Would love to see your mini mules

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheyAut

Reaction score
Show off your mini mules!!!! Or mini hinnies? Do they look different?

jessi

You asked for it! :bgrin Supposedly......a hinny has a prettier head than a mule. The hinnys are supposed to look more like horses than a mule does. Corrine will hopefully post pics of her hinnys. There was a sale ad on the board recently selling a "donkey" that was really a hinny.

I have been told more than once that mine weren't mules because their ears are too short.........
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Maestro, 36" black/bay 5 yr old john mule

maestro04.jpg

Sunny, 35" TRUE sorrel pinto, 4 yrs old molly mule

sunnyrht.jpg

Jester, 37", 3 yr old bright sorrel john mule (I REALLY need a new photo!)

jest05%20.jpg

Wylie, 29", 2 yr old Palomino molly, full sister to Sunny

wylie27.jpg

headshot

wylie26.jpg

Jasmine, 2 yr old, silver bay molly, now living in CA

mazylft%20.jpg

Fiesty, yearling smutty buckskin or bay (waiting on cream test) full sister to Jester

fiesty18.jpg

headshot

fiesty17.jpg

Muchacho, yearling john mule, bay with appy characteristics

muchacho12.jpg

I'll post some pics of my minny hinnys over the weekend. My guys are all in there winter woolies :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: . Here is one from awhile back of Snickers, enjoying the snow---when we had SNOW! Corinne
MeadowRdgs.jpg

we only have 2 so i will post more than one picture :bgrin

our new baby Eve, born 12/24/06

P1010030.jpg

P1010039.jpg

P1010052.jpg

and our rescue, now 9 years old, Little Miss Magnolia Faith (Maggie) - she is an appy mule (unfortunately due to the abuse she suffered prior to coming to us, it is not safe for her to leave the property... so we hope some day to have a mule foal we can keep to take on our visits with us, so when people ask what's the difference between a donkey and a mule, we can SHOW them). Maggie is a tough nut to crack but now we have Bonnie helping us, maybe we can get somewhere.

P1010035-1.jpg

Minis008.jpg

Maggie.jpg

and although this one is not ours, he IS out of our jack (so Eve's half-brother): Sweetpea!

SweetPea002.jpg

SweetPea013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all! LOVE all the pics!!!! Mules (and donkeys and horses...) are sooooo cute!
default_smile.png

So someone mentioned testing their mule for cream. WHich is funny, today I was wondering if you could test a donkey with the tests available for horses??? ANyone know? Extension, Agouti, ect? I'm not sure what genes donkeys have... lol! And do mules then have the ext. and agouti if donkeys don't? Or maybe donkeys have them, I dont know! LOL

Oh darn I forgot my other question... hmm.... have to think about what that was! LOL

Jessi

Latest posts

Back