have a lot of great names in my little herd but i do agree with the fact that pedigree doesnt always matter. A Great Horse is a Great Horse!!! I Love Them them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_wub.png

[SIZE=12pt]Our former stallion "RFM BOOGERMANS ULITIMATE WARRIOR'S" bloodline went back to ROWDY [/SIZE]

Our main herd sire "MARYSTOWN COWBOY WILD SPIRIT'S" bloodline is BOONES LITTLE ANDY

I've tried other bloodlines…. But our tried and true bloodline that has worked EXTREMELY well for our breeding program is our ROWDY cross to our stallion "Spirit" and fortunately I have numerous mares that go back to ROWDY and several of "Warrior's daughter's that I had retained.

In 2008 I decided that we needed to add a new stallion to our program to cross with our daughters that we've retained and that stallions name is "I BLUE BY U OF LILAC LANE".

"Blue's" has been showing for the last two years and will be retired next year after he's shown again by Lee Crutchfield and then he'll begin his introduction into our breeding program.

Aside from what we've already put together I'd be interested in looking at the "FIRST KNIGHT" bloodline. I have (1) daughter that is out of that cross from "NFC ROWDYS VELVET TOUCH" that was bred to "FIRST KNIGHTS DREAM COME TRUE" that I purchased from Lee Crutchfield and she's an extremely "EXQUISITE" filly. (Hence the name that I selected for her). Therefore, I think that it would behoove our program to acquirer a stud from that line to cross with what we already have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our base bloodline is Cherryville's Rio De Oro, who has produced numerous World Champions for us. But when we started keeping daughters of his we had to look at a number of different lines that would work with his daughters.
default_wink.png

So over the years we have tried:

Husker

Patton

Buckeroo

Mime

Kokomo

Majic Man

Baccara

Double Destiny

Rowdy

Gold Melody

Egytian King

Southern Rogue

With mixed results in the breeding pen to name a few.
default_wacko.png

So far the best cross we have found is a colt named Silver Plates Baccara Luxor, who is a Baccara son out of a double destiny daughter. The babies have been outstanding and we would not take anything for Luxor.
default_wub.png

Recently 2008 we added a Rhapsody Colt named Rhapsody's Majic Reign who was 2008 Weanling National Champion and 2009 Yearling National Champion and we expect good things from him in the future. But time will tell.
default_yes.gif
We have a colt of this line - just got him at the Double Diamond sale. He's a little dandy - a Rio De Oro grandson maternally, and his sire is Luxor. Moves like a freight train!!
default_wub.png
He's going to make a great little driving horse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back