babys are a kicking!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindyLee

Reaction score
I am expecting 3 foals in the spring and I can feel kicking in all 3 gals. This just makes me super excited cause this will be my best foal crop ever! I have waited 3 yrs of unsucessful breeding between these crosses to finally have all 3 catch! Now the hard part besides waiting it to come up with names!

All 3 gals are bred to my 31.75" smutty buckskin roan double bred King Supreme son, Little Kings Sentra Supreme.

My gals are...

29" silver dapple Miniature Dreamlands Misty J - Komokos Fancy Pants g-daughter

34" buckskin Alvadars Champagne Elegance - Flight of Fancys Champagne Taste daughter

and

33.5" bay West Winds Bay Lady of Buck Off - Buckeroo/King Supreme g-daughter

Im sure glad I got that baby name computer book from ROKO a cople of yrs back cause Im going to need it to help with names!
default_yes.gif

Who else is getting excited and who are you expecting to foal out in 2012???

100_0354.jpg

post-18407-0-40413600-1324661490_thumb.jpg

post-18407-0-14419600-1321116724_thumb.jpg

post-18407-0-72972700-1322546613_thumb.jpg

post-18407-0-04862500-1321116680_thumb.jpg

I know what you mean about being excited about the coming 2012 babies!
default_biggrin.png

We have a small herd and are expecting four bundles of joy in the spring. Two of our mares are bred to our buckskin stallion Alvadars First Lieutenant (he's a paternal brother to Alvadars Double Destiny), one mare came to us bred to SMHCs Exclusive (she's our Little Kings White Russian daughter), and one mare came to us bred to a Little Kings Black Velvet son (she's an Eldorado Bonsai Cast in Bronze daughter and a Little Kings Buckeroo Bonsai grand-daughter).

Our grullo stallion, Dusty Lane Vegas Bet a Buck, sired a sweet little grulla filly for us in 2011, but we didn't have the exact right match for him within our herd this year. We have one of ours lined up to breed to him in 2012, plus outside mares.

Four foals of our own are about as many as we want each year - quality over quantity!

Here's sending out prayers to all for a safe and healthy 2012 foaling season!

I've got 5 little bundles coming this year (2012). Four are March babies and one July baby. I'm very excited to see what my girls are going to produce as I brought in a leased double registered stallion who is a grandson to L&D Scout. I just loved that stallion.

I hopefully have 4 bundles of joy arriving this spring/summer. One purchased bred, possibly due in April (pasture breeding, 2011 foal born end of April). Three from my Top Cat son, I hope, and they are due in late June, I think (I'd have to look it up). there might be two more by my other stallion, but he has a logistics problem reaching my tall mares, so I don't know if he was able to get the job done or not.

I have seven mares in foal to RHA Rangers Absolut and yres they are all kicking too lol

Hailstone Red Hot Deile

Meadowind Indys High Hopes

Micatos Platinum

Micatos Farah Fawcet (hate that name!)

Lewingales Sea Star

Looking Glass Maytime Betty Boo

Lecarrow Panache

I love it when you feel the first kicks
default_wub.png
I get so excited! And from then on the girls have to put up with daily hug sessions while I look for more movement!

Being an Aussie I only just got my 2012 foals started so I'm looking forward to your upcoming foaling season for my foal fix
default_wink.png

After three years of not breeding any mares due to the poor economy, we are again expecting foals at Sunrise Valley! Theses will be 1st foals for both young stallions, and we are excited.

First up will be Knells Lighten Up red to Blue Ice MTP The X Factor.

Lacie_small.jpg XFactorFace_small.jpg

Then, three mares bred to Sunrise Valley Hollywood Premiere

DSC01198.JPG

Honeysuckle Knoll Regencys Belle,

Belle.jpg

KGL Zeros Beyond Perfection,

perfection.jpg

and Darkmoons Orions Sheeza Heartbreaker.

spring2010113.jpg

And last, but certainly not least is Lucky Four Suchabuck Shez The One bred to Lucky Four Rebels Chasin Rainbows!

Lucky Four Suchabuck Shez The One.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only one bundle coming, BUT it is my very first ever foal!!!! So I am WAY WAY WAY excited!!!!!!
risa8.gif
cheeky-smiley-006.gif

February needs to hurry up and get here!!!!!!!!!!

Here is Momma.
wub.gif

005-Copy.jpg

ETA: This picture was obviously taken before being pregers.
laugh.gif
She looks like a Huge pregnant, hairy, yak right now!
rolleyes.gif

And I don't have a goo d Picture of Daddy. So I won't post. He is very unphotogenic!

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a terrible first year of breeding. Our mare that took aborted at 3 months had fetus tested they couldnt find anything wrong with it or the mare. And my two other mares didn't take. It's very disheartening after trying so hard and making sure everything was perfect :-(.

How many months along are your mares where you feel the baby kicking ?

How many months along are your mares where you feel the baby kicking ?

My silver dapple is due May 9th - July 16th

the buckskin is due May 16th - July 16th

and the bay mare is due May 16th - July 16th

The only reason the window is so big is because I did hand and then pasture bred. I believe they took early and will be due in their 1st month as I did something diff this yrwhen breeding after 3 yrs of unsucessfull breedings.

HGStables...

Not sure if this is true to any breeders out there but what I did differently this yr for breeding after 3 yrs of not able to get some mares in foal...

I always give all my horses a 7 way shot in January every yr. Well last yr after hearing rumors that breeding horses sometimes has difficulties with the shot ( low sperm count and asorbing/aborting foals) I did not do shots at all! Now after 3 yrs of trying All three mares took by my stallion AND my other stallion covered a outside mare and I can defently feel her foal kicking too. So I will never ever give my horses a shot before breeding season again. Only after. Now it might be rumors and it might just be only luck but after 3 yrs of what seamed like bad luck and then doing it this way, all mares took and boys got the job done!

I can't feel my mare's baby yet, she was with the stallion from the middle of May until the end of July.

Oh yes they are! Love feeling the babies! So exciting!

7 in foal. All but one bred to Skipper.

10-095-09daniela1.jpg

First due is Reflections Daniela CBY (27 3/4") Homozygous tobiano. She is 278 days in foal and a maiden. I 'think' there is just a hint of a bag starting. If she follows the pattern here we will have a late Jan early Feb baby. :eek:)

6-06Paradigm.jpg

Then Reflections Paradigm CBY (29") and homozygous tobiano and dam of some awesome babies!. 222 days

7-08OoohLaLa2.jpg

Reflections Oooh La La CBY 29" tobiano/splash. 206 days

RedHead.jpg

Bear Farms Ima Red Head (31 1/2") tobiano/splash and dam of multiple World titled. 178 days

12-10HolidayStar1.jpg

Reflections Holiday Star (30 1/2") tobiano/splash 149 days (maiden)

DiNatS.jpg

Longview Acres Lil DeDe Dinah (31 1/2") palomino 111 days

And last but not least... Reflections Star Bright (32 3/4") homozygous tobiano/frame/ in foal to a Billy Idol son. 215 days (darn, wouldn't let me post her picture but she is the top mare on our 'Mares' web site page)

It seems on most of my mares I can start feeling the babies around 5/6 months if I am patient. With Daniela, Frank kept saying she didn't look in foal so I was really 'feeling' for that one and one day there was a tiny ripple.
default_smile.png
default_wub.png

We should have 3-4 Doc babies this spring. I just sold my palomino broodmare that was bred to my junior stud, and I'm not sure Copper bred back, I'm leaning towards no.. If it is just the 3, one is a repeat cross of a 2010 colt and the other two are new crosses with Doc.

Here's my boy Doc
default_wub.png
sire to all of our 2012 foals

40015_412565764612_224524494612_4635476_5981402_n.jpg

Our first due is a repeat cross.. LBFS Dancing Legs (AMHA/AMHR) Black Tobiano/Splash

Due April 20th (330 days)

22043_225980779612_224524494612_3125337_3081066_n.jpg

Will be full sibling to this colt:

215240_10150157607889613_224524494612_6627855_3715342_n.jpg

Second due is one of my newest mares. LIL Butt Blazing Glory (AMHR) Chestnut Pinto

Due May 6th (330 days)

226884_10150185266539613_224524494612_6864586_3076967_n.jpg

I've only been able to get one baby to kick and that was EXTRA special as the mare has been a "problem" mare for a few years now.. She was bred for a 2009 foal and unfortunately lost the baby 3 months early..
default_sad.png
We haven't had much luck getting her in foal, she'd show heats, cover her with the stud only to have her come back in a month or two down the road. Was about ready to give up on her and have her just be a babysitter, but decided to give it one more shot, and sure enough she settled and is due the first of May with a Doc baby.. I've been on pins and needles and to feel that little one give me a few good kicks was both exciting yet nerve-wracking! Confirmed she was in foal and the baby was alive and well, but makes me even more anxious and watch her like a hawk since we still have a ways to go and I'm terrified what happened in 09 could happen again..

This is the gal I'm most anxious about, she's due May 7th (330)

47965_423644819612_224524494612_4900840_1715111_n.jpg

And ending the season around May 20th, will be Carriage Hills Copper (AMHA/AMHR Silver Bay Roan) if she's bred.. Will be a repeat cross of my 2011 colt Cooper..

47518_423648489612_224524494612_4900911_1517852_n.jpg

Back