Your farms main bloodlines...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindyLee

Reaction score
This is not about confirmation or anything, BUT for fun as I know most farms have a certian bloodline they are most fond to and have many crosses in their herd. So what is yours?

Mine is Komokos Little King Supreme

I have...

8 yr old buckskin son of King Supreme w/x2 crosses

x2 Buckeroo g-daughters w/King Supreme

I also have a Komokos Fancy Pants g-daughter

& a daughter of Flight Of Fancys Champagne Taste to cross with him for some awesome leg action foals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I mix and match, but I do love Buckeroo, and have two grandget. Otherwise, my bloodlines are either unknown or far enough back that they might as well be unknown.

Well two of my absolute bloodlines are

Stonehenge Painted Feather - My absolute favorite miniature horse of all time. I will forever cherish him!

LTD'S Magic Man - my second favorite miniature horse.

I have many bloodlines that I love and I am always surfing around the net drooling over miniature horses. It's a terrible addiction.
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png
default_wink.png

Buckeroo mostly here - 2 Buckeroo sons, BTU son, Buckeroo grandson (also an L&D Scout grandson on dams side). We have quite a few Buckeroo granddaughters - Buck Echo daughter, White Russian daughter, Double Destiny daughter, 2 Billion Bucks daughters, Bar B King daughter, and others that have Buckeroo in there somewhere - and some double Buckeroo too.

We also have Blue Boy mares, Gold Melody, Egyptian King, Komokos, Reeces Thunder Hawk, among several others and a Billy Idol son to outcross the Buckeroo offspring later on.

My Main Man is Reeces Phantom Hawk he is an overo son of the late great "Hawk"

I have a Double Bred Rowdy overo stallion and a Buckskin Paternal brother of Hunt House Farms Medalion (He is also a maternal grandson of Rhotens Little Dandy)

On the girls side I have a Grandaughter of Nighthawk who is a maternal sister to Fallen Ash Farms Spellbound, my tried and true Flabys Bold N Fanci who is a great granddaughter of Orion on top and Stars Enterprise on bottom. Then I have one of her daughters Tapestrys Learning To Fly who is mostly Bond/Komokos on top. All these girls have wonderful action and hope with their nice pedigrees and conformation we will have some nice crosses with the boys listed above.

So I would say with the Hawk, Nighthawk, Rowdy lines for the refinement and all that have great movement we will hopefully get some nice halter/performance horses with icing on top (HOPEFULLY)
default_smile.png
I try to get mares that complament my stallions and vise versa and hope they have nice pedigrees as well
default_smile.png

Take a look in our pasture and you'd see the line of Mountain Meadow American Express.

We love our little guy and the daughers he's made for us.

The mare in our avatar is Rowdy and GMB lines and we're going to see how that

works with him.... Who knows, maybe we'd get a colt finally.

Being new to these miniatures I am trying to keep an open mind with bloodlines however when surfing miniatures the ones I tend to drool over most have the bloodlines of L & D Scout, Gold Melody, Buckeroo are a few that come to mind BUT...if they have a babydoll head, big eyes and flashy color bloodlines mean nothing to me. LOL
default_biggrin.png

I am only getting back into the breeding part (well, not actually for 1-2 more years, but I have the stallion...
default_wink.png
), but the line I am going to work towards producing are Arenosa. My stallion is 100% Arenosa-bred!
default_wub.png

Since I dont have any mares...yet
default_wink.png
...hard to say what I will be crossing with at this point, but I also love Monarch-bred horses, so........we'll see!
default_biggrin.png

We have mostly the " Michigan's " in both our shetlands and a few miniatures along with some of the Orion bloodlines for our appalooa's. We do have some other lines in our breeding program but we mostly have Michigan bloodlines from the Taylor's from West Unity Ohio.

We have alot of Seth Thomas bloodline both 100% or part . We have bred that to Arenosa and have resulted in a great cross. We also have Red Rock, Rock E Winks Arbor Acres Hopwoods and Windwalker. Some of the bloodlines are to young to bred at this time but looking forward to some of these crosses with Arenosa and Seth Thomas.

We mix and match, have a lot of Buckeroo, some Rowdy, Chianti, Egyptian King, Yellow Diamond Little Feather, Celebrations Tennessee Tyme, Mountain Meadows Special Express, and some pony lines like Georgetown's Tom Cat and Wa-Full Benihana. We've got a lot of Flying W Farms horses close up in the pedigrees, and Falabellas too.

I like to mix and match but it seems that most all of mine have Chianti at least once in their pedigrees, through 3 or 4 of his sons (Shadow Oaks Cock Robin being my favorite) also Broken Lance (through Carousel Designer Legacy).... but I am game to add anything that's nice...
default_biggrin.png

Rain has bloodlines from Brewers Dynamo Executive & Freedom Hill Farms Expert Endeavor

and Two Sox has bloodlines from Lazy N Red Boy

You and me together again Connie P.
default_wink.png
Stonehenge Painted Feather here in the UK, along with Dels Cowboy. These two crossed together are giving us some lovely babies
default_wub.png
Just have to wait and see how they grow on now.

I like Alot of Different Lines - I'm one of those mix and match

I have a Son and a Grandson of Pleasant Meadows Showtime

He is very much under rated, All the Foals I have seen out of him have been Exceptional

then I also have quite a Few Buckeroo, Rowdy and Blue Boy Bred Horses - all of my mares are :)

and one of my Stallions is a Rowbuck
default_wub.png

First of all, our minis are all pintos and carefully selected to NOT have any appaloosa blood.

But we do have Rowdy, Blue Boy and GMB/Buckeroo.

Our stallion is a cross between a Rowdy bred stallion (a Ramblin Starbuck son) and a Buckeroo bred mare (a BOB daughter).

Our mares include:

1. a cross between a Rowdy bred stallion (Cross Country Call Me Awesome) and a Blue Boy bred mare

2. a FWFs Blue Boys Magic Man daughter, so Wardance, Blue Boy and GMB

3. a Buckeroo/King Supreme bred mare

4. a Rowdy bred daughter of Jefferson Halls Gambler

Only foal so far is a result of crossing our stallion and the first mare, and we are THRILLED with that result.

I really look at the horse. The pedigree is a plus.

I have my favorite lines and they would enhance my selection, but if the pedigree had no known bloodlines to me I would not turn down an awesome horse
default_smile.png

I like variety in the bloodlines, but consistency in the type of horse.

I actually get quite excited when I see a horse I have fallen in love with and find that they are not related to the horses I have. That makes them many times more valuable here for breeding purposes.

A nice refined body that makes me stop,
default_new_shocked.gif
and my heart pound, (color would be another plus!) is my kind of horse
default_biggrin.png

I have all kinds of great horses/lines in our pedigrees.
default_smile.png

A bit of everything!

But One horse I love is Hemlock Brooks CockRobin and so I aquired two of his grandsons, to cross their future daughters together.

The two boys I'm talking about is Nort and Topper (both in my avatar)
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back