Yet another shooting!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoveMyGelding

Reaction score
It was all over the news today about the shooting at the mall in Omaha. Nine people dead three weeks before Christmas.
default_no.gif
Such a shame. I just don't understand what is in the minds of people that go out and just open fire on a bunch of innocent people. It was at a Von Maur store and that is the company that I work for. I work at the corporate office here in Iowa but we deal with the people at the stores. Our boss called a meeting right after it happened to tell us. We were all in shock! I'm still new there so I haven't really gotten to know any of the people at the stores but everyone in the office is worried because they heard a rumor that one of the guys they all really like is one of the shooting victims. We had reporters calling in trying to get info too. Lets all keep the people that were there today and the families of the loved ones lost in our prayers tonight! I'm definately going to count my blessings before I go to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little update. Fred was one of the people who got shot. He has moved from critical to stable condition and is in the intensive care unit. Von Maur has set up a fund for the victims and their families. The website is vonmaurvictimsfund.org or you can send contributions to Von Maur Victims Fund c/o United Way of the Midlands, 1805 Harney Street, Omaha, NE 68102-1972 We are all still so devestated that this even has occurred. Customers keep calling in and telling us their stories. One guy forgot his credit card in his car and went outside to go get it. He heard the shots right as he got to his car. Please continue to pray for the victims and their families.

What a tragic senseless act that no one will ever be able to understand or figure out.

My heart goes out to all the families that lost loved ones that day.

You just never know when someone will snap, what a scary world we live in.
default_no.gif

Back