Yeah! Jewel has foaled a 'fool day' filly 4.1.13

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's just adorable!! I hope Jewel continues to feel better, I wouldn't worry about the filly being big

This was my filly the day she was born (she is slightly uphill from her dam but as you can see she was huge)

aaa.JPG

Congratulations on your filly!!! Her legs go on forever!
default_wub.png

I think you are doing wonderfully - Jewel is very lucky to have such a caring and loving Momma to look after her and she is showing you how much she now trusts and loves you. Brilliant!!
default_yes.gif

Oh Jewel is doing much better today. She is feeling well enough to be somewhat of a brat so I guess that is a good thing. She is just being protective and has gotten quite peaved at vets coming in and nervous of any people peeking in to see baby .. At end of the day.. I walked her in the larger pen with baby by her side.. no distractions of other animals and Jewel was throwing a tissy fit so it was good for me to get her under control again and be the boss of her and still let her have her baby by her. The baby was getting a little confident and straying away a bit from mamma so I would lead Jewel to her baby, watch her scold her and bring her into line so we could walk around the pen in a circle all together. This 'seemed' like a good thing to do I guess and put Jewel back under my submission I think in a gentle way and the baby was to follow right along. She was big attitude this morning and is more back to a normal calmer mamma. She really was getting even her baby into a frantic running it around in a panic. Things are much better for Jewel for her health and her attitude. I am so glad. She is drinking now. Putting apple juice in a bowl of water really did help. She is pooping normal too.

I am going to need help in knowing how to handle/ train a little horse. I bought a video but it is for older horses.

Something went wrong with picts.. they came in black in white. I will send more to the other foal thread on here soon.

Day3.5.jpg

Yes he really is special. I am so glad that Jewel is feeling better now. I would imagine she just needs some quiet time with her baby after her rough start and then she will relax.

So glad to hear that Jewel is better!
default_thumbup.gif
I love to watch the babies when they first "discover" their legs and they start zooming around their mamas--brings a big smile to my face every time!! And when they are as beautiful as your filly, that's just a bonus!
default_wub.png

Oh my..Jewel has out done herself. That baby is stunning. I am SOOOOOO happy for you. A painted Filly..couldn't get any better then that

also love the other april fools day baby ...LOVE silvers! ahhh I could use a baby about now

So happy to hear Jewel is better and feeling good. The little filly is just precious, have you named her yet?

Her name is Jasper. Sparkles got a lot of attention today and a long walk as she got all upset when she found out she was all alone in the new large horse pen. I left her in there and she panicked when she couldnt see us anywhere. Jewel won't even look at Sparkles or come even close to her or let the baby come close to see Sparkles through the fence. That's because Sparkles is subtly a passive controlling little horse that took me even a while to notice it. It's just subtle little things she does. I can see why Jewel won't let baby come near Sparkles as she is trying to establish her authority with her baby. Jewel is a nervous horse and not a very relaxed mother. She sure doesnt even like having her baby run around happily too much. The goats are terrified of Jewel and won't even get near the fences right now but only peek from a distance.

yes.. Jewel is doing so much better. She would like to have more apple juice water... she really loved that but she is drinking normal amounts now of plenty of fresh water.

Bless her! Babies always cause their Mommas problems for the first week or so wth their rushing and dashing about. But you wait and see, very soon Jewel will just continue grazing and ignore all her new daughter's antics!!
default_yes.gif

My maiden, Design, was very protective of her colt Dice the first couple days. Now, she is happy when he is off playing while she eats. He goes over to the fence lines and says HI to the other mini's, the goats, and the geese.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back