YAY I'm so proud I have a foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow Glen

Reaction score
Just had to share, Last year my mare lost her foal but this year we had success so here is my new colt he hasent got a name yet and would like thoughts on his colouring what you all think he is both parents are leopard appys

LottiesNewfoal10thnovember074Medium.jpg

LottiesNewfoal10thnovember066Medium.jpg

LottiesNewfoal10thnovember063Medium.jpg

LottiesNewfoal10thnovember056Medium.jpg

LottiesNewfoal10thnovember038Medium.jpg

LottiesNewfoal10thnovember052Medium.jpg

Wow, he is STRIKING!!!! I am no appy expert, so no help with color/pattern, but I think he's awesome.
default_wub.png

Congratulations

Wowzer!
default_wub.png
Look at those legs!!! Sorry, I'm no help on the color, but it sure is unique. Congratulations!

Congrats!!! He is georgous!!! I would call him a near fewspot! How tall is your mare? Oh and he looks bay. He is about the best you can get for appy color! I love him!

Congrats!!! He is georgous!!! I would call him a near fewspot! How tall is your mare? Oh and he looks bay. He is about the best you can get for appy color! I love him!
thanks she is a large cat b she is 37'' and the sire is 31". I like my small catb's best.

And thanks everyone for the response, everyone has a different idea what colour he is I'm so confused lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! He's a beauty!!
default_aktion033.gif

He looks bay to me (color)

Pattern, I'm not sure. Is he snowcap, few spot or varnish?

I bet he is a snowcap. That is a homozygous pattern (he'll always throw apps), which is plausible because he's got two leopard parents.

He is BEAUTIFUL, congrats!

I would say snowcap but I haven't had alot to do with appys.

Ok first of all CONGRATULATIONS EMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOHOOOOO! I am SO happy he arrived safe and sound and is SO beautiful! Isnt that the best feeling after losing your first one??

YAY! I am also jumping on the snowcap wagon, I thought snowcap as soon as I saw him.

CONGRATS again Emma, I bet Tyla is thrilled with him. Have fun!!

Thanks guy's, Helen it is the best feeling aye,

I was lucky my dad was a farmer lol as I was at my place and the horses are at mum and dads,

she was 2 weeks early but I suspected she was gunna foal so put the alarm on her so when the alarm went off mum rang me dad ran out and seen that there was only 1 leg and a nose so he pushed him back in and found his other leg tucked up so he said he brought it forward and out he came lol and all this happened while mum was going oh my god she is foaling get round here then I heard dad say its alright its out, I didnt even find out till the morning what he had done and saved my boy. So I have told him he is hired for next year lol.

I thought when I seen him snowcap then thought bay but didnt no if it was an acually colour pattern or not lol. I cant wait till he's older so I can see what he is hiding yay.

Wow go Dad!!! Awesome! Might just be me, but I think the babies are extra special to the mares as well when they have lost one. I know my Katie just LOVES her wee girl to bits and she is 7 weeks old now...

Good job Dad... Your very lucky I'd hire him myself. Im become a bit obsessed with my alarm pager... I sleep with it under my pillow but I think I have been switching it off and on in my sleep... speaking of which... its going off..

Wow go Dad!!! Awesome! Might just be me, but I think the babies are extra special to the mares as well when they have lost one. I know my Katie just LOVES her wee girl to bits and she is 7 weeks old now...
I totally agree Lottie is so in love with him she is always muzzling him and if her steps away she is right after him lol

Good job Dad... Your very lucky I'd hire him myself. Im become a bit obsessed with my alarm pager... I sleep with it under my pillow but I think I have been switching it off and on in my sleep... speaking of which... its going off..
oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby alert, good luck

Yeah Dad is the best I was joking and telling him the colts paddock name will be Kelvin lol (thats my dads name) His years of calving cows were all for a reason lol mum said he did it as quick as a flash cause she didnt see him do it ( mind you I think she was hyperventilating lol) I shot round there to see him trying to stand lol and once he did that he was straight in trying to feed lol typical boy haha, and boy can he talk dad said he came out calling and he didnt stop lol and I left them about 2am he just talks talks talks and it sounds so cute.

Congratulations on your new baby boy!!! Is he a bay roan appy? He is very handsome!!!
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif

Latest posts

Back